The finale performances are announced!

blackfield

9 hours ago, xfactor22 said:

She will likely slay 1 or maybe 2  of them, but nobody does well on "I Have Nothing." Also, these songs are so overdone, and rarely produce good results for the singer singing them.

Have you seen her tik tok of 'I Have Nothing' its pretty great. 

10 hours ago, xfactor22 said:

but nobody does well on "I Have Nothing."

Also, these songs are so overdone, and rarely produce good results for the singer singing them.

Both of these statements are factually incorrect.

I Have Nothing is overdone like nobody’s business, but performances of it on Idol tend to be well received. The only contestant who notably did bad on it was Shannon Magrane in S11.

As for the second point, precisely one person out of ten has been eliminated after doing I Have Nothing, which was Shannon. (Unless you count Leah in S3, but she was sent to the wildcard show after it.)

Two people have been eliminated after All By Myself - Jasmine Trias in the top three show (which was an elimination that was going to happen regardless of what songs she sang), and a guy who did it in the semi-finals.

Only one person was eliminated after doing A Natural Woman - a semi-finalist in S8, when 2/3 of the cast was being eliminated anyway.

1 hour ago, KelseyW said:

Murphy is awesome but Casey especially should get a duet. Hunter? Sure him too, but Casey finished in the Top 4. It's tradition! :/ 

Like... They couldn't find any rock artist who could sing with Casey? I smell high levels of BS... 

There’s still five more performances that haven’t been announced. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Elliott said:

There’s still five more performances that haven’t been announced. 

I know. I'm just wondering why the wait... lol Unless they want it to actually be a surprise for once. 🙂

11 hours ago, xfactor22 said:

She will likely slay 1 or maybe 2  of them, but nobody does well on "I Have Nothing." Also, these songs are so overdone, and rarely produce good results for the singer singing them.

Gabby was amazing on I Have Nothing :wub:

2 hours ago, Drew said:

Lindsey! ❤️ I'm so looking forward to this. 

On the finale song choices, I can't help but be a little critical of Grace's. These have been been covered to death on Idol and though I love the songs individually, some of them are too big for her, but moreover being just lazy choices. 

Well she spent the first half of the competition picking more obscure pop choices and the judges kept telling her that she needs to sing the classics. Seems like she's following their advice for the finale

• Like 3

On 5/22/2021 at 3:18 AM, Elliott said:

As for the second point, precisely one person out of ten has been eliminated after doing I Have Nothing, which was Shannon. (Unless you count Leah in S3, but she was sent to the wildcard show after it.)

Shannon wasn't eliminated after singing I Have Nothing, she was eliminated the following week after singing One Sweet Day.

Im kind of confused on how tomorrow's episode is going to work. Grace said they are eliminating 1 person an hour into the show and the Top 2 will still perform after. Im thinking this means we will get the 2 new performances (Hometown/Judges Pick) in the first hour,  and then the Top 2 will do their reprise's (This is how S17 worked, atleast). Anybody have thoughts or theories? 

Edited by m1key
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, m1key said:

Im kind of confused on how tomorrow's episode is going to work. Grace said they are eliminating 1 person an hour into the show and the Top 2 will still perform after. Im thinking this means we will get the 2 new performances (Hometown/Judges Pick) in the first hour,  and then the Top 2 will do their reprise's (This is how S17 worked, atleast). Anybody have thoughts or theories? 

From the official website 

During the 3-hour finale nationwide simulacast on May 23 at 8PM EST/5PM PST, there will be one last vote to determine who will be crowned the next American Idol. Voting will stay open throughout the show and close during the finale's last commerical break. However, one of the Top 3 will be eliminated part way through the show, based on the results up to that point. So be sure to get your votes in early. If your favorite goes homes, don't worry; you can still vote for the Top 2 contestants. 

I do wonder whether this favours Grace and Willie because if one of them gets eliminated the other one left will get their votes.