American Idol Season 20 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

12 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Well the show lists her from Illinois so that's going to help her cause.

Leah said she was from Normal, IL twice during her audition. Unlike Nicolina, who said she was from Toronto, pause for effect, CANADA.

19 hours ago, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

I can't tell if you're referring to Normandy or Margie Mays. I was surprised at Normandy's singing voice and I was also surprised with Margie May's singing voice. They both had goofy personalities that made it seem like they were going to be joke contestants. When they started singing, it was clear they were no longer joke contestants.

IMO when someone brings up Margie & now Normandy I think of them as contestants that get farther than they should because of personality. It's not that they can't sing & I definitely don't consider them as joke contestants. But I feel Idol producers probably picked them to get so far as they did based on Idol needing "characters" since this is also a tv show.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ptebwwong said:

IMO when someone brings up Margie & now Normandy I think of them as contestants that get farther than they should because of personality. It's not that they can't sing & I definitely don't consider them as joke contestants. But I feel Idol producers probably picked them to get so far as they did based on Idol needing "characters" since this is also a tv show.

Normandy was talking in a squeaky baby voice. If that’s not considered qualities of a joke contestant, then I don’t know what is. Margie Mays wasn’t really much of a joke contestant, but she overdid the trying to be funny at her audition. I let all of that go when I heard how great she sounded when Margie was singing. 

Edited by mrsvaledictorian2017

43 minutes ago, Idol Maniac said:

I could be wrong here but I feel like Kenedi might suffer a bit from being too pretty. If you make the house wives jealous they ain't gonna vote for you.

11 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

I could be wrong here but I feel like Kenedi might suffer a bit from being too pretty. If you make the house wives jealous they ain't gonna vote for you.

No, you're not wrong.  Pretty, likeable, talented girl with no sob story.  Kiss of death on Idol.   The housewives are already fanning over over rated Noah Thompson.

Edited by mytake1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

It was kinda funny. Compare him to Leah or that other weirdo girl 🤣

If every auditioner were as hyper as Leah Marlene, the show would be unwatchable. Sure Aaron leaned to the chill side of things, but he seemed appropriately respectful and he had a good audition.

11 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

No, you're not wrong.  Pretty, likeable, talented girl with no sob story.  Kiss of death on Idol.   The housewives are already fanning over over rated Noah Thompson.

Her sob story is the tragic spelling of her name.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1