Most marketable contestants ever

AliXRose

He’s not as marketable any more, but the very clear and obvious answer is the guy working on a streak of 10 consecutive weeks with the best selling album, who is also slated to headline multiple large music festivals this summer. 

2 hours ago, seak05 said:

He’s not as marketable any more, but the very clear and obvious answer is the guy working on a streak of 10 consecutive weeks with the best selling album, who is also slated to headline multiple large music festivals this summer. 

But would anyone have identified him as marketable based on his time on the Voice? I did like his BA, but nothing else about him stuck out, and being eliminated singling FGL didn’t bode well for a career in country music.

3 hours ago, SNI2 said:

It's really easy to connect TMH to an audience, come on. It would be easier if he was the front in a band, but overall, that guy is pretty much ready for a deal with a heavy metal label. 

I mean... I listen to the genre and it's subgenres quite a lot. There's a lot of Todd Michael Halls out there. Specially in Europe. Blind Guardian, Edguy, Kamelot... Just from the top of my head. 

I know he's easy to connect to an audience, TMH just happened to be the example I used in my post on marketability = knowing your audience + making the connection from artist to audience since I was responding to a post being surprised his name came up as someone who is marketable.

8 hours ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

y’all want to hear my hot take? i almost feel like the whole concept of The Voice (turning a chair based on just vocals; allowing older, more experienced singers to audition) goes against what the music industry is today. like this show places an emphasis on one’s actual vocal ability, whereas a lot of the most successful artists today don’t necessarily have the best vocals. this show often allows older musicians in their 30s and 40s to gain some exposure, while a lot of popular, marketable artists today are much younger and modern. plus, rap and hip hop are the most popular genres right now, and this show has never really had a rapper (aside from Miss Kim Cherry🤭). although it’s disappointing that this show hasn’t produced a mega-star, i feel, given the whole format of the show, that it’s to be expected. 

regarding who is the most marketable, i feel like Lauren Duski should have become a huge country star. she appeals to all types of people, even those who don’t like country, and she’s an amazing singer and seems to be a great songwriter. The Voice should have done more to promote her and help her succeed!

i’m still holding on to hope that Makenzie Thomas will get a recording contract or something soon! she’s killing it on tiktok, has gone viral several times, has been noticed by many celebrities, and works very hard to release music often for her fans. plus, the music she releases is very modern and current. i feel she could be marketable if she were to get signed!

I think that is an excellent point.  👏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maelyn obviously. Also Chloe, Chevel and basically all my favorites. :haha:

Every young contestant could be considered marketable. I'd say the problem is that there's a lot of competition in the industry and most people are really bad at marketing themselves. 

• Haha 1

These are some who I see as having potential. Potential is just that. They have to do something with it. 

Chevel Shepherd 

Kennedy Holmes 

Brynn Cartelli 

Sawyer Fredericks 

Danielle Bradbery - She already has had some success. This was mostly focused on untapped potential, but she could achieve a higher level of success if she ever has the right song. 

I’m sure there are others. I didn’t give this a lot of thought. Someone will break through that none of us would even think of mentioning in a thread like this. 

Age is important. Most of the contestants are unfortunately too old. 

Edited by TeamAudra

On 3/26/2021 at 11:19 AM, FloorWax said:

People that came to mind:

Julian King had a very commercial voice. I could hear his voice on a hit.

On 3/26/2021 at 11:10 AM, katybay said:

MARI

Noah Mac

Julia Cooper 

On 3/26/2021 at 12:02 PM, AngelaKD said:

Maelyn. Matt McAndrew

:yes:

Add: Kennedy, Brynn

Edited by pauwis

4 hours ago, pauwis said:

:yes:

Add: Kennedy, Brynn

Reading this whole thing discussion I was waiting for them to come up!! I mean Brynn easily could be a Bebe Rexha, Zara Larsson, Rita Ora, etc.... a legit pop contender but not a SUPERSTAR. Plus she's a better singer then most of them so..... (AW SNAP, I WENT THERE). Kennedy I can see having a LOT of appeal to a Jordin Sparks if she wished to be pop but if I also think with Summer Walker, Ella Mai, Normani.... young R&B females are having a resurgence right now and I think the Voice really should have rode that wave.

Also still have hope for Caroline Pennel. She had a small but well liked acceptance after the show and I think she could easily thrive in the Clairo vein

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thevoiceswimmer said:

Also still have hope for Caroline Pennel. She had a small but well liked acceptance after the show and I think she could easily thrive in the Clairo vein

her cover of White Stripes “Were Gonna be Friends,” was in the movie Wonder and it made me cry!  Such a sweet movie for anyone who hasn’t seen it.