SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Round 5)

.Rei

UNITED STATES SEASON 3 RESULTS PART FOUR

5. LACEY SCHWIMMER & SABRA JOHNSON - "KOYAL (SONGBIRD)" (JAZZ BY WADE ROBSON)

pZXWB1.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFnXozuBiCY 

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 9

Derek: 13

Alex: 4

Wally: 17

Diana: 9

Zoey: 15

Chris: 7

Amanda: 13

Megan: 8

JC: 6

Rei: 6

Andrew: 8

Elliott: 10

Dee: 3

FINAL SCORE = 9.14

COMMENTS

Most underrated routine of all-time. One of the most incredible pieces of choreography of all-time. Lacey and Sabra are unbelievable in this piece.

On 11/16/2021 at 9:22 PM, FrogLenzen said:

if Wade said they were sister foxes the judges might have reacted differently.

On 11/29/2021 at 2:12 AM, .Rei said:

This is probably one of the most underrated pieces of all-time. This was just such a genius piece of choreography and the two woman murdered this.

On 11/28/2021 at 11:15 PM, JC said:

again wade is a genius

On 11/22/2021 at 9:27 AM, Alex95 said:

What is Wade's obsession with animal dances? Only Lacey & Sabra can make this dance non-cringe.

On 11/28/2021 at 8:01 PM, totes4totes said:

Perfect. More routines should be about animals. Also just more same sex routines. Really my biggest criticism of US3.

On 11/23/2021 at 6:34 PM, *Wallace said:

I thought this was a very cute, understated and unique routine with Lacey playing the mother fox and Sabra playing the baby fox. It was such a unique dance, and I thought they both danced and performed this really well. They had strong technique, and a great connection with each other. :yes: Their roles as foxes was very believable. Although I do go through weird reactions of this routine where sometimes I really love it a lot, or sometimes I really like it. :haha: Ialso feel a little more drawn to Sabra here but both ladies do well here. I do love their synchronized dancing they do towards the end.

4. SABRA JOHNSON & NEIL HASKELL - "SWEET DREAMS (ARE MADE OF THIS)" (JAZZ BY MANDY MOORE)

36KmVr.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgI0jJakskw 

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 10

Derek: 2

Alex: 12

Wally: 1

Diana: 7

Zoey: 24

Chris: 4

Amanda: 10

Megan: 13

JC: 5

Rei: 4

Andrew: 1

Elliott: 1

Dee: 10

FINAL SCORE = 7.43

COMMENTS

Such a strong season that this somehow only ranks tenth for me. That feels criminal. Really one of the all-time greats.

My Top 2 routines were easy to figure out although I always change my mind between them over the years. Fortunately this dance will be my #1 favorite dance of the season. I don't expect it to win but hoping it does well and can make the Top 10. I do really love this Jazz from Sabra & Neil, and think it's an iconic dance. And A MUCH better Jazz routine from Mandy Moore than what she produced 3 weeks earlier. I love the business concept with the table, and it has this retro steamy feel to it. Sabra is really quite hot and fierce in this and Neil is just very cool here. They have this powerful intense chemistry and sell it so well. There are so many parts I love. I won't list them all but I'll list a few. One of them being that part where Sabra stands on the top and Neil naps Sabra's arm & leg and rotates her across the table. Then he does that big leap move over her! That's so cool! :omg: Then I also love that part where he throws her up in the air and she splits her legs up there! :omg: Then I love all of their side by side synchronized dancing. They move with such sharpness, crispness and stellar technique! They were both dynamic, exciting and absolutely killed this routine!

I can't believe the Table Dance slipped this low. That's my Danny bias speaking and also again, this season is so strong. I really thought it was gonna make my Top 10 when I first saw the routines. I'm guessing it will still easily make the Top 10 of the season and I won't be mad about that.

Flawless!!! Iconic piece and all-time great.

this routine lives rent free in my memory

3. JAIMIE GOODWIN & HOKUTO "HOK" KONISHI - "THE CHAIRMAN'S WALTZ" (JAZZ BY WADE ROBSON)

w0R67J.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gF_izDK1jY 

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 6

Derek: 5

Alex: 7

Wally: 2

Diana: 1

Zoey: 12

Chris: 3

Amanda: 1

Megan: 1

JC: 3

Rei: 1

Andrew: 20

Elliott: 29

Dee: 1

FINAL SCORE = 6.57

COMMENTS

The greatest routine of all-time. Third place just does not feel right.

On 11/28/2021 at 6:54 PM, *Amanda said:

Such a flawless routine! Wade really created such a special and iconic moment with this seamlessly intertwining Jaimie's technical abilities with Hok's B-Boy moves into a stunning, gorgeous and moving routine. While I love a lot of routines this season, Hummingbird & Flower edges out the rest of them for me. There's a reason that Wade won an Emmy for this and that it's considered one of the greatest routines ever from this show.

I feel like by now the fact that this is my favorite routine of all time is common knowledge.

Yep. Nothing has been able to top this yet. The masterpiece of the franchise.

this style is just phenomenal

completely lives up to the hype.

Very memorable for a reason, such a good dance.

The Hummingbird & The Flower is one of the most iconic routines ever on SYTYCD! My Top 2 routines were easy to figure out although I always change my mind between them over the years. Sadly this dance will be my #2, but I still love this a ton. This was such a beautiful and creative routine choreographed from Wade Robson, with beautiful storytelling in it from Jaimie portraying the role of the flower and Hok as the Hummingbird. What I also really love about this dance was how it was perfectly catered to the dancers. There was a lot of beautiful and gorgeous Contemporary moves for Jaimie and lots of cool b-boy moves for Hok, but it all made sense. Hok was so animalistic in his movements, and it was all so cool! They moved so beautifully separately and together. Even though they do lots of separate side by side moves like ~battling against each other, I do love how they come together at the end. Such a memorable and gorgeous routine.

2. LACEY SCHWIMMER & KAMERON BINK - "DANCING" (CONTEMPORARY BY MIA MICHAELS)

Pj5qJz.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRrBdU-ztO8 

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 3

Derek: 4

Alex: 2

Wally: 5

Diana: 2

Zoey: 3

Chris: 5

Amanda: 4

Megan: 12

JC: 2

Rei: 3

Andrew: 2

Elliott: 23

Dee: 8

FINAL SCORE = 5.57

COMMENTS

So this ranked eighth for me only because I decided to boost "Cabaret Hoover" and "In The Morning." This would typically rank sixth for me. If I decided to rank this objectively, "Dancing" would be the winner of the game! Interestingly enough, Dancing is the first routine I ever watched and it is the dance responsible for making me fall in love with this show. This routine holds such a special place in my heart. Lacey is breathtaking in this dance. Such a stunning dance. One of the all-time greats. So deserving of this high placement. Really surprised that it tied for the win!

I've spoken on this already. But this is Major.

Lacey could dance this with a plank of wood and it would still be amazing. Lacey is so good. Kicked this out of my Top 10 at the last second because I realized I wanted a different routine to slip in there.

Such a stunning piece of choreography and one of the best contemporary of all-time.

gorge, fave ship couple of the season!

My first ever routine I ever fell in love with :wub: :wub:. It got me really into the show...only to stop caring about three seasons later lmao

This was a pretty memorable and iconic Contemporary routine from Lacey & Kameron. This was such a moving routine, and I thought Lacey & Kameron danced and performede this exceptionally well.  I love the start of this dance with Lacey shivering her arms and Kameron hollding onto her, and all of those movements they do together. They move with such flexibility and strong technique. Their chemistry was so powerful too! This was Kameron at his best and one of the few times I was imrpessed with him. And Lacey did an amazing job here, with being out of her comfort zone. She really reached beyond what she thought she could do and excelled here. I love that part where she runs around the stage, throws herself onto Kameron with him catching her. Such an epic part! :omg:  An amazing dance! I think this is certainly a lock for the Top 3, and I can so see it winning.

1. LACEY SCHWIMMER & DANNY TIDWELL - "HIP HIP CHIN CHIN" (SAMBA BY DMITRY CHAPLIN)

x67Wzn.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kT9NY8LcGc 

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 1

Derek: 3

Alex: 1

Wally: 3

Diana: 3

Zoey: 6

Chris: 1

Amanda: 2

Megan: 2

JC: 4

Rei: 2

Andrew: 18

Elliott: 30

Dee: 2

FINAL SCORE = 5.57

COMMENTS

Lacey and Danny. That is it. That's the tweet.

On 11/16/2021 at 5:55 PM, taylorkat said:

One of my all-time favorite routines.

On 11/28/2021 at 11:31 AM, *Chris said:

The routine that defines Season 3.

forever the king and queen of SYTYCD.

sexy sexy sexy!

This is just such an iconic routine. Best samba ever. Hottest routine ever.

So unbelievably sexy, every single one of Lacey's movements is flawless. Idc about Danny's routine, it's not about him!!!!!!

This is perhaps a little higher than I would originally put it, but this is my favorite Danny dance and it would still be easily in my Top 5. And I am still really sad about Danny's tragic passing.

This Samba is definitely a very beloved and iconic dance from Lacey & Danny. I do think and will admit that I think Lacey had a few good but underwhelming routines at the end of her run with Kameron. I felt she really needed that strong dance to keep her frontrunner status (even though she never lost it), but this dance was THAT DANCE! Not only was this THAT DANCE but I felt this was her best dance in the competition. She was dominant, she was fierce, she was hot, she was sexy, she was workin' this dance from start to finish! :omg: Danny rose to the challenge of a difficult Samba, and partnered and danced this really well too. Lacey looked like a natural but so did Danny.  I thought they had sizzling hot chemistry here. I loved all of their partnering work, hip action, technique and just everything they did on the dance. :omg: I really love the part where the song gets all intense & fast with Lacey shaking her hips all over Danny that it makes him fall.. Iconic part! :dead: Love the spin Danny does and all of that hand-orgraphy they do! They all did a fantastic job here. I'm shocked..... that this actually had mixed reviews from Nigel & Mary. They had lots of positive comments but didn't remember the negatives.

I do feel like there's a strong chance for a Lacey dance to win - either her Contemporary or Samba, and if one happens, I am hoping for it to be her Samba, with Danny!

Wow, I thought Sweet Dreams would be a lock considering it was the only way to get the Neil fans excited about this Top 5.

I'm pleased with how this all shook out. My Top 5 is all interchangeable. 

Lacey really redefined sexy on this show all while wearing those ratty extensions. When will your fave

• Like 1