AI 19 ● Live Grand Finale ● Discussion

istersay

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wikipedia page for AI19 is sending me. :dead:

Chayce Beckham from Apple Valley, California, won the season on May 23, 2021, while Willie Spence was the runner-up, and Grace Kinstler finished in third place. Beckham became the ninth guy with guitar (GWG) to win in twelve seasons.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Unfortunately, that is new new normal when the Jennifer, Tyler and Keith panel came into play. Or even even when it was Randy, Jennifer and Tyler.

watching michael orland interviews with the idols he keeps saying that this is why he left after season 16 because they stopped judging. even during the fox era they still commented if a performance was bad and randy still noted if they were of key but with this panel there's none at all. 

i don't tune in to see the judges perform. I want to see the contestants. and what happened to those from previous seasons. instead this year they let freaking luke bryan perform instead of season 17 winner who was trying to promote his music. LB doesn't need the show for promotion. Laine needed that spot more. once the finale used to be all about the contestants now it is all about the judges. they used to bring the previous year winner to perform and the moment they had celebrity judges they were thrown aside. 

13 minutes ago, blackfield said:

watching michael orland interviews with the idols he keeps saying that this is why he left after season 16 because they stopped judging. even during the fox era they still commented if a performance was bad and randy still noted if they were of key but with this panel there's none at all. 

i don't tune in to see the judges perform. I want to see the contestants. and what happened to those from previous seasons. instead this year they let freaking luke bryan perform instead of season 17 winner who was trying to promote his music. LB doesn't need the show for promotion. Laine needed that spot more. once the finale used to be all about the contestants now it is all about the judges. they used to bring the previous year winner to perform and the moment they had celebrity judges they were thrown aside. 

You've hit the nail on the head here, unfortunately when it comes to the show caring more about the judges than the contestants. This first became very evident to me when J.lo joined the panel. She's talented as a singer and dancer and she's pretty, filthy rich, etc. I get it. The kids need the platform, not these established artists. 

5 hours ago, Drew said:

You've hit the nail on the head here, unfortunately when it comes to the show caring more about the judges than the contestants. This first became very evident to me when J.lo joined the panel. She's talented as a singer and dancer and she's pretty, filthy rich, etc. I get it. The kids need the platform, not these established artists. 

The show has morphed into The Voice as times goes by. There was no reason for Laine not to perform or for Just Sam to not be invited to the finale.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, blackfield said:

they used to bring the previous year winner to perform and the moment they had celebrity judges they were thrown aside. 

That has to do more with ABC Idol.  When Idol was on FOX they still had alums appear even when the show had celebrity judges.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

23 is back up to #2 on iTunes and that’s only a BTS song is #1. It was able to surpass one BTS song so that’s a victory. The BTS Army is scary. :dead:

Chayce's army is going to be scary, keep streaming. An army needs a good name.

I just realized that during the Top 4 results: the order of who was safe first was also Chayce Beckham, Willie Spence, and Grace Kinstler. Is it just a coincidence that it was the same order for the finale because I feel like some people would say they kind of revealed the order of who got the most votes during the Top 4.

On 5/24/2021 at 7:44 AM, 1234567890 said:

The Wikipedia page for AI19 is sending me. :dead:

Chayce Beckham from Apple Valley, California, won the season on May 23, 2021, while Willie Spence was the runner-up, and Grace Kinstler finished in third place. Beckham became the ninth guy with guitar (GWG) to win in twelve seasons.

I might be miscounting, but Caleb never played guitar. 

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got around to watching the Finale (which I had to DVR as I was out that night😞

- I can't believe that Grace was eliminated in the first hour. :shock: 🙄 :no: :broken: Her two performances were better than all three of Chayce's performances combined.

- It's horse-:censored: that there was ninety minutes of filler in between Grace's elimination and Willie and Chayce's final songs of the competition. TPTB could've shoehorned at least one or two more rounds of competition in there.

- It's bull-:censored: that Willie didn't win. He was head and shoulders above Chayce.

Not Like That No GIF by Practice English with yadada