Most marketable contestants ever

AliXRose

I'd say Mark Isaiah has potential since he is straight out pop. He is young too, so he could easily build a fanbase by putting music out and have a label notice him. Whether he would last I don't know, he could have his 15 minutes of fame like Austin Mahone.

People that came to mind:

Gracee Shrivers, a young conventionally attractive country singer.

Julian King had a very commercial voice. I could hear his voice on a hit.

Probably Christina Grimmie (rip)

• Sad 1

Cassadee and Danielle strike me as the most easily marketable winners (young, female, country or country-adjacent, consistent live vocals, interesting sound but not too out there for the market at the time of their wins) with Christina Grimmie as the most marketable finalist (already had a big platform going into the show, pop-oriented but very versatile vocally within that lane).

Others who could've done well:

• Matthew Schuler (young male singer, may have started out alt-rock but can still crush more classically appealing pop songs, clearly passionate vocalist, widely appealing tone)
  • Craig Wayne Boyd (consistent country vocalist + popular with the Minivan moms during his run on the show, if the label had taken to him he could've been fairly successful)
  • Emily Ann Roberts (similar appeal to Danielle without being identical)
  • Lauren Duski (consistent vocals, appealing tone, conventionally pretty country gal - it's only taken her four years to hit #1 on iTunes but she's got a bigger TikTok following than most of the winners + is generally highly spoken of when it comes to finalists on this show)
  • Mari (unique look, cool sound, decent live vocalist, R&B/pop crossover potential)
  • Kat Hammock (pretty tone + throwback to the 60s/70s style pop voice + indie sensibilities)
  • Thunderstorm Artis (widely appealing tone + consistent vocals + unique blend of folk/jazz/soul in his sound)
  • Julia Cooper (very indie-pop sound with jazzy vibes that are appealing, crazy range, knows who she is as an artist)

9 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

I can also see Todd Michael Hall as marketable. Both todds actually

I hope you’re being sarcastic, lol (and I like both Todds)

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 2

Just now, Daillon said:

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not (and I like both Todds)

One's got a hair-band-classic rock appeal + literally ridiculous range, the other has a lot of heart in his vocals + an appealing tone with a lot of layers - if they were both in their 30s when they auditioned vs. 50 and 41, I'd be inclined to agree, but I think age is working against them (though not as much as if they were pop, as rock and country/country-adjacent musical lanes tend to be more forgiving about age, especially for male vocalists).

6 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

One's got a hair-band-classic rock appeal + literally ridiculous range, the other has a lot of heart in his vocals + an appealing tone with a lot of layers - if they were both in their 30s when they auditioned vs. 50 and 41, I'd be inclined to agree, but I think age is working against them (though not as much as if they were pop, as rock and country/country-adjacent musical lanes tend to be more forgiving about age, especially for male vocalists).

Todd T might not be the least marketable contestant ever, but TMH on the other hand... having a hard time  coming up with someone less marketable than him.

Lmao are you kidding me ? TMH was 50 ? The guy is more energetic than me in my early 20s

Staring Season 15 GIF by The Voice

From season 19 : maybe Bailey Rae for the same reasons as Gracee Shriver + Cami/Julia if they put a lot of hardwork in building a strong tiktok community

• Haha 3

Here is the thing... I don't wanna sound obnoxious, but I think there have been some people on The Voice who are marketable in my musical niches.  Specifically, Todd Michael Hall and Katie Kadan. 

I mean, if they signed Black Pumas and Alabama Shakes, there's a market for what Katie is. Todd Michael Hall could be signed by a label like Nuclear Blast or something else that is metal driven. 

It doesn't mean they would be huge or popular. But there could be a solid niche space for them. 

Edited by SNI2
  • Like 1

y’all want to hear my hot take? i almost feel like the whole concept of The Voice (turning a chair based on just vocals; allowing older, more experienced singers to audition) goes against what the music industry is today. like this show places an emphasis on one’s actual vocal ability, whereas a lot of the most successful artists today don’t necessarily have the best vocals. this show often allows older musicians in their 30s and 40s to gain some exposure, while a lot of popular, marketable artists today are much younger and modern. plus, rap and hip hop are the most popular genres right now, and this show has never really had a rapper (aside from Miss Kim Cherry🤭). although it’s disappointing that this show hasn’t produced a mega-star, i feel, given the whole format of the show, that it’s to be expected. 

regarding who is the most marketable, i feel like Lauren Duski should have become a huge country star. she appeals to all types of people, even those who don’t like country, and she’s an amazing singer and seems to be a great songwriter. The Voice should have done more to promote her and help her succeed!

i’m still holding on to hope that Makenzie Thomas will get a recording contract or something soon! she’s killing it on tiktok, has gone viral several times, has been noticed by many celebrities, and works very hard to release music often for her fans. plus, the music she releases is very modern and current. i feel she could be marketable if she were to get signed!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

i’m still holding on to hope that Makenzie Thomas will get a recording contract or something soon! she’s killing it on tiktok, has gone viral several times, has been noticed by many celebrities, and works very hard to release music often for her fans. plus, the music she releases is very modern and current. i feel she could be marketable if she were to get signed!

Reaction Gif GIF by Brett Eldredge

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SNI2 said:

Here is the thing... I don't wanna sound obnoxious, but I think there have been some people on The Voice who are marketable in my musical niches.  Specifically, Todd Michael Hall and Katie Kadan. 

I mean, if they signed Black Pumas and Alabama Shakes, there's a market for what Katie is. Todd Michael Hall could be signed by a label like Nuclear Blast or something else that is metal driven. 

It doesn't mean they would be huge or popular. But there could be a solid niche space for them. 

I totally agree with this.

When I heard “marketable” I went first to what’s marketable in the mainstream industry. So it was pretty funny to see TMH being one of the first people mentioned :haha: But as you said everyone has their niches.

Just now, Daillon said:

I totally agree with this.

When I heard “marketable” I went first to what’s marketable in the mainstream industry. So it was pretty funny to see TMH being one of the first people mentioned :haha: But as you said everyone has their niches.

Half the battle of marketability is knowing your audience, and TMH’s audience is pretty obvious - the rest just a matter of connecting the artist to the audience. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

Half the battle of marketability is knowing your audience, and TMH’s audience is pretty obvious - the rest just a matter of connecting the artist to the audience. 

It's really easy to connect TMH to an audience, come on. It would be easier if he was the front in a band, but overall, that guy is pretty much ready for a deal with a heavy metal label. 

I mean... I listen to the genre and it's subgenres quite a lot. There's a lot of Todd Michael Halls out there. Specially in Europe. Blind Guardian, Edguy, Kamelot... Just from the top of my head. 

Edited by SNI2