Dancing with the Stars Rankdown 4.0 (Winner reveal page 201)

Solaris

Alek Skarlatos

1600x900-Q90_1a0917a55a474ab111cc5b2817be427a.jpg

Alek Skarlatos is a former US Army National Guard soldier, who was cast on DWTS literally days after he became headline news for stopping a train attack in Paris, in 2015. No matter how much gushing the judges and the viewers could do to bring him all the way to the finals, it was not a deserved spot! Alek was an entirely forgettable dancer who was... fine, but not finalist standards. I really have a dislike for Season 21 in general, it's just a mess of a season - casting notorious racist Paula Deen? The problematic Nick Carter? (who I'm not sure was problematic at the time but this won't erase him from DWTS' memory!). The audacity to boot out icon Chaka Khan first (ignoring the fact that both of her dances were a hot mess?). Giving Tamar such a 'villain' edit that when she got really sick and had to withdraw, there were people still giving her s**t for 'robbing' other contestants? And the biggest crime of all... Iconic Dances Week? Etc. etc. etc.

Anyway back to Alek I guess lol. I just feel like it says it all about the season that someone so bland and mediocre was able to make it to the final 3 on 'hero votes' alone, I just feel like this wasn't a very popular cast to the viewers. Overall I remember very little about his dances, although I do remember them giving him an "America the Beautiful" Waltz in the semi-finals and thinking they may as well just give him the mirrorball now, lol. Thankfully that didn't happen and say what you want about the top 2 but at least they were better dancers. But all in all just one of the most boring finalists we've ever had probably.

Oh and he also ran for political office, because sure I guess, as a Republican to the surprise of no-one. I just looked in his Twitter likes out of curiosity and the most recent ones are all very anti-mask, pro-Trump, etc. etc., once again literally no surprise here but goodbye!

Jack Wagner

1333505211_jack-wagner-article.jpg?quali

I toyed with both options on this one because Jack and Gavin were both forgettable early boots in Season 14 and I was fine cutting either of them. However Jack had the shorter run and so he's a safer cut for me for now. (Sorry Anna, I'm jumping on the Anna T. stan train and agreeing that she deserved better!).

Jack is best known for starring in numerous soap operas as well as having a short-lived music career in the 80s, apparently. His journey on the show started pretty strong, scoring a 23 for his first dance, the Foxtrot. Worth noting this was the season when the judges randomly just decided to be nice to literally everyone in the first week, the lowest score of the night being a 20 (which, for comparison, was the score that the most recent season's top 2 scored for their first dances). Although I did just rewatch it and honestly, a nice enough job! He then kinda slipped in the middle of the scoreboard the next week, finishing on a Samba which he dedicated to his long-last daughter (which he danced to one of his own songs, which I can confidently say was the first and only ever time we'll hear a Jack Wagner song on DWTS). However, following this he became the second eliminated star of the season. I remember thinking he was someone who could go further perhaps with the 80s/soap opera vote behind him, but this felt like more of a stacked season so he never really stood out against the heavy hitters and also the bigger names.

Saving Gavin DeGraw

27 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Me: I'm not gonna be the one to start pettiness in this game, I like a lot of people in these fan wars!

*Heather Morris: literally tweets anything*
Me: So HeMo or Tinashe, who've y'all got?

:dead: 

Ooh wow I had no idea Alek ran for poltical office? I thought he was still too young to do so..... but interesting, lol.

12 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Ooh wow I had no idea Alek ran for poltical office? I thought he was still too young to do so..... but interesting, lol.

You can run for any office once you're 18. You just have to 35 to run for president/VP.

• Thanks 1

Floyd Mayweather Jr

Rocco DiSpirito

Ty Murray

Debi Mazar

Michael Irvin

Chad Ochocinco

Michael “The Situation” Sorrentino

Chaz Bono

Hope Solo

Bill Nye

Valerie Harper

Sean Avery

Kim Zolciak-Biermann

Erika Jayne

Debbie Gibson

Danelle Umstead

Joe Amabile

Karamo Brown

Ryan Lochte

Suzanne Somers

Leeza Gibbons

official_size__47069.1559845474.JPG?c=2

Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

Floyd Mayweather, Jr. was a contestant on Season 5 of Dancing with the Stars and he was paired with Karina Smirnoff. He was not very good but he wasn't the worst and was eliminated in week 5 placing 9th. 

But nobody cares that Floyd Mayweather did DWTS. In fact I'm sure if you asked people about it they would be surprised. In fact if you ask people about Floyd Mayweather they will respond they know he's a boxer and a pretty substantial subset will know he's a boxer who beats women. According to Wikipedia between 2002 and 2011 Floyd Mayweather has five separate instances of domestic assault and just ordinary assault allegations and convictions. That's startling. 

But like I mentioned with Antonio Brown. There's no photos or video evidence. And he's good at a violent sport. We allow this to happen because we expect it to happen. Nobody is shocked when a man who plays a violent sport for a living beats the shit out of his partners, especially if his partners are black women. As long as he entertains us and makes us money it's fine. Floyd Mayweather is scheduled for an exhibition match against one of the Youtuber Paul brothers in February because this man and this sport doesn't care about reputation. It cares about money.

ustv-dancing-with-the-stars-season-20-su

Suzanne Somers

Suzanne Somers, former Three's Company and Step by Step star, was on the 20th season of Dancing with the Stars and she was partnered with Tony Dovolani. Poor Tony. He got his Mirrorball and then was relegated to exclusively the 60+ female contestants. Suzanne was perfectly fine and was on the bad end of mediocre. Again never finishing as the worst of the week but leaving in the 5th week was probably fitting for her. You can argue that maybe she deserved to stay a week longer and swap places with Patti Labelle but it's not that big a deal.

BUT more pressing. She peddles snake oil treatments to serious diseases like cancer and went on record to say that the Sandy Hook shooter went on his shooting spree due to the level of toxins in his diet. That's pretty inexcusable. 

Saving: Karamo Brown

CHAZ BONO

Df7zMJ0.png

Wow my page accideny refreshed and deleted all 200 words I had written about why I am cutting Chaz Bono so now I am annoyed. Let start over. First of all, sorry to Lacey for eliminating 2 of her partners from this rankdown, everyone knows she is my ride or die SYTYCD/DWTS pro but even the best of the best can't make certian people dance so I am going to have to cut Chaz here because he has been saved a few times already which makes it a pretty easy target to cut because people would probably keep targeting him myself included because he wasn't a good dancer and has a lot of offense quotes outside of the show that make it easy to not want him around this game anymore. Now it is important to note that this was the first time an openly transgender man starred on a major network television show which should be celebrated but his actual dancing was so bad that he didn't end up winning the show.

16 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

went on record to say that the Sandy Hook shooter went on his shooting spree due to the level of toxins in his diet.

Wow I didn’t know this and just nominated her as fodder. But now glad I did!

Erika Jayne

hwKpbVX.jpg

Before a few months ago I probably would have saved her for her iconic calling out of the judges and their sexist views. At the time I was like YASSSS Girl! come though because these judges defintily deserve to be dragged any chance you get. For some reason I thought she was one of the first cut her season but quick wikipedia check reminds me she lasted 5 weeks that week which is a shock to me. She danced the following Salsa, Foxtrot, Jive, Cha Cha and Viennese Waltz. Shockingly enough, the week she was eliminated she danced her Viennese Waltz which gave her highest scores of the competition but not enough to save her from being eliminated. Lately this woman has been in a lot of the news for all the wrong reasons. If you don't know people look it up. It is the sole reason I am cutting her because I wanted to puke when I read the details of the lawsuit against her and her now ex husband. I have no respect for her or disregard to so many innocent victims or surrounding herself with the people she does so this cut is because of her trash behavior. and before people come me for my save, every single person on that list is garbage (good work Lily) so I might as well save the one who danced well enough. Bye bye Erika.

Saving: Hope Solo

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Agreed on everything there @*Diana. Sad to have to nom Erika this early because I loved her and her attitude on the show but everything I see on the recent lawsuit news just leaves a bad taste in my mouth and disappoints me so much. :/ 

Ooh wow I was so beyond surprised seeing you nominate Erika so soon and her being cut. 😮 I actually didn't see her even nominated. :haha:  Gah I knew of stuff of her and her husband's divorce but....  then i lost track and don't know all of the details from it. So eek, I'd probably rather not know atm haha.