Dancing with the Stars Rankdown 4.0 (Winner reveal page 201)

Solaris

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

I want to like react for the Bobby save but want to confuse react the DeMarcus save. 

I mean I probably would have done the same noms as you here as I don’t have many opinions about a lot of these :haha: I like DeMarcus well enough and think overall he’d be one of the ones deserving of a save!

1 minute ago, *Lily said:

I mean I probably would have done the same noms as you here as I don’t have many opinions about a lot of these :haha: I like DeMarcus well enough and think overall he’d be one of the ones deserving of a save!

I posted that comment before I realized 7 of the people I nominated had to be saved. :dead:

• Haha 1

Bobby Bones

dwts11.jpg

I questioned whether to actually cut Bobby because I’m sure he’d be good as gone this round anyway and also I’m not sure I can give him the scathing writeup that others may be able to. But I will do my best!

Season 27 was just a dumpster fire. After the athletes season it was becoming apparent that maybe the one season a year would be the best option. After Season 27, it was clear that’d be the case, because I was the closest I’ve been to wanting this show cancelled, lmao. The cast was just kind of a mess - a few good names mixed in with some random picks or just controversial celebs. Had Tinashe not been in this cast I’m honestly not sure how hyped I would have been for this season but the likelihood is very little.

From the beginning, Bobby is setting up his story. He has no experience, he’s from a small town, he’s the underdog etc etc, whatever. Truthfully after his first dance with Sharna I didn’t hate it, just because I thought, ok his enthusiasm will probably get him a few weeks down the line but he’s no threat..wrong! I was over Bobby by the second week just from when he broke out into a floss at the end of the routine. I know Sharna’s not the most popular but you could tell she was kinda mad at that point and it was a big mood! Also all of Bobby’s tweeting and interviewing started here, calling out people with ‘experience’ or the better dancers (usually it happened to mostly be DeMarcus and Tinashe..hmm). 

Bobby carries on doing the most, outlasting better dancers such as Tinashe, DeMarcus and Juan Pablo, getting endorsements from the entirety of Nashville and Lindsey Stirling, and somehow makes it to the finale. Joe leaves in the semifinals and so he is the only weak link in an otherwise strong group. I think the hope really was that he was the Drew Scott/Bill Engvall of the group, who would bow out early on and leave us with a strong finish..wrong again.

The rest, as we know, is history. The judges hype up Bobby in the final, giving him a PERFECT SCORE for his Freestyle, and when it comes to the final results, he wins. The reactions are the best thing to come out of the season. Tom in particular looks aghast and I feel like this is the moment he was done with the show, this and the casting of Spicer was a rough 1-2 punch. Bobby takes this moment to continue to gloat and act like a child on social media, and Sharna gets her mirrorball, but at what cost. Looking back, I guess it’s not as big a surprise, the season was not great, viewing figures were low, it gave him the chance to sweep in with his fanbase and take the votes. And if anything, it taught me to gain respect for Donny Osmond.

Anyway, easy cut obviously, glad to get him out.

Saving DeMarcus Ware

Diana Nyad

2014-04-03-431410-thumb.jpg

I feel like I have been doing nothing but cutting the first boots, s might as well continue that trend. :lmao: Diana Nyad is a Long-distance swimmer, author and motivational speaker, who competed on Dancing with the Stars Season 18 and was partnered with Henry Byalikov. Diana & Henry were the first couple eliminated this season. With that Diana’s run was verify short on the show as she danced a Foxtrot to “Beyond the Sea,” which scored an 18 - ooo that was higher than I remembered as i thought she had some 5s in there. This was an okay dance - she was a little stiff and seemed unsure at times but she did give it her best. Then the following week, Diana was swiftly eliminated when they were revealing Week 2 results of saving some couples, putting some couples in jeopardy but with Diana - they eliminated her right on the spot, which was one of the harshest things I’ve seen the show do. :/ No one deserved to be eliminated like that so I am glad the show never did an elimination like that again. That was so messed up but Diana handled it with grace and class. At least Diana was able to dance her Cha-Cha to “Move Your Feet,” even though that was very stiff and not good. Also so sad and such a shame this was Henry’s only season as a Pro, as I would have loved seeing more of his choreography, teaching with more natural dancers. :( Her Foxtrot was her best dance, imo - so i will link that below.

Saving: Kellie Pickler

bb3f6be44a8ec8a30908ebec464273d8.gif

Billy Dee Williams

VOTD: Billy Dee Williams Graces 'Dancing With The Stars' With 'Star Wars'  Dance – /Film

Billy Dee Williams is an actor who is of course best known for his role as Lando Calrissian in Star Wars Episodes V and VI. Fun fact, he played Harvey Dent in the movie Batman in 1989 with Michael Keaton. However, when it came time for Harvey Dent to become the villian Two-Face in Batman Forever in 1995, Tommy Lee Jones played the character instead (and Val Kilmer took over as Batman). Anyway, since Disney owns Star Wars now, BDW got to enjoy some extra production value and actually make direct references to the franchise during his dances or whatever. His first dance was to the Star Wars theme song of course. He was paired with Emma in Season 18 and was her second partner as a pro on the show. He only ever scored 5s while on the show, and only performed two dances. He had to withdraw before dancing his third dance due to an injury. It's never good to see a contestant leave due to an injury. But based on his dancing ability and general mobility, it was unlikely he would have lasted much longer on the show anyway. He placed 10th out of 12.

Save Amy

39 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Thank goodness I didn't miss the chance to save her though.

Despite my shade in the past, I wasn't wanting to see her cut so I'm glad you saved her. My last slot came down to her and Alexis Rem, and I decided to save Alexis since that overdramatic I THINK I HAVE FEELINGS FOR YOU video package lives rent free in my mind. :haha:  And I was already nominating like a third of the people left from that season anyway.

3 hours ago, *Lily said:

Also I think Bobby tried to drag DeMarcus a few times in interviews when talking about the better dancers so justice for him I suppose

Ooh I kinda remember this too, but I only remember it once from earlier in the season? 

55 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Cut Billy Dee

Save Amy

#bless the Amy save. ❤️ 

19 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

giphy.gif

:haha:  :hug: 

16 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Despite my shade in the past, I wasn't wanting to see her cut so I'm glad you saved her. My last slot came down to her and Alexis Rem, and I decided to save Alexis since that overdramatic I THINK I HAVE FEELINGS FOR YOU video package lives rent free in my mind. :haha:  And I was already nominating like a third of the people left from that season anyway.

Aww yay this is good to hear. :hug: I was pleasantly surprised but happy to see Alexis not there as I was thinking she would have got nom'd. I know you didn't have many options so Im happy only one was nom'd. LOL that intro video you're referring to. :dead: 

15 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Shawn Johnson is pregnant with her 2nd child. ❤️ 

Awww congrats to Shawn! ❤️ 

13 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Didn’t she just have her first one?

Just a little over a year ago now. Believe she had her first baby in late October/early November 2019.