American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

18 minutes ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

So you're gonna cut one of those, right?

I considered cutting something else because I knew it would upset people, but decided against it since YNWA was by far my least favorite of everything left. It was so sharp and over-the-top, legit one of those performances that makes my face scrunch up from cringing. If you have your time machine on standby, I'm sure my thoughts were documented on old IDF.

Edit: For the record, my second choice to cut would've been "Woman in Love".

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 1

I watched the next 32 performances of season 19 (why am I having to watch the fodder contestants perform over and over and over again?!) and it hasn't put me in a great mood, so I'm going to be spending the rest of my Sunday with Animal Crossing. Here are some rough top 12 rankings:

Top Tier: Chayce/Willie/Grace - I think all three are pretty fantastic. Willie and Grace are excellent vocalists and Chayce is just so unique, love the texture to his voice. These are the types of contestants Idol should be casting nowadays.

4. Beane - Wtf he actually has a great voice and is really cute as well? Don't tell me that all the gays let him down just to support Hunter instead. So lame.

5. Madison - A bit of a pageant-bot, but she can definitely sing.

6. Ava - She's kind of the Taylor Swift wannabe contestant that seemed to be endless on these shows 6-7 years ago, but I think she's good.

7. Deshawn - He's ok, nobody to get too excited over.

8. Cassandra - She has a cool overall vibe, but those nerves are killing her.

9. Hunter - I really don't get the appeal lmao, he's literally every needy blonde bottom I've ever watched on Xvideos. Has its time & place, sure, but not on American Idol.

10. Casey - Not feeling her either. It's too bad Alanis thought it would be a good idea to shout her way through The Story, because I liked her a lot better.

11. Caleb - His original wasn't terrible.

12. Alyssa - Who was voting for her? She sings from the back of her throat and it's super irritating. Her getting more votes than Beane is gross to even think about. I think she'd be really funny on mute, though. She makes the derpiest faces when singing.

Edited by Weedy_Speedy

1 hour ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

I love the Internet Archive but I've had bad luck trying to read old IDF threads on there.

I think anything from before the 2015 crash brought on by Nick winning is fine (though obviously not everything is archived). It was once they added in that CloudFare cache service that caused all those redirections that the Internet Archive stopped being able to save IDF threads. :haha:

1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

you can borrow my time machine and change your cut to this lol

I know you don't have a time machine because as a Drag Race viewer, the first thing you would've done is go back in time to keep Naomi from eliminating Manila. 😘

3 hours ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

9. Hunter - I really don't get the appeal lmao, he's literally every needy blonde bottom

Gurl that's the appeal

So Excited Reaction GIF by Originals

• Haha 3