Drag Race Rankdown: LSFYL Edition (Current season : Season 12)

*Chris

RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE - SEASON 4

MarvelousDisastrousAcaciarat-small.gif

12. LASHAUWN BEYOND VS. THE PRINCESS - "BAD GIRLS"

YB8d.gif Y26Q.gif

AVERAGE SCORE: 11.00

@Solaris - 8

@JC - 10

@.Rei - 10

@FrogLenzen - 11

@totes4totes - 11

@#jeah - 12

@*Chris - 12

@~*8Kay8*~ - 12

@*Lily - 12

@~Tom~ - 12

@*Wallace - 12

JC

omgod this is so forgettable.

REI

The Princess was better but neither was great.

DEREK

If she had just left her shoes on.... smh that's the first thing she effing did

ANDY

I just rewatched all of the lipsyncs and I already forgot what this one was like

CHRIS

While I found myself enjoying it more than I expected, this lipsync is still one of the less memorable of the season.  And I will give kudos to The Princess because I thought she did a decent job, but again nothing too outstanding. 

KAY

Easily the bottom of this group. The only things I remember about this performance are Lashauwn’s dress and Willams line about “like a web-footed duck”.

WALLY

This was an average lip sync but not too memorable. I do like Lashauwn and was really wanting her to stay but her performance wasn’t anything special or memorable. Neither was The Princess’ but i guess she was better and had some funny moments. Willam’s commentary was funny here.

----------------------------------

11. MADAME LAQUEER VS. MILAN - "TROUBLE"

ba6bdff4eaac4ce6862c6f0177a93447.gif giphy.gif

AVERAGE SCORE: 9.91

@totes4totes - 8

@FrogLenzen - 9

@JC - 9

@*Lily- 9

@*Chris - 10

@~*8Kay8*~ - 10

@~Tom~ - 10

@*Wallace - 10

@#jeah - 11

@Solaris - 11

@.Rei - 12

MEGAN

Honestly, this high for Jiggly's and Willam's commentary. The Pointer Sister line incredible. Not being wig wars. TRUE.

DEREK

Less awkward than Born This Way but still awkward

JC

I love Pink but this was a little messy.

CHRIS

The lipsync started off strong but it quickly became a hot mess where both queens were too desperate to stay in the competition, and this is a PSA to stop taking off your wig if you don't have another wig and stop taking off your clothes unless you are Carmen & Raja.

KAY

This one had some decent moments, but then it just got a little desperate. Honestly, Willam’s line about Milan “swiffering the floor with his taint” is probably what I remember most about this.

WALLY

I love this underrated P!nk song. Milan was…. A LOT. With this being her first battle, I liked how she performed and really gave it her all. Although it’s soo maniac seeing it now. LOL Jiggly’s comments of calling Madame a pointer sister/queen in her performance was hilarious because it was so true.  Madame really was meh and didn’t do much here. And yeah them both taking their wigs off… not really too fond of that.

ANDY

Big NO

SOLARIS

double wig removal?  No buenos 2x

REI

I forgot how much I disliked Milan. Hated it! Madame La Queer won this but just because she was less bad than Milan.

10. ALISHA SUMMERS VS. JIGGLY CALIENTE  - "TOXIC"

F39Z.gif 893267ce9c1f6d552da9279c233cd026.gif

AVERAGE SCORE: 8.73

@.Rei - 5

@JC - 6

@#jeah - 7

@FrogLenzen - 8

@~*8Kay8*~ - 9

@~Tom~ - 9

@Solaris - 9

@totes4totes - 10

@*Chris - 11

@*Lily - 11

@*Wallace - 11

REI

Jiggly was pretty good, Alisha was non-existent.

DEREK

Jiggly is a legend with the jump split

ANDY

I like it, but mainly just because I love this song haha

JC

omgod Jiggly should've gone home for that horrendous outfit but she slayed the lipsync.

KAY

I want to put this higher for Jiggly, but Alisha performed this so lazily I kept putting others above it. Jiggly with a more capable opponent probably would have made top 5 in this group.

CHRIS

Outside of Jiggly turning it up, the lipsync was mediocre; It did not do justice to the song or Britney Spears. #FreeBritney

WALLY

“Toxic” is one of my all-time favorite songs so I was really looking forward to this battle. But ugh this was disappointing an I wanted more. Jiggly was actually really fun with her dancing & performing but omgg her outfit all falling apart was hilarious. But she deceived this win. Alisha was very blah and underwhelming… and just not memorable.

09. JIGGLY CALIENTE VS. WILLAM - "MI VIDA LOCA (MY CRAZY LIFE)'

SelfishRemarkableFrilledlizard-small.gif 6754890_orig.gif 

AVERAGE SCORE: 8.64

@Solaris - 3
@~Tom~ - 6

@*Wallace - 7

@#jeah - 8

@*Chris - 9

@totes4totes - 9

@.Rei - 9

@*Lily - 10

@JC - 11

@~*8Kay8*~ - 11

@FrogLenzen - 12

WALLY

Both Jiggly and Willam did well here, though I don’t know the song so I didn’t know what to expect. I do think Jiggly was fun to watch but i felt she had too much energy and it just wasn’t right for this song. So she seemed out of her comfort zone but was trying her best with it. Willam did perform the song better as a whole and fit in much better in selling the song.

ANDY

It’s aight

KAY

Not a great showing for either of them. Definitely one of the least memorable of this group. Odd song choice, honestly.

CHRIS

I actually forgot that this LSFYL happened but "meh" comes to mind when I think of this LSFYL. I will give kudos to Willam for giving personality but even that was not enough to save this underwhelming of a lipsync. 

REI

I’m probably the biggest Willam fan around here but this lip-sync was very underwhelming.

JC

I cannot stand country lipsyncs because the winner is always the one that the country song caters to more based on looks. Willam looks like she could be a country pop star. Jiggly does not, hence Willam won. Meh.

DEREK

boring boring bad nothing 

Edited by *Chris

• *Chris changed the title to Drag Race Rankdown: LSFYL Edition (Current Round: Season 4 - Ruveal underway)
5 minutes ago, ~*8Kay8*~ said:

Love that a few of us say things about how the commentary on the first couple lip syncs were more entertaining than the lip syncs themselves :haha:

LMAO I love this too. :dead: 

Not doing so bad with these rankings so far. My Bottom 3 showed up already so yayy! I would have preferred "Mi Vida Loca" to be higher but not mad at its placement either.

Off to watch last night's episode now. Hope it wasn't disappointing. :haha: 

RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE - SEASON 4

MarvelousDisastrousAcaciarat-small.gif

08. JIGGLY CALIENTE VS. MILAN - "BORN THIS WAY"
tumblr_m0jt7whHTR1qbzqexo1_500.gif C7eg.gif

AVERAGE SCORE: 8.09

@JC - 1

@.Rei - 4

@~*8Kay8*~ - 7

@*Chris - 8

@*Lily - 8

@*Wallace - 8

@#jeah - 10

@FrogLenzen - 10

@Solaris - 10

@~Tom~ - 11

@totes4totes - 12

JC

this was so good and honestly a toss-up until Milan made the bad choice of taking off her top which is really the only part of this lipsync that drags it down a little and might rob it for the top spot, will have to think about it. But I mean Lady Gaga fieus! And Milan looks like Kelly Rowland which I am obsessed with ❤️ 

REI

Jiggly did great!! Milan was terrible as usual!

KAY

Milan does waaaay too much, but this winds up more towards the middle because of Jiggly’s performance which I love. I also love the moment where Milan’s wig comes off and Phi Phi/Willam look at each other and Dida’s “you were born this way”.

CHRIS

Even with Jiggly performing miles better than Milan, "Born This Way" and Lady Gaga deserves better than this. 

WALLY

Lol at this point of the season I was just so over Milan. Once again, she was just so manaic and too much and not in a good way. Then Milan taking off her wig and dress exposing his chest…. we don’t want to see that here. Milan came off so desperate here. Jiggly was fun with her performing and loved the part where she did the split.  She gave her all and was so fun to watch. So yeah, Jiggly was an easy winner for me.

ANDY

Again, don’t care for Milan’s performance style

DEREK

this is an abomination 

SOLARIS

Wig removal no buenos

07. CHAD MICHAELS VS. LATRICE ROYALE - "NO ONE ELSE ON EARTH"

N_Od65g41H1Pf6TzEDcLxVH6dsJYI0a8TkYgw6-x7iQ.png?width=960&crop=smart&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=6fd72709843646b22c80711cd673c3ab0d4dbb05 tumblr_m287df3uol1qlvwnco1_400.gif?resize=400,275&quality=100

AVERAGE SCORE: 6.64

@Solaris - 4

@#jeah - 5

@*Chris - 5

@FrogLenzen - 5

@*Lily - 5

@totes4totes - 5

@.Rei - 7

@~*8Kay8*~ - 8

@~Tom~ - 8

@*Wallace - 9

@JC - 12

ANDY

Chad turned it out here!

CHRIS

Two strong performer who delivered a good lipsync to an excellent song. Gotta admire Latrice doing her own twist on the song while Chad owned the stage and performed like he wanted it. 

DEREK

dullllllllll but competent

REI

Good enough.

REI

not crazy-memorable, but I really like how effortlessly Chad performs this. Not a very showy lip sync, but I enjoyed it.

WALLY

This was an alright battle, but country lip sync battles aren’t really my favorite. Sorry country stans. Chad did very well with how she performed. She really sold the song and had fun with it. So that was a good and a deserved win. Latrice was really out of her comfort zone, which she admitted to having never performed a country song. She tried her best but easily her weakest lip sync. I was sad to see her go as she was my favorite but Chad deserved the win here.

JC

Again, of course a country song takes out the person in the bottom who looks nothing like a country star. And favors the one who looks much more like a country person aka a white blond. Meh.

06. KENYA MICHAELS VS. MILAN - "VOGUE"

V4SE.gif tumblr_m04mrqzoPV1qgb5p1o1_500.gif

AVERAGE SCORE: 5.91

@FrogLenzen - 2

@~*8Kay8*~ - 3

@JC - 5

@Solaris - 5

@*Wallace - 5

@#jeah - 6

@*Chris - 7

@*Lily - 7

@totes4totes - 7

@~Tom~ - 7

@.Rei - 11

DEREK

Milan with less desperation and with leaving her wig/clothes on is actually a decent lip sync artist and fun to watch

KAY

I don’t know if this is unpopular or not, but I wound up putting this one here because while I prefer some individual performances from others, this one was pretty strong on both sides so I thought it deserved to place near the top. While they both had some missteps in other lip syncs, in this one I felt they both captured it very well and somehow both of them managed to keep the wigs on! The moment where they are back-to-back and both dropped simultaneously is also awesome!

JC

I forgot Kenya lasted this long without bottoming lol. I'm obsessed with Milan's outfit though, Janelle Monae ya slay!

WALLY

I thought this was a pretty good and fun battle. Kenya performed with a lot of attitude and had a lot of fun here, as well as had some great dancing in there. I thought this was definitely Milan’s best battle performance.  She danced well and brought lots of cool tricks. I loved that part where they both went down to the ground  at the same time. I was sad to see Kenya lose this battle, as i did really like her and considered her one of my faves this season. :(  I felt this was a toss up either way.

ANDY

I don’t like Milan’s performance style at all but this was definitely a serve from both of them. Really high energy which suits the song

CHRIS

This LSFYL was better than I remembered - it was probably one of the most neck & neck LSFYL of the season, but I rank it here because I prefer the other LSFYL more.  Overall, Kenya did a good enough job & looked like a superstar while I thought Milan was absolutely nailed this lipsync, on top of her underrated runway look which paid homage to Queen Janelle Monae. 

REI

Mehhhhh!!!

05. CHAD MICHAELS, PHI PHI O'HARA & SHARON NEEDLES - "GLAMAZON"

tumblr_m2si9pIqo71qgb5p1o1_500.gif giphy.gif

AVERAGE SCORE: 5.09

@JC - 2

@*Lily - 3

@*Wallace - 3

@~Tom~ - 4

@~*8Kay8*~ - 5

@*Chris - 6

@FrogLenzen - 6

@totes4totes - 6

@.Rei - 6

@Solaris - 6

@#jeah - 9

JC

The first three way lipsync! I can't stand the spook, it does not go with the song. Ru was on crack choosing Sharon, I guess for diversity but so annoying. Probably the best lipsync of the season though. Ugh I really can't stand putting both Sharon lipsyncs on top though. Hmm.

WALLY

Was this the first time 3 performers did a lip sync against each other? I feel certain it wsa. This was interesting to see 3 different type performers performing the same song with their different energies to it. What’s even funnier is that Phi Phi is the kind of performer i would enjoy watching the most, as she has that pop star diva dancing vibe to her but she’s my least favorite of the three. Sharon has that creepy out of the box spooky vibe to her, which isn’t a style I care for but she was my favorite of the 3. Chad performed well with good dancing and performing. Chad was good here but was the least captivating for me of the three. I loved watching Phi Phi and Sharon here.

KAY

The first three way battle for the crown! I enjoyed this one a lot and thought it was strong for the most part. It also helps that I love this RuPaul song. Biggest critique was that Phi Phi used a lot of her same choreography from the Raining Men lip sync here as well. I thought Chad’s performance here was strongest, but also enjoyed Sharon’s take on the song.

CHRIS

I thought everyone was strong in list lipsync - not generally a fan of the three or four ways lipsync but it was a good final lipsync.

DEREK

I hate finale lip sync trios but at least the song is good

REI

All three did good, but none did amazing.

ANDY

I hate when they lipsync to Ru’s songs (with one or two exceptions) and I hate it when more than two people lipsync, so this is a no from me

4 LSFYL remaining. Only 1 will reign supreme.

Will it be  "It's Raining Men", "I've Got To Use My Imagination", "Natural Woman",  or "This Will Be"?

Edited by *Chris

Aww JC’s #1 and #12 being posted back to back. :haha:

Funny how polarizing "Born This Way" is with a #1 and a #12 in there.

Oooh snap, I thought I ranked “Vogue” higher than I did. :haha: But glad to see many others enjoying that one as I fear I would have been the only one.

Aww wish “Glamazon” was higher but oh well. 

3 of my Top 4 making the Top 4 soo yayy!