American Idol Season 20 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

On 2/13/2022 at 1:12 PM, olaui.hoho said:

Wow, so happy with the TOP 12 Girls. IF Danielle Finn and Scarlet Ayliz are trough too, all  my favorite girls are in.

Amazing!!!

TOP 12 with my 100 %favorite picks

Omg! Yes!! Totally agree! But I need Danielle Finn and for sure, Nicolina!! They’re my faves right now. I love Allegra, Kenedi and Emyrson too, but, I get kind of tired of the powerhouse belting after awhile. Danielle Finn and Nicolina Bozzo touch my soul!! 

I can’t stand the waiting!! Ahhhh!!

On 2/15/2022 at 3:36 AM, kryptonite said:

Woah, Lady K did even worse than I was expecting. That’s our first definite goner of the Top 24. Who let her choose Before He Cheats when she has that great R&B voice? She was very shaky throughout the whole thing. 

1 hour ago, Carrie_On said:

Woah, Lady K did even worse than I was expecting. That’s our first definite goner of the Top 24. Who let her choose Before He Cheats when she has that great R&B voice? She was very shaky throughout the whole thing. 

:? She slayed that. 

• Like 2

Is it just me or is the racial diversity completely lacking this season 💀 The only non-white girls are Lady K, Katyrah Love, and Scarlet Ayliz and the only non-white men are Jay Copeland, Mike Parker, and Sir Blake. Meaning 75% of the Top 24 is white 😭

2 hours ago, m1key said:

Is it just me or is the racial diversity completely lacking this season 💀 The only non-white girls are Lady K, Katyrah Love, and Scarlet Ayliz and the only non-white men are Jay Copeland, Mike Parker, and Sir Blake. Meaning 75% of the Top 24 is white 😭

It’s better than the Top 24 being 100% white. You have to look at things with a glass half full.

Edited by mrsvaledictorian2017
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

It’s better than the Top 24 being 100% white. You have to look at things with a glass half full.

True, I guess I'm just used to the 50% POC requirments for Survivor and Big Brother. This Top 24 is very talented regardless of the amount of diversity in it and I would never be against them solely because most of them are white lol.

I do think it would be something good to keep in mind for producers though. Having a bunch of blonde white pop/country girls isnt going to benefit any of them, and having people from different backgrounds is always a good thing. 

I haven't been keeping up with the contestants much this season (I'm familiar with Allegra and Mike but w/e) but a thought came up today:

How tempted will AI be to attempt (and inevitably fail) to put together a We Don't Talk About Bruno group number for Disney week. It seems like an unavoidable trainwreck waiting to happen.

Also: On the note of Encanto - Do we have a Spanish speaker in the top 24 who could pull off Dos Oruguitas this season? If so, please point me in their direction :haha: It's now my favorite song from a Disney movie ever and it would be absolutely criminal to not have it performed on a show, but do they have a Latino/a to pull it off in Spanish? The English version is meh in comparison but I guess I could stand to hear it.