American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

Megan Joy - "Turn Your Lights Down Low"

I know this is unpopular but I've always enjoyed this one, and I loved her studio version of it - I thought she had some of the better studio recording that year.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

I have no messages from my group.

I mean I haven’t taken the initiative to start the thread but I still have no messages from my group.

A mood!

(says me, also in your group)

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, *Chris said:

I know this is unpopular but I've always enjoyed this one, and I loved her studio version of it - I thought she had some of the better studio recording that year.

Probably the only performance of hers that I actually liked. I thought the rest were trainwrecks.

Wait, I just remembered Rockin’ Robin and the caw caw. That was my favourite.

27 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Oooh love that you said this because while Im not too much of a Megan fan.... I also enjoyed this performance/recording and it's one of my favorites of hers. :haha: 

• Like 1

I still think Megan was ahead of her time on Idol with her tone and quirkyness - I don’t think many of the songs by artists like her were necessarily cleared at the time.

As well, I do not think she was in it to win it at that point. 

26 minutes ago, Elliott said:

@1234567890 is the mod so she should start the group PM.

Don't use that excuse. 😘 Anyone can start the PM group.

9 minutes ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

I thought "Turn Your Lights Down Low" was an interesting song choice, but like on a technical standpoint it really wasn't that good.

This is also true too. :haha: But I still liked that performance for some reason. :haha: 

2 minutes ago, *Chris said:

I still think Megan was ahead of her time on Idol with her tone and quirkyness - I don’t think many of the songs by artists like her were necessarily cleared at the time.

As well, I do not think she was in it to win it at that point. 

I felt this same way regarding Mikalah Gordon. I'm sure others have said the same about her too.