American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

Just now, *Wallace said:

Agreed with both of these.  :yes: 

I personally would have preferred Could've Been through and ID reprise to be cut. I could give or take ABMH. I loved that one too but was more passionate about CB. 

But you could have advanced a different Carrie performance though?

nope I know that some feel no need to have a Reprisal in the finals, so thats exactly what needed to advance after losing my favorite Carrie performance.  :haha:

We didn’t think Angels Brought Me Here was that popular :ph34rwave:

I’ve never seen it mentioned whenever people bring up Carrie, and thought the Independence Day reprise would’ve been a more upsetting cut. :closedeyes:

Just now, Elliott said:

I’ve never seen it mentioned whenever people bring up Carrie, and thought the Independence Day reprise would’ve been a more upsetting cut. :closedeyes:

I advanced it to the fourth round and said multiple times it was my favorite Carrie idol performance. 🙂 

2 minutes ago, Solaris said:

I advanced it to the fourth round and said multiple times it was my favorite Carrie idol performance. 🙂 

There are too many rankers in this game for me to keep track of every decision and post. :haha:

But if nobody asks one of us not to cut anything specific, we don’t know what people like and don’t like that we haven’t worked with that round.

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

“Angels Brought Me Here” is one of my favorites and the “Independence Day” reprise is one of my least favorites. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Steven_ said:

“Angels Brought Me Here” is one of my favorites and the “Independence Day” reprise is one of my least favorites. 🤷‍♂️

I can’t speak for Lily, but I at least thought everyone would feel the opposite so that’s why we didn’t cut the reprise. :dead:

• Like 1

This round is  and is gonna be so messy. :dead:  I am terrified LOL.

I get the reaction on the Carrie cuts (and I'm sad on 2 of them too). But I am more concerned about the lack of representation from other contestants and their standout/best performances for this Top 20. I'm hoping we can change that up on the final vote off round for some more balance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Assuming Chris puts through a Carrie performance (which lol duh) and the Carrie performance in round six makes it through (lol duh) she'll have 7 performances in the top 20. That's tied with Kelly for the most yet (and Kelly was on a much weaker season). I just don't think that's justified so it's fair to cut the rest of her performances to make sure the other great contestants of S4 have their fair share of representation :ph34rwave: (I especially hope she doesn't have MORE than Kelly).

• Like 5

Yeah personally while I do love Carrie none of the finale performances are huge standouts to me, and I know there’s a lot of popular performances of hers I wouldn’t be surprised to make the end. So I was on board to cut those two and hoped it could possibly make way for a more well-rounded final 20. 🙈

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Assuming Chris puts through a Carrie performance (which lol duh) and the Carrie performance in round six makes it through (lol duh) she'll have 7 performances in the top 20. That's tied with Kelly for the most yet (and Kelly was on a much weaker season). I just don't think that's justified so it's fair to cut the rest of her performances to make sure the other great contestants of S4 have their fair share of representation :ph34rwave: (I especially hope she doesn't have MORE than Kelly).

Exactly. I don't care about Bo or Vonzell because I know they're gonna get their due. It's people like Nadia/Nikko/Anwar/hell, even Anthony that are gonna lose out because we have to have lesser Carrie performances, apparently. "Angels Brought Me Here" is alright but not good enough for top 20 in my opinion, and this is coming from someone who also has Carrie as their favorite of the season.

Oh well, everyone obviously has the right to make their own choices, and people are gonna bitch about cuts like they have all game. But aside from "You Really Got Meh" a redundant not-as-good reprisal is definitely the least justified top 20 choice so far in my opinion. I'll go back to letting the cards fall as they will now, lmao.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

Exactly. I don't care about Bo or Vonzell because I know they're gonna get their due. It's people like Nadia/Nikko/Anwar/hell, even Anthony that are gonna lose out because we have to have lesser Carrie performances, apparently. "Angels Brought Me Here" is alright but not good enough for top 20 in my opinion, and this is coming from someone who also has Carrie as their favorite of the season.

Agree with you on this part. At least Nadia has 1 in now (and I'd love for her to get at least one more in) but definitely worried for people like Nikko/Anwar/Jessica/Anthony who all have at least 1 performance I'd love to see make the finals. But most of them might get shut out from that chance. :( 

2 minutes ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

#ISaidWhatISaid and Titus can stay pressed lmao.

At least season 1 was bad enough we had room for a meme choice, I'll give you that.

I just prefer to dub it "You Really Guh May" ❤️