SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

I'm making my way through the season and I want to rewatch some before I do my recaps, but they have the auditions of everyone online and I thought that would be a good way to get started

Derek Watches NL5

Auditions

• Arno - where are all the good male contemporary dancers in this country and why aren't they auditioning? Dan says he's "damn good"??? um what
  • Daniel - okay well we didn't find one here either
  • Davinia - she seemed good enough but this was kind of all over the place. She had the gold wings for like... 4 seconds and revealed the most regular tank top hahahahaha. I guess she was trying to show different styles but honestly she would have gotten through with just the jazz
  • Delano - interesting choreo. not the strongest facility for the technical stuff that was in there but it was a good audition
  • Denden - good choreo, executed well. Great showcase for his talent
  • Eliane - YES. you can tell instantly
  • Frederic - oh he has a random chippie with him. Yeah this was a bad audition for them both lol Dan is right. Why does Fred look so tan here?
  • Hessel - oh no
  • Inge - oops I can't find a video of this one, oh well
  • Iris - good. But I can think of zero reasons why she shouldn't be wearing a skirt and heels for this.
  • Kalila - queen
  • Masha - this checked enough boxes. but pretty basic
  • Niels - whoa he spoke English. and I think they told him to stop it lololol. LET THE MAN SPEAK ENGLISH. Like, of course he's responding in English when Dan is asking him questions in English??? Also why does Dan get a pass? Does Dan understand dutch????? Anyway, I actually thought this was a great audition
  • Remy - maybe I just liked the song but I thought this was fly
  • Sarah - more interesting choreo than Masha but I'm not jumping up and down about it
  • Sinerjey - good enough
  • Vita - oops she forgot to wear pants. Only fair when so many boys have no shirt lol. great technique
  • Vivian - very sytycd

58 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I'm moving the deadline another 24 hours due to the holiday even though no one asked and only Amanda lives in the US lmao

Thursdays are hard! There are TWO countries putting out Drag Race episodes.

On 9/14/2021 at 1:13 AM, FrogLenzen said:

269. Ariana DeBose (US6)

@Elliott

270. Ben Veitch (AU2)

@*Amanda

271. Carlos Garland (US10)

@Zoey

272. Amy Gardner (CA2)

@sublymonal

• FrogLenzen changed the title to SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown (Cycle 3 - Rei's turn)
5 minutes ago, .Rei said:

@Deeee @*Diana @sublymonal @totes4totes @Zoey @JC @Elliott @*Amanda

Nominations:

Nick Lazzarini 

Melody Lacayanga

Dmitry Chaplin

Dominic “D-Trix” Sandoval

Jaimie Goodwin

Shauna Noland

Thayne Jasperson

Chelsea Traille

Asuka Kondoh

Victor Smalley

Channing Cooke

Jordan Casanova

Audrey Case

Alexis Juliano

Asaf Goren

Gino Cosculluela

Some of these are not eligible for noms!!! Bolded names!!! Round reset(!)

• Like 1

Audrey-Case-Feet-3926260.jpg

AUDREY CASE | SYTYCD US9

Audrey Case is a Jazz dancer from the ninth season of So You Think You Can Dance and quite possibly the most overrated dancer to ever make tenth place. This board loved her and I will never understand why. :whut: Her mediocre and forgettable partnership with Matthew let them sail through the first few weeks without hitting the bottom three. The generic contemporary by Travis and messy Jazz.. safe? Thank the lord that America saw them butcher “Time” and the judges did the correct thing by cutting Matthew. Audrey then got a partner who was ten times the dancer she was and she failed miserably. The only time I will ever thank tWitch. I found Audrey to be the least exciting Jazz dancer to be on the show in however many seasons. I don’t think she’s anyones main favourite who’s active on this forum any more so I’m good cutting her here.

• Sad 1

I thought Matthew/Audrey's jazz and contemporary were great! I prefer the Jazz. But yeah after having routines in their style, neither of them were able to keep the momentum going on the show whatsoever. Audrey has had one of the best careers though. Principal dancer in Jaci Royal's company (amazing!), and now she's with Derek Hough's Vegas show (random!)

CHANNING COOKE (US 6, CONTEMPORARY, FOURTEENTH)

Chan_1.jpg

I am curious to see if people like Channing that are both childhood friends and Shaping Sound colleagues of Travis + Nick will speak on the recently revealed acts of abuse. I find it irresponsible, horrible, and complicit at best to not come forward and provide support for the victims in the form of substantiated claims. Channing and others that close must know something. I just hope they all do the right thing.

Rant aside, Channing is a Hawaii native who joined the cast of SYTYCD6. A gorgeous Contemporary dancer, Channing was definitely the superb comp kid archetype. Except she was genuinely boring and uninteresting compared to the likes of Ellenore, Kathryn, Ashleigh (at the time), Noelle, and Karen. She found herself in a partnership with tap dancer Phillip Attmore for the first two weeks of the competition. Due to the weird voting style of the first two weeks of the season, Channing unjustifiably survived the bottom despite producing two of the worst routines of all-time. Her Jive and Samba routines are actual car wrecks happening in front of your eyes. Particularly the Samba. Clearly Phillip was to blame for most of the disasters, but not like Channing did anything worthy of safety in either dance. At Top 16, she is partnered with Victor and her time in the competition finally improves. Her first dance with Victor is a good Contemporary routine. The dance is a bit un-memorable in the grand scheme of things, but that can just be chalked up to the fact that Channing was really young and boring at the time. She lacked any star quality whatsoever. Her final dance of the season is her Tyce Diorio Jazz to “Blackbird,” which turns out to be her finest piece in the competition. However, front runners and fan favorites had already been established by this point, and Channing was a failure to launch. She was eliminated after her first trip to the bottom, ending up in fourteenth place. 

Could Mollee have been eliminated instead that week? Definitely. But Mollee is now a gay icon, so we have to stan her and accept that Channing was boring anyways?

SAVING: Bailey Muñoz
Edited by Deeee
  • Like 2

Victor Smalley
images.jpg

Meh is all I have to say about Victor so that makes for a pretty easy cut. He is a Contemporary dancer.  Hey see I can cut Contemporary dancers.. this is like my thirr one I have cut. I am growing! He danced during sixth season of So You Think You Can Dance. He did pretty well placing in the 6th place..good for him nothing he did did is very rememberable  to me so that makes me an easy cut to make make. 

SAVING: Ashley Galvan