American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

1 hour ago, *Diana said:

Y'all really are doing Jordin so dirty. Nasty.Ā 

By cutting three of her weaker performances in a round when a substantial majority of the remaining performances are being cut? šŸ™„

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Elliott said:

By cutting three of her weaker performances in a round when a substantial majority of the remaining performances are being cut? šŸ™„

"This is My Now" was hardly one of Jordin's weaker performances though (IMO). Although I'm fine with most of her performances that have been cut.

Ā 

But I don't think she was referring to just this round but the (previous) rounds as a whole. I know other contestants have had harsher treatment throughout but I do feel she has had a lack of support/harder treatmentĀ compared to someone like Blake (she has like 5 less performances than him right now).

Ā 

But i also understand we all view things differently and that we all have different favorites we connect to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

"This is My Now" was hardly one of Jordin's weaker performances though (IMO). Although I'm fine with most of her performances that have been cut.

Ā 

But I don't think she was referring to just this round but the rounds as a whole. I know other contestants have had harsher treatment throughout but I do feel she has had a lack of support/harder treatmentĀ compared to someone like Blake (she has like 5 less performances than him right now).

idk, Iā€™ve just always hated that song (as I do with most coronation singles) and donā€™t consider it a Top 20 performance. I blame Slezak turning into a meme for why people tend to remember it fondly because the lyrics are some of the worst Iā€™ve heard. (Not that Jordinā€™s to blame for that, but Blakeā€™s version of it was deservingly cut a while ago.)Ā For me personally, I legitimately preferred every remaining performance from the otherĀ contestants toĀ whatā€™s left of Jordinā€™s, I went with that since itĀ seemed like a fair cut to me.
Ā 

In the previous rounds, I didnā€™t really feel like anyone was really targeting her more than the others. (Though with me not liking her Idol run, itā€™s possible I just wasnā€™t paying close enough attention.)Ā To me, it seemed like Stephanie and Sabrina had the most egregious cuts since I think Sabrinaā€™s shouldā€™ve all made it to this point and Stephanie should have some more representation here.
Ā 

But when you have a season like this where itā€™s clear Melinda is going to (deservingly) have a substantial majority of the final performances locked up and you have 21 rankers each doing a cut, the statistics are that Blake and Jordin - as the two with the most performances remaining - are going to be cut. I donā€™t think itā€™s them being dirty since itā€™sĀ just the way the game isĀ formatted.

9 hours ago, *Chris said:

TBH, Miranda Lambert did more for artists on Team Blake then Blake did for his own artists.Ā 

She just opened a Mexican restaurant in Nashville! šŸ˜ I know where Iā€™m eating once Iā€™m able to visit there again. šŸ˜‹Ā 

• Like 1