AI Top 4 Song Choices

Milkitaaa

So Billboard just posted exclusive list of their song choices over there.

Winners Single

Casey Bishop – Love Me, Leave Me (produced by Ian Fitchuk)
Chayce Beckham – 23 (written by Chayce Beckham) (produced by Redah & Ross Copperman)
Grace Kinstler – Love Someone (produced by Tricky Stewart)
Willie Spence – Never Be Alone (produced by Tricky Stewart)

Finneas Duets

Casey Bishop & Chayce Beckham w Finneas – Break My Heart Again
Grace Kinstler & Willie Spence w Finneas – What They Say About Us

Personal Idol

Casey Bishop – wish you were gay by Billie Eilish
Chayce Beckham – Colder Weather by Zac Brown Band
Grace Kinstler – A Moment Like This by Kelly Clarkson
Willie Spence – Glory by John Legend and Common

Link to Billboard's article : https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/television/9572388/finneas-mentoring-american-idol-top-four-exclusive/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Credits to MJs Big Blog for their list.

• Like 2

I'm not sure about Billie Elish for Casey. Its not the most showstopping but it could work.

Grace-they're are plenty of actually good Kelly Clarkson songs. She could kill a new song like I dont think about you or if she wanted an older more upbeat tune she could do Walk Away

3 minutes ago, m1key said:

can someone explain why Grace singing "A Moment Like This"  is controversial? lol

Why would you willingly song the song one of the most beloved winners got crowned with? It’s like singing I Believe.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Why would you willingly song the song one of the most beloved winners got crowned with? It’s like singing I Believe.

Lol true. Even though it will most likely be a lackluster performance, I wouldnt be surprised if the casual voters eat it up because shes been compared to Kelly by them in social media comments all season long. 

Grace just did livestream on her IG account, saying she will sing 4 songs this week, one by Kelly Clarkson, one by Finneas, one by Demi Lovato and little bit of her original song. Now I wonder what is that Demi Lovato song? Will it be group song?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aaronjudge said:

Going to be a lot of upset Kelly fans lol that may play to the new viewers but Kelly fans will not be happy she is trying to beat the most beloved winner with her own song lol

I highly doubt most of Kelly's fans even watch Idol.  It's just not that an inspiring of a song choice.  But if Grace has the fan base, they will carry her.

Edited by mytake1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

I highly doubt most of Kelly's fans even watch Idol.  It's just not that an inspiring of a song choice.  But if Grace has the fan base, they will carry her.

Kelly is the reason idol is a success and I’m a huge fan, have been from the day she set foot on the Idol stage. I think Grace should of picked a better Kelly song. Maybe “Breakaway”, “Behind These Hazel Eyes”, “Already Gone”, “Walk Away”, “Stronger”. 

• Like 1

GRACE.

GIRL.

GURL. 

ETA: I listened to Billie's song and I thought it was originally the opposite meaning lol. I've never heard this song--I don't really listen to new music anymore. but it's funny/fun. 

Edited by idol_angst

I always find it odd to sing coronation songs unironically. The songs are so corny and only work in a specific context or moment in time, the winning moment. Someone else choosing to sing one is...a choice. 

12 hours ago, Milkitaaa said:

Grace just did livestream on her IG account, saying she will sing 4 songs this week, one by Kelly Clarkson, one by Finneas, one by Demi Lovato and little bit of her original song. Now I wonder what is that Demi Lovato song? Will it be group song?

I think it's reprise round also

Because Chayce did Chris Stapleton on Showcase Round

Grace with Demi on Showcase Round

45 minutes ago, Shasta357 said:

GRACE. Why. WORST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER. 

I actually like the song choice for her. I know she'll do good with it. Right In her wheelhouse. 

Casey on the other hand... idk how that will go over with idols demographic. She should've done 'Bad Guy'.

Will Willie ever go uptempo?? I know he can do it. His single preidol proved it to me. 

Edited by hazuki

1 hour ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

I think it's reprise round also

Because Chayce did Chris Stapleton on Showcase Round

Grace with Demi on Showcase Round

This doesn't make sense because the Chris Stapleton song that the idolpad has Chayce singing is different from the one he sang in showstopper round. They usually save the reprise performance for the finale. 

I was thinking they might have all the contestants sing an extra song to make up for Caleb not being there. However, other than Grace's live, there has been no word on a 3rd solo round. 

26 minutes ago, hazuki said:

I actually like the song choice for her. I know she'll do good with it. Right In her wheelhouse. 

Casey on the other hand... idk how that will go over with idols demographic. She should've done 'Bad Guy'.

Will Willie ever go uptempo?? I know he can do it. His single preidol proved it to me. 

You don't know how WYWG is gonna go over with the audience, but want her to sing Bad Guy? 🥴 Billie barely sings in that song lol. 

I am really worried about Grace's song choice.  I think she can sing the song but I just hope that she does well enough that she does not upset Kelly fans.  I would love to hear her sing Demi Lovato instead.