Who is your favorite coach save at the live playoffs ?

AliXRose

4 hours ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Some of mine

• Zan (obviously) I remember thinking John might save Mandi, and even though I liked Mandi I was sooo relieved lol
  • Allegra (I was expecting it but it was still nice)
  • Toneisha
  • Jackie Verna (maybe unpop but I loved her in the pre taped rounds)
  • Cami (obviously)
  • Tamara
  • And this one will be VERY unpopular and y’all might want to confuse react RIGHT away lol but let me explain myself. Celia Babini. I was ecstatic lol. Maelyn and her were my two faves in the blinds/battles, they were pretty much my snowflakes. That said I was very let down by her cross battle performance and I was fully expecting her to go home, which would’ve been justified. However John stole her and I genuinely couldn’t complain lmao. That said I was hoping she’d redeem herself in the POs and imo she really did, I thought she brought it, so I wasn’t mad about the save. That said, her elimination in the top 13 was fully deserved after “Shallow”. I wouldn’t have minded a Lisa save either tho. I loved Lisa as well.

Adding to my faves the s20 coach saves:

Corey/Gihanna, Ryleigh (with Zania getting PV as she should), Rachel, Anna Grace. They’re so iconic 😙

Oh, I'm not the only one who liked her despite all idf's hate toward her.

Edited by Jyn Mycle
  • Like 1

We need to give more credit to Emily Ann, I mean she placed runner-up after being a CS that was impressive.

I’ll add : Sa’Rayah, even though I liked Kylie and Josh too. She gave one of the top 3 performances of that tragic night and deserved a PV (unpopular, she deserved it more than Wé).

Edited by AliXRose
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, AliXRose said:

I’ll add : Sa’Rayah

The hate that she received when she won against Michael lol (I prefer Michael too based only on that performance, but she obviously didn't deserve the hate, youtube went wild that time iirc). Then, she proved them wrong by slaying her PO performance. Queen. 

Edited by sydneysam
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Some of mine

• Zan (obviously) I remember thinking John might save Mandi, and even though I liked Mandi I was sooo relieved lol
  • Allegra (I was expecting it but it was still nice)
  • Toneisha
  • Jackie Verna (maybe unpop but I loved her in the pre taped rounds)
  • Cami (obviously)
  • Tamara
  • And this one will be VERY unpopular and y’all might want to confuse react RIGHT away lol but let me explain myself. Celia Babini. I was ecstatic lol. Maelyn and her were my two faves in the blinds/battles, they were pretty much my snowflakes. That said I was very let down by her cross battle performance and I was fully expecting her to go home, which would’ve been justified. However John stole her and I genuinely couldn’t complain lmao. That said I was hoping she’d redeem herself in the POs and imo she really did, I thought she brought it, so I wasn’t mad about the save. That said, her elimination in the top 13 was fully deserved after “Shallow”. I wouldn’t have minded a Lisa save either tho. I loved Lisa as well.

Adding to my faves the s20 coach saves:

Corey/Gihanna, Ryleigh (with Zania getting PV as she should), Rachel, Anna Grace. They’re so iconic 😙

I know I'll prob get bashed for this, but this is my theory for why Zan got saved. John posted on his twitter asking for help, specifically requesting people to vote on who they liked the most. Mandi got more votes than Zan. I think John saved Zan because he thought that Mandi would have a higher chance of getting into the WC and winning it, giving him three members in the T9. 

2 hours ago, AliXRose said:

I’ll add : Sa’Rayah, even though I liked Karlie and Josh too. She gave one of the top 3 performances of that tragic night and deserved a PV (unpopular, she deserved it more than Wé).

Oh yeah, I really like Sa'Rayah, sucks she got so much hate everywhere!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I know I'll prob get bashed for this, but this is my theory for why Zan got saved. John posted on his twitter asking for help, specifically requesting people to vote on who they liked the most. Mandi got more votes than Zan. I think John saved Zan because he thought that Mandi would have a higher chance of getting into the WC and winning it, giving him three members in the T9. 

I actually think that's what happened too, he seems to always make strategic choices in regards of the 4-way/WC but he doesn't understand that he can't compete with Blake and Kelly to a lesser extent (Bailey Rae being the exception but that was a weak competition). The man has an ego :stealth:

20 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Mandi was robbed of that Instant Save win. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

No❤️
jkjk LMAO I’m not that petty lol. You could be right, but I think he just saved her because she intrigued him more. Zan also did better in the playoffs too. Honestly John doesn’t really seem to me like the kind to make those kind of strategies a la Blake or Kelly, but there’s no way to know lmao

• Like 1

Just now, TheVoiceFan2 said:

No❤️
jkjk LMAO I’m not that petty lol. You could be right, but I think he just saved her because she intrigued him more. Zan also did better in the playoffs too. Honestly John doesn’t really seem to me like the kind to make those kind of strategies a la Blake or Kelly, but there’s no way to know lmao

I see what you mean lol

In terms of strategy though, I think that's exactly what he was going for in the S17 WC - expecting Khalea to get in and win (but he gambled wrong and Alex won). I think he picked Will b/c will intrigued him more but it was also imo partially strategic (if you saw the look on his face when Khalea was instant elim'd you'd know what i mean lmao)

10 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I see what you mean lol

In terms of strategy though, I think that's exactly what he was going for in the S17 WC - expecting Khalea to get in and win (but he gambled wrong and Alex won). I think he picked Will b/c will intrigued him more but it was also imo partially strategic (if you saw the look on his face when Khalea was instant elim'd you'd know what i mean lmao)

I think his ideal scenario would've been Katie and Will getting the PV and then he saves Khalea but well lmao

43 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I see what you mean lol

I completely forgot about that you’re right!

i was so confused that night lol I thought he adored Khalea. I liked Will too so I wasn’t necessarily “mad” about it but definitely surprised that that’s how John played it.

9 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

i actually thought he liked marybeth but i could be wrong

Yeah but after he saved him he told him something like You actually deserved the PV you had the top 2 performance on my team, so I don't know 👀

• Haha 2

Just now, AliXRose said:

Yeah but after he saved him he told him something like You actually deserved the PV you had the top 2 performance on my team, so I don't know 👀

LMAO maybe John should dethrone Mariah as the ultimate royalty of shade :haha:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Tbh, I was torn between her and Patrique getting Jennifer's save in Season 15 which is why I left her off - all of the others are ones where I didn't see a viable alternative for the save on the team.

Its kinda funny how Jennifer picked Patrique in the KO’s first then picked SandyRedd in the PO’s when both of them had equally deserving performwbces in both rounds

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

Its kinda funny how Jennifer picked Patrique in the KO’s first then picked SandyRedd in the PO’s when both of them had equally deserving performwbces in both rounds

Similar switcharoo happened with Christiana and Terrence!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, QueenCami said:

(if you saw the look on his face when Khalea was instant elim'd you'd know what i mean lmao)

He was devastated when Khalea was eliminated.  I'd never seen him look so crushed.  It was the most obvious disappointment on his face since Beth lost to Rebecca the season before.

• Like 3

I was only a lurker on IDF at the time, but I still remember the satisfaction I got when Gwen saved Myracle, who I badly wanted to move forward, over IDF's it girl, Kyndal. 🤣

John saving Zan was a huge sigh of relief for me.

This doesn't count, because they chose all 3 people in S13 due to pre-taped playoffs, but I was kinda scared Blake wasn't going to let Chloe move forward.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sydneysam said:

The hate that she received when she won against Michael lol (I prefer Michael too based only on that performance, but she obviously didn't deserve the hate, youtube went wild that time iirc). Then, she proved them wrong by slaying her KO performance. Queen. 

Not just her KO but her PO performance as well, she received 4-Chair Standing Ovation

3 hours ago, Rodney said:

He was devastated when Khalea was eliminated.  I'd never seen him look so crushed.  It was the most obvious disappointment on his face since Beth lost to Rebecca the season before.

Even Kelly was surprised bc she was ready to save Rebecca

• Like 3

I don´t remember what IDF thought about Rebecca vs Beth. Did y"all expect Beth would win or were already calling it a victory for Rebecca because of Minivan? I know for sure John was clearly expecting a Beth win.

Edited by Misirlou