SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

9 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Why are referring to a S16 dancer as being robbed in this rankdown? :dead: I like Gino well enough, but it's S16. No one from that season has been robbed in this.

I did not hate season 16 as much as a lot of you. No one else was robbed just Gino.

10 hours ago, *Diana said:

So now I have covid on top of my kids 😭😭😭I probably won't be as active as we try to recover 

Omgod take care of yourself, mine was pretty brutal with head and body aches :( but I hope it’s easier for you :hug:

Kirsten Wicklund (CA3)

Danse Bloom | Mobile App

Kirsten is one of the most stunning contemporary dancers I have ever seen. Her facility is really just... out of this world. Lindsay Leuschner levels. Blake and the other Canada judges recognized this immediately when she auditioned for the show, and that helped carry her through the Call Back rounds even though she wasn't the greatest outside of her style. They paired her with Jera, and I get the feeling that they expected this couple to do much better than they did. Instead they were given really regular routines that didn't allow them to stand out. Jera flopped even harder than Kirsten did, if you can believe that. They got rid of Jera and put Kirsten with Jesse, a move I think that again they expected to be a better choice than it was. They got bland choreography again and the judges were shocked_pikachu_face.jpg when another boring routine wasn't enough to magically give Kirsten a fanbase. She lasted to the Top 16 out of 22, which is not terrible, but not enough to make her a stand-out on that season. 

Chris Koehl (US8)

331full-chris-koehl.jpg

Oh, bless his heart. Chris is not one of my favorite dancers whatsoever. I enjoy his journey in Vegas Week and when he makes the Top 20. But unfortunately I did not like most of his routines. The Showcase Hip Hop routine was super sloppy and bad. Chris was very noticeably off during the Top 10 boys routine. His first duet was not actively bad but it was a Chris Scott duet and not a memorable one. His broadway was passable but I was always surprised to see the reception it got, with the Emmy nomination etc. The Jazz was very meh. The salsa was one of the worst of all time. Elliott always calls out that giving this couple salsa was a major bussing. But personally I welcomed that bus with open arms. Chris in the Top 7 guys routine is so distractingly off and bad that it pretty much ruins an otherwise great routine. I don't know how they managed to cast such amazing girls in S8 and then just a regular bunch of guys to partner them lol

11 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Why are referring to a S16 dancer as being robbed in this rankdown? :dead: I like Gino well enough, but it's S16. No one from that season has been robbed in this.

12 hours ago, Elliott said:

Gino was my favourite from S16 but it's also S16 so idc.

Taylor Swift Abandon Thread GIF by 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

On 9/14/2021 at 1:13 AM, FrogLenzen said:

165. Joey van der Slot (NL6)

173. Kameron Bink (US3)

215. Jemma Armstrong (AU1)

233. Melody Lacayanga (US1)

@Elliott these need photos

190. Shane Simpson (CA4)

213. Genessy Castillo (US15)

@JC these need photos

174. Kherington Payne (US4)

191. Caitlynn Lawson (US8)

@.Rei these need photos

14 hours ago, totes4totes said:

Save Redouan

Cut Sinerjey

sorry about letting my last cut/save expire I was super busy all yesterday and today. 

I still plan to do this. But I need a couple of hours for the write up since I have to do some work! If they could be left alone 😭😭😭😭

MV5BMjEwMzIzNjgxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTc5
CYRUS “GLITCH” SPENCER | SYTYCD US9

Cyrus is the male runner-up from the ninth season of the US franchise. Cyrus had a decent enough journey throughout season nine but I preferred other dancers like Cole and George. Cyrus probably should’ve won up against Chehon, though. It probably didn’t help that I found his original partner to be boring as hell. He had a good Contemporary routine with Jaimie once he broke away from Eliana. Also a good Dubstep with the Queen herself. He just wasn’t as polished as some of the others that season and they happened to be my favourites. I’ve never found him to have that many fans on the forum so I think he’s a safe cut at this stage.

Saving Mark.

• Like 1

204. Billy Bell (US7)

Billy was a contemporary dancer who originally tried out for the show during Season 6 and made the Top 20, but had to withdraw due to illness. He was subsequently cast on Season 7 and had a fairly decent run on the show, although he wasn’t among my favourites. In the Top 11 showcase he danced a beautiful Mia Michaels routine with Ade and Alex Wong. Then in Week 1, he danced a Broadway Routine with Mischa Chan and was safe. In Week 2, he danced a Krump routine with Comfort which was… a choice. She was good in it, at least, but he was safe. In Week 3, he danced another contemporary routine with Kathryn which, ironically, was probably his best routine of the first three weeks and he ended up in the bottom. He was saved over Melinda Sullivan. Then in Week 4, he danced another Broadway routine with Kate Sheen and an Afro Jazz with Jose. He was in the bottom, but safe after Alex Wong had to drop out of the competition due to his injury. In Week 5, Billy danced a Jive with Anya and a Jazz with Lauren Froderman and, again, was in the bottom but, again, was safe after Ashley Galvan had to withdraw due to an injury. In Week 6, Billy himself fell victim to an injury and didn’t dance, although he was supposed to dance with Courtney and do a stepping routine with Kent. He did, however, return the next week to dance a Bollywood with Robert and a contemporary with Ade (another one of my favourites of his). He was part of the double elimination that night with Jose. All in all, Season 7, including Billy’s run, was plagued with injuries but it did give us the all-stars format and some pretty good routines, so I think this is a decent placement for Billy.

Gabriel Piotrowski

gabriel-piotrowski.webp

I will let Megan keep her cut & save, so that leaves me with Musa vs. Gabriel and I prefer Musa so that means Gabriel is my cut. He is a Hip-Hop dancer who appeared on Poland season 3 and finished runner-up to Wiola, who was the obvious and rightful winner that season. Gabriel was good I suppose but I preferred Wiola, Marcin, and Iza that season. During his time on the show, he danced: Rock & Roll with Justyna, Argentine Tango with Klaudia, Hip-Hop with Adrianna, Contemporary with Paulina, Modern with Iza, Jazz with Adrianna, Viennese Waltz with Iza, Hip-Hop with Adrianna, Modern Underground with Marcin,  Pop with Wiola, and Hip-Hop with Wiola. So he had a good variety of styles throughout his journey but I cannot remember most of these routines outside of the ones with Wiola and the Modern Underground with Marcin being a very weird and bizarre routine. In the end, I don't have any attachment to him so sorry to any of his fans.

SAVE: Musa Cooper

• Sad 1