American Idol Season 20 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

Some thoughts I have about the stats:

- I think Allegra is sadly DOA on Sunday. Lots of comments critiquing her voice and how others deserved the save over her, and shes obviously last place in the stats overall.

- For Ava it depends. The facebook queens seem to hate her tone. However, she obviously got Top 10 in the episode. That being said, I think she was Top 10 only because she sang a ballad on Sunday. If she sings a ballad for Top 14 she has a chance of making Top 11, but otherwise, shes probably done.

- Leah and Emyrson are also in the bottom 4, but there wasnt a clear reason for that in the comments. I think its just a case of them fading into the background and they aren't actually at risk of going home on Sunday at least.

- Not sure why Jay is suddenly so high, but the facebook queens seemed to love his wildcard performance. 

- I think Mike is going home Sunday or Monday. His statistics are pretty mediocre for a country guy, and hes not going to be getting  votes from any other demographic besides the facebook queens so...

- There was outrage about Tristen not making Top 10 in regular votes in the comments of his performance. I think the only reason he wasn't in it was because of his song choice on Sunday, and I feel like he will be able to make Top 11 easily if he picks the right song this Sunday.

Edited by m1key

14 minutes ago, m1key said:

Some thoughts I have about the stats:

- I think Allegra is sadly DOA on Sunday. Lots of comments critiquing her voice and how others deserved the save over her, and shes obviously last place in the stats overall.

- For Ava it depends. The facebook queens seem to hate her tone. However, she obviously got Top 10 in the episode. That being said, I think she was Top 10 only because she sang a ballad on Sunday. If she sings a ballad for Top 14 she has a chance of making Top 11, but otherwise, shes probably done.

- Leah and Emyrson are also in the bottom 4, but there wasnt a clear reason for that in the comments. I think its just a case of them fading into the background and they aren't actually at risk of going home on Sunday at least.

- Not sure why Jay is suddenly so high, but the facebook queens seemed to love his wildcard performance. 

- I think Mike is going home Sunday or Monday. His statistics are pretty mediocre for a country guy, and hes not going to be getting  votes from any other demographic besides the facebook queens so...

- There was outrage about Tristen not making Top 10 in regular votes in the comments of his performance. I think the only reason he wasn't in it was because of his song choice on Sunday, and I feel like he will be able to make Top 11 easily if he picks the right song this Sunday.

Why do the Facebook people hate Allegra's voice so much?

Edited by CarmenSandiego

4 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

American Idol fans are some how worse than the voice voters which is impressive really.

Naa season 16 of the voice was a mess. In the playoffs all the mediocre country males got the pv over the Soal/rnb/pop singers that actually delivered 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

American Idol fans are some how worse than the voice voters which is impressive really.

Its the way The Voice had 3 POC in the Top 5 last season, meanwhile Idol only has 3 POC in The Top 14 total (and 2 of them were wildcards!) 😭

Edited by m1key
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I'm gonna assume it's her enunciation. It doesn't bother me (English is not even my first lenguage so i literally don't care at all) but it seems to be a big issue for some people. I don't get it but to each their own i guess 🙄

18 minutes ago, m1key said:

Its the way The Voice had 3 POC in the Top 5 last season, meanwhile Idol only has 3 POC in The Top 14 total (and 2 of them were wildcards!) 😭

Not defending the AI voters (those Facebook stats are apalling) but the POC cast this season isn't nearly as strong as the one from the last season of the Voice. 

Jershika, Wendy, Paris >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mike, Jay, Lady K

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, m1key said:

Don't fall for that. Two of them were on the team of the most popular coach (Blake) and the other was pimped in the Semifinal Instant Save 

Just now, FloorWax said:

Not defending the AI voters (those Facebook stats are apalling) but the POC cast this season isn't nearly as strong as the one from the last season of the Voice. 

Jershika, Wendy, Paris >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mike, Jay, Lady K

This is very true tho

22 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

The people that comment on Facebook posts are really the lowest of the low. As Clark Beckham  put it in a video she is to good for the majority of the viewers and her skills go over their heads because they can only understand and appreciate basic stuff.

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Rainbow_of_greys said:

It pains me to think how far Cadence could (would) have gotten if she’d gone the country route. 😭

She is not a Country singer.  She would have had a hard time with Country radio accepting her.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, m1key said:

Top 14 Facebook Stats from Monday's Performances

1. Noah Thompson (15k likes, 1.2k comments, 1.7k shares)

2. Dan Marshall (12k likes, 851 comments, 902 shares)

3. HunterGirl (8.8k likes, 605 comments, 460 shares)

4. Nicolina (8.1k likes, 572 comments, 546 shares)

5. Jay Copeland (6k likes, 646 comments, 400 shares)

6. Tristen Gressett (5.8k likes, 1.3k comments, 395 shares)

7. Christian Guardino (5.8k likes, 498 comments, 310 shares) 

8. Fritz Hager (4.7k likes, 287 comments, 228 shares)

9. Lady K (4.1k likes, 384 comments, 415 shares)

10. Mike Parker (4.1k likes, 363 comments, 270 shares)

11. Emyrson Flora (3.7k likes, 202 comments, 200 shares)

12. Leah Marlene (3.4k likes, 315 comments, 146 shares)

13. Ava Maybee (3.1k likes, 414 comments, 106 shares)

14. Allegra Miles (2.4k likes, 258 comments, 113 likes)

Nicolina holding her own with only the country ppl above her, yes queen ❤️ 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I'm gonna assume it's her enunciation. It doesn't bother me (English is not even my first lenguage so i literally don't care at all) but it seems to be a big issue for some people. I don't get it but to each their own i guess 🙄

54 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

The people that comment on Facebook posts are really the lowest of the low. As Clark Beckham  put it in a video she is to good for the majority of the viewers and her skills go over their heads because they can only understand and appreciate basic stuff.

My guess that it's a combination of the two theories offered -- her enunciation is a problem for some people and others can only understand and appreciate the basic stuff.

1 hour ago, m1key said:

And a trio of the whitest people you’ve ever seen still won. 🤧

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

My guess that it's a combination of the two theories offered -- her enunciation is a problem for some people and others can only understand and appreciate the basic stuff.

I'm not even sure most Facebook posters know what enunciation even is. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

How are these 2 things even comparable?

Thank you for putting into words what I was trying to express.

(also, her audition proves that she absolutely CAN sing whitney.......if she switches it up and puts an acoustic/countrypop twang to it.)

Edited by Rainbow_of_greys

One more thing I like to add. (Sorry, I haven't caught up with this season of AI but I did listen to the recent performances), Noah and Dan chose songs that are resonating with the audience a lot ("Stuck on You" and "Cover Me Up") -- in addition with not fumbling their performances if that makes sense. 

Edited by Gmm99

10 hours ago, m1key said:

2. Dan Marshall (12k likes, 851 comments, 902 shares)

12. Leah Marlene (3.4k likes, 315 comments, 146 shares)

14. Allegra Miles (2.4k likes, 258 comments, 113 likes)

American Idol in a nutshell :haha:

Edited by Daillon
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1