«««Corey Ward Fan Thread»»»

David68

Just now, Teraginn said:

DAMMIT HE AIN'T SAVING IT!

I was hoping to convert all those songs to mp3s for my listening pleasure..... T_____T

I'll just keep that Use Somebody cover happily tucked in my memories 🤠

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

DAMMIT HE AIN'T SAVING IT!

I was hoping to convert all those songs to mp3s for my listening pleasure..... T_____T

Dang, that’s ok though. Hopefully I’ll get to see him perform live one day! 💕

• Thanks 1

Super jealous of y'all who got to catch the live, I tried but Instagram was being a POS for me today 🙃

Also, in regards to Corey hypothetically picking Adam: pre-S15, I would've been okay if not 100% initially thrilled with it since Adam's biggest strength as a coach was song selection and he had a knack for having his contestants make unexpected songs work for them (there's a reason my two all time favorite live performances came from Team Adam, after all); post-S15 though...

run away love and hip hop GIF by VH1

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Super jealous of y'all who got to catch the live, I tried but Instagram was being a POS for me today 🙃

Also, in regards to Corey hypothetically picking Adam: pre-S15, I would've been okay if not 100% initially thrilled with it since Adam's biggest strength as a coach was song selection and he had a knack for having his contestants make unexpected songs work for them (there's a reason my two all time favorite live performances came from Team Adam, after all); post-S15 though...

run away love and hip hop GIF by VH1

Adam would have loved Corey, I think. I can see him doing a Will Champlin-esque direction for Corey.

Out of the other non-S20 coaches, I think Gwen would have also loved Corey.

Not that I didn't love the Corey-Kelly dynamic.... but dammit they had to have Kenzie in the same team as him. :( 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Adam would have loved Corey, I think. I can see him doing a Will Champlin-esque direction for Corey.

Out of the other non-S20 coaches, I think Gwen would have also loved Corey.

Not that I didn't love the Corey-Kelly dynamic.... but dammit they had to have Kenzie in the same team as him. :( 

Adam would've been all over Corey; of the S16 panel, I think Blake's the only one who would've sat out on Corey's audition. In the "Corey with Adam" scenario, a Will-esque run would've been possible and some choices would've been somewhat similar (both guys can do pop-rock and have surprisingly big ranges), but Adam's finale luck was all over the place. Gwen also would've liked Corey (and possibly Alicia too, since she turned for at least one artist Corey's been previously compared to); the only other coach I can say semi-confidently what they would've done is Christina sitting out on Corey, since she's more of a stickler for pitch and technical work than someone like John (who's the most technically-focused of the current panel, but will turn if someone's voice moves him even if he prefers his acts have minimal technique issues).

The only S20 team Corey would've had a shot at the finale via a vote would've been Nick's (John had Victor as his mini-me, and the only way someone was beating Kenzie or Cam for their team's PV is if Whitney Houston herself came back from the dead and was on either of those teams), but even then he would've gone against Dana as the powerhouse rep and Rachel's growth arc appeal. What kills me is that in a S17-ish format, I'm pretty sure Corey could've gotten the second playoffs PV and from there fans could've gotten Corey at least to the Semis middle 3, but it's fine I'm fine everything's fine 🙃 I do think Kelly was the best fit for him of the panel, though, so

• Like 2

OK y'all, the Monday live just finished, and I missed the first part because I just woke up, but here's what I can piece together:

- Already Gone for release on music platforms by August 9!!!!!

- Sneak peek of Swag Bags! They will be sent out starting August, and so far they contain two bracelets, a shirt and a signed pic.

- Cameo requests still on hold until after the two shows Corey's having this week. If you want a Cameo request (especially song requests), DM Corey first so he can prepare ahead of time.

- Corey is planning on starting a Patreon soon!

- Corey had two special guests on his live: his new drummer Jonathan, and his old Voice buddy Pete! Pete's chat with Corey was especially enjoyable since he leaked a recording of Corey practicing his Playoffs song in the hotel! Also, Corey will be on Pete's Artist 2 Artist show soon, so keep an eye out!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 7/23/2021 at 11:09 AM, VintageVoice said:

Adam would've been all over Corey; of the S16 panel, I think Blake's the only one who would've sat out on Corey's audition. In the "Corey with Adam" scenario, a Will-esque run would've been possible and some choices would've been somewhat similar (both guys can do pop-rock and have surprisingly big ranges), but Adam's finale luck was all over the place. Gwen also would've liked Corey (and possibly Alicia too, since she turned for at least one artist Corey's been previously compared to); the only other coach I can say semi-confidently what they would've done is Christina sitting out on Corey, since she's more of a stickler for pitch and technical work than someone like John (who's the most technically-focused of the current panel, but will turn if someone's voice moves him even if he prefers his acts have minimal technique issues).

The only S20 team Corey would've had a shot at the finale via a vote would've been Nick's (John had Victor as his mini-me, and the only way someone was beating Kenzie or Cam for their team's PV is if Whitney Houston herself came back from the dead and was on either of those teams), but even then he would've gone against Dana as the powerhouse rep and Rachel's growth arc appeal. What kills me is that in a S17-ish format, I'm pretty sure Corey could've gotten the second playoffs PV and from there fans could've gotten Corey at least to the Semis middle 3, but it's fine I'm fine everything's fine 🙃 I do think Kelly was the best fit for him of the panel, though, so

Shocked that Nick didn't turn for Corey like wuttt...

Kelly was the best fit for him though, I mean look at his KO and T17 week performances...amazing!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Quick! Watch it before it disappears!!! Corey slaying “Watermelon Sugar.” That note he held out though!!! 🔥 

https://instagram.com/stories/leslie_schleiger/2630433627175077687?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&utm_medium=copy_link

He looks so comfortable up there as a frontman! Kinda makes me wish he went the rock route on the show, but we did get stunning stripped back performances instead, so I don't mind too much.

I just hope he makes rock tunes in the future as well. He definitely has the voice for it.

• Like 2