Dancing with the Stars Rankdown 4.0 (Winner reveal page 201)

Solaris

12 minutes ago, Solaris said:

cutting Nikki?  rude.  She almost escaped this bloodbath :P 

Nikki and Nick spent a podcast mocking a deaf contestant on the Bachelorette and saying awful shit so they can go.

Edited by *Diana

12 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I know Diana hates Kelly O. a lot, so I'm debating whether I dare to Google her or if I should just ostrich it and save her...

200.gif

While guest co-hosting "The View" on Tuesday, Kelly Osbourne made a questionable comment on Latinos that has a lot of people talking.

In an effort to respond to Donald Trump's controversial stance on immigration, Osbourne said: "If you kick every Latino out of this country, then who is going to be cleaning your toilet, Donald Trump?" She continued, "In the sense that...you know what I mean? But I'm saying that in L.A., they always..."

F*ck her. 

Edited by *Diana

The only controversy I can think of regarding Kelly O is when she made that comment on The View which is truly one of the cringiest things I've seen in all of television. I understand her initial intent wasn't the way it came across but omg the wording of it and her facial expression when she said it...I wanted the ground to swallow ME up yet alone her:dead:

Edited by *Lily

Mary Wilson

9a53d80b-9c51-4d3a-8124-02af34786b61-Mar

Oh dear, I wasn’t expecting to cause some ~minor drama but I do like all of the remaining noms. I’m not outraged or anything at all of them being nominated. lol and none of them are anything like all-time faves of mine either. But I just decided on my thoughts of them on the show…. and yeah apologies to people here. :blushingwave:

Mary Wilson is an R&B singer, known for being in legendary group, The Supremes. Mary competed on Dancing with the Stars Season 28 and was partnered with Brandon Armstrong (gross at me cutting a Brandon partner but this should be the only time i do that). They were the first couple eliminated that season. Mary only danced two dances on herd tie on  the show which were a Foxtrot to “Baby Love” scoring a 17 and a Cha-Cha to “Think” scoring a 15. I thought her Foxtrot was quite good and decent. She moved well and had some elegance here. Sadly her Cha-Cha was kind of a mess where she seemed to forget some steps and the technique wasn’t good. :( It was a shame she was eliminated by the judges against Ray Lewis that first week. While Mary wasn’t that great of a dancer, she was still enjoyable and such a joy to watch. And omggg she had such a hilarious and flirtatious partnership with Brandon, which was sooo hilarious. :dead: She was my 9th favorite this season - and she outlasted my Bottom 3 (in alphabetical order) of Lamar, Ray and Sean…. so my minor goal there is accomplished and that makes me at peace letting her go now.

I will post both of Mary’s dances and a fun post-elimination interview and dance from her below… for you all to enjoy!

15 minutes ago, *Lily said:

The only controversy I can think of regarding Kelly O is when she made that comment on The View which is truly one of the cringiest things I've seen in all of television. I understand her initial intent wasn't the way it came across but omg the wording of it and her facial expression when she said it...I wanted the ground to swallow ME up yet alone her:dead:

How has Meghan McCain not done DWTS yet.

ad5e08ceaa332b585ec54f9b7b721fe443-view-

• Haha 1

Nikki Glaser

8e0a5e503d455c5525e79c2e9603821b.jpg

Again, I do also like Nikki Glaser but i like all of the nominees to an extent so I am just cutting Nikki as she didn’t last very long and I enjoyed the others a bit more.

Nikki Glaser is a comedian, who competed on Dancing with the Stars Season 27 and was partnered with Gleb Savchenko. Nikki & Gleb were also the first couple eliminated. Nikki danced two dances on the show…. which ended up both being Salsas. She danced a Salsa to “Yes” scoring a 17 on the performance show and another Salsa to “Three Wishes” on the results show (where they Bottom 5 had to dance again) scoring an 18. Both dances were meh/mediocre and I remember Gleb doing a lot of overdancing in them. I was bummed to see Nikki go the first week because I found her hilarious and really fun and would have rather see her progress than a number of others, even though she wasn’t really much of a good dancer. I do wish we could have seen her dance another style, namely something in ballroom - to see if she would have fared better there.

I have seen her on other shows/things outside of the show and find her hilarious there.  She does some narration on Blind Date, which I watch from time to time if there’s nothing on and she’s hilarious there too. I remember she spoke about having some…… hook up thing with a male contestant on S27 days? I think speculation led it to be Bobby Bones, but do we know if that was confirmed or not? Oh…. wait, I see she did say it was Bobby. I don't remember the details but okay then. Do you girl. But yeah sorry to the Nikki fans for this cut.

I will link her second Salsa as I remember liking that dance more.

Saving: Jerry Rice (I actually would have saved a few others over him but I missed out  and they got cut, so oops. :dead: )

11 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

How has Meghan McCain not done DWTS yet.

ad5e08ceaa332b585ec54f9b7b721fe443-view-

8 minutes ago, Elliott said:

tumblr_otapmhM8JS1rosb88o1_1280.gif

6 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Please everything about her ass screams "future DWTS 5th placer"

LOL When Meghan gets her eventual casting on the show, we're blaming Alex. :dead: 🙈

Dorothy Hamill

Dancing With the Stars Backstage: Dorothy Hamill on Her Decision to Leave  the Show—and Her Pick to Win It All! - E! Online - CA

Dorothy Hamill is a massive name in the figure skating world. She has more name recognition in America than most Olympians, I think. She won gold in ladies singles figure skating in 1976 Winter Olympics in Austria. Of course, 1976 was a long ass time ago, so when she participated in DWTS in Season 16 in 2013, she was obviously not at her physical peak. She was paired with fan favorite Tristan MacManus, and we honestly should do a rankdown of the most shafted DWTS pros because this guy could not catch a break lol. In week 1 she danced a contemporary and got straight 7s, but I kind of remember disliking it because ballroom pros are generally terrible at choreographing contemporary routines and the style doesn't belong on the show oop. Week 2 she majorly dipped with a jive and got straight 5s. Unfortunately, after that Dorothy had to withdraw from the competition because of a severe back injury. She placed 12th out of 12. Disappointing run for all involved, I'm sure.

Nelly

Nelly cha-chas through second week of 'Dancing With the Stars' in custom  Jordan dance kicks | The Blender | stltoday.com

Recency bias and the goddess that is Daniella almost saved Nelly here, but David got runner-up and had a slightly better average score. They were both massively overscored so that probably doesn't mean much lol. Anyway, Nelly is a famous rapper. He was on the most recent season of DWTS, Season 29, and paired with newcomer Daniella for her first time as pro. She did amazing. She was giving me full Peta Season 14 with how EXTRA and committed she was in all the routines. I almost didn't mind seeing Nelly get through each week because Daniella was pretty exciting. But Nelly was overscored a lot over the weeks. And his thing with the sneakers... it was, like, almost endearing how he had to wear sneakers but mostly cringy. Wearing proper shoes isn't going to kill your brand or ruin your cred or make you.... gay! But when he donated the shoes or whatever he did at the end of it I was like "awww okay fine." Remember that time he got a perfect score? lmao just check out the DWTS live thread for everyone's commentary about that. Oh snap, I guess he got two perfect scores. I thought his journey was fine to watch and he did improve, but 4th place would have been suuuper great for him. Not really a big deal since the top 2 in Season 29 were pretty much locked from the start. 

Save David Ross

Kelly Osbourne

107806.jpg

You're welcome, @*Diana. As Diana, pointed out Kelly has found herself embroiled in a controversy of her own after her comments about Latinos:

While guest co-hosting "The View" on Tuesday, Kelly Osbourne made a questionable comment on Latinos that has a lot of people talking.

In an effort to respond to Donald Trump's controversial stance on immigration, Osbourne said: "If you kick every Latino out of this country, then who is going to be cleaning your toilet, Donald Trump?" She continued, "In the sense that...you know what I mean? But I'm saying that in L.A., they always..."

Yeah, that comment is awful and unsurprisingly led to backlash on twitter. Kelly said she "didn't mean it like that" but she really couldn't think of anything else that would be better to say than that?

As for her time on DWTS, she wasn't awful but she certainly wasn't great and definitely wasn't deserving of a spot in the finale over better dancers in Joanna Krupa, Aaron Carter, and Natalie Coughlin. Honestly, I think she peaked week one with her "Trouble" Viennese Waltz. A very pretty dance and definitely the highlight of her run on the show. The rest of the season, she was rather underwhelming and delivered many "meh" performances, once in a while turning in one that was good. Naturally, the judges scored some of her dances higher than they deserved. I remember her Jive being painfully slow and scoring a 26. A very generous score. I remember her designing ridiculous fringe pants for poor Louis when the celebs were given control over costumes one week. She never scored a 30 and her highest score (also the only time she scored a 10) was a 28 for the Team Tango dance, which I credit the great choreography more than anything Kelly herself did. A finalist never scoring a 30 is unheard of these days. Anyway, Kelly was very "meh" for most of her run. Louis' only two great partners are Monique Coleman in season 3 and Sabrina Bryan in all-stars. I just don't really care enough about Kelly to keep her around and Diana obviously wants her gone, so here we are.

Ingo Rademacher

Ingo-Rademacher-DWTS-Perforance-Video.jp

I went back and forth on Ingo and Drew because I don't care either way, but Ingo is extremely forgettable and boring. I literally do not remember anything he did on season 16 whereas I remember Drew having like one good week when he was paired with Witney for switch-up week, so Drew gets to stay. Ingo is a soap opera star who was paired with Kym Johnson on season 16. He made it all the way to 5th place by being forgettable and medicore because the entire season 16 cast sucks outside of the Top 4 who are all actually good dancers. Ingo very much fell into the "meh" category and faded into the woodwork because he didn't really do anything memorable. His highest score was a 27 for his Charleston and his lowest was a 20 for both his Contemporary and Quickstep. I could not tell you what any of those dances look like and I do not feel like rewatching any of them. In 9 weeks, all of his dances scored between 20 and 27. Actually, the Charleston is the only dance he scored above a 24 for. The rest of his dances fell in the 20-24 points range. The very definition of being an okay dancer. He was an obvious boot at the time of his elimination because the other 4 were much better than him. America actually got something right by sending him home that week. And now his time in the rankdown has ended and I doubt he'll be missed.

SAVING: Drew Carey

Just now, *Amanda said:

I literally do not remember anything he did on season 16 ... He made it all the way to 5th place by being forgettable and medicore

This was the journey I went on when researching him too looooooool. I was like "I'm leaving this mess for Amanda"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FrogLenzen said:

This was the journey I went on when researching him too looooooool. I was like "I'm leaving this mess for Amanda"

Yeah, I was like "How do I make this write-up 100 words with him being so forgettable?" :dead: