(S20) Favorite Semifinal IS Performance.

Misirlou

(S20) Favorite Semifinal IS Performance.  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Choose

• Pia Renee - everything i wanted
    • Corey Ward- Iris
    • Dana Monique - Caught Up in the Rapture
    • Jordan Matthew Young - Drift Away
    • Gihanna Zoe - Someone You Loved

11 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I didn’t love the song choice, but I’ll go with Jordan. 

1 minute ago, season1 said:

Jordan, because of the song. 

Polar opposites LOL

Gyth's blind actually has some really nice memories associated with it for me (in general the s16 best blinds compilation, but his is first on there), so the song Drift Away is comforting for me. As such I did enjoy it, but it was also a little weird to me when he deviated from Gyth's version (in terms of lyrics to cut). I'll probably go with Gihanna but I want to relisten before I vote.

• Like 2

not to drag my fav but i’m still perplexed by Dana’s song choice... i acknowledge that TPTB may have had something to do with it, but i’m really sad that she didn’t sing something similar to Nutbush City Limits or Free Your Mind. if it had to be her last performance, i wish she left going all out.

with that, i abstain from voting for any of these performances and hereby cast a write-in vote for (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman by Rose Short... the Queen knew how to get the job DONE!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

not to drag my fav but i’m still perplexed by Dana’s song choice... i acknowledge that TPTB may have had something to do with it, but i’m really sad that she didn’t sing something similar to Nutbush City Limits or Free Your Mind. if it had to be her last performance, i wish she left going all out.

with that, i abstain from voting for any of these performances and hereby cast a write-in vote for (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman by Rose Short... the Queen knew how to get the job DONE!

Yeah... Dana got Zan Fiskum'd in both the T9 and the IS, imo. They should have let her do her thing if Rachel was going to get the PV. I guess they were just too scared that Dana would snatch the PV away from Jordan (or potentially Gihanna since I think they were pushing for her with the final spot).

5 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Even though I love Corey's song choice, I'm going with Gihanna because her vocal was a touch stronger.

Yeah, I was relistening to Corey and he sounds REALLY good at his best in that performance. It's SO intimate and emotional, I hope he records a studio version of it, cause then he can smooth over unwanted vocal imperfections (while potentially keeping some solely for the rawness), 'cause that was the only thing holding me back. His ability to transmit emotion through is singing is incredible.

Finally got around to watching these, and here are my thoughts.

- Gihanna was by far the best, that was beautiful.

- I'd say Corey, Dana, and Jordan are about the same for me. Corey was fantastic in his chest voice but the shaky head voice really set it back. Dana and Jordan were good, just slightly boring.

- Pia didn't deserve that bus.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sydneysam said:

Gihanna winning this poll by a large margin 🥰

Deserved!

18 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Finally got around to watching these, and here are my thoughts.

- Gihanna was by far the best, that was beautiful.

- I'd say Corey, Dana, and Jordan are about the same for me. Corey was fantastic in his chest voice but the shaky head voice really set it back. Dana and Jordan were good, just slightly boring.

- Pia didn't deserve that bus.

Pia chose her own IS song I think