Dancing with the Stars Rankdown 4.0 (Winner reveal page 201)

Solaris

15. Tamar Braxton

Season 21 - 4th Place

Partner: Val Chmerkovskiy

Tamar Braxton Furious Over Dancing With The Stars Editing: Rants On Social  Media About DWTS – Val Chmerkovskiy Backs Her Up | Celeb Dirty Laundry

Average: 11.67

RANKINGS:

Lily - 5/16

Alex - 6//16

Wallace - 9//16

Megan - 11/16

Elliott - 13/16

Derek - 15//16

Diana - 15/16

Public - 15/16

Amanda - 16/16

LILY

5. Tamar Braxton
Super excited that after four rankdowns, I can rank this next person in at my #5 - Tamar Braxton! Probably my main goal of this rankdown was to get Tamar into the final vote, and I thought it was going to be a really hard job since she has never got so far in the past. But as we got closer to the end I noticed she was managing to get by, so at this point I was really determined. So a big thank you to Alex for hearing my pleas to give her immunity in the end!

I've long-discussed my love for Tamar in the past, so this will be no surprise really. I've been a fan of hers ever since some of her early music, work on Braxton Family Values and later music releases. It was really exciting to get to see her compete on the show and I really had no idea what to expect, but I really thought she killed it and I loved her journey so much! From the start of the season she was one of the strongest dancers I thought, and had a lot of great performances. Overall my favorites would include her Cha-Cha, Rumba, Tango, Quickstep and Jazz.

On top of all this, Tamar is just obviously such a compelling person to watch and one of the people who just made this season. I know editing was a little shady but the package where Tamar says to dramatic music that she is the best dancer in the competition? Iconic. People looked for more reason to drag her for it but honestly, let's just not shame confident black women! It was really devastating to see Tamar have to drop out of the competition. I hated the discourse which came around it, a lot of people saying she should have dropped out before Alexa got elim'd etc.. She's just a hard-working person who got overworked and gave it her all to the end. Her time on the show was brilliant to watch, and I'm so happy she has made it here. Well done, m'lady!

ALEX

Tamar Braxton

One of my favorite journeys in DWTS history. When Lily first brought up saving Tamar I honestly have no clue why I was slightly resistant at first. Tamar's resilience on S21 is beautiful. She fought racism, sickness, the producers, the judges, everyone. And she still made it to the semi-finals without getting voted out! That's a queen! Rewatching all her dances and packages was incredibly frustrating because she did so much better. And while it's such a shame how she went out, it also made me cry a little bit lol. She went out on a high note. Tamar walking out of the hospital and onto the stage seconds later is amazing and one of the most brave things I have ever seen on the show.

Dare I say, Tamar is my favorite partner of Val's (even though I ranked two higher than her lol, but that's for different reasons). I don't think Val had ever had someone as headstrong as him. Enter Tamar Braxton. I can't picture Tamar having been nearly as successful with any other partner. I think Val was able to handle Tamar's OTT personality better than anyone else. I also think Val was loved enough by the audience to help Tamar build a fanbase since the racist ass audience obviously would've hated her otherwise. I love how Tamar would argue with Val about his ridiculous ass concepts . Tamar was not gonna play some weak woman who gets cheated on and walked all over in a dance lol. They had a fun brother/sister dynamic there. But they also clearly loved each other and would fight for each other. Tamar put up with so much ridiculousness and I love that Val had her back. He told off the judges, he told off their producers for their biased packages to give Tamar a bad/cocky edit. He didn't take it lying down, he had his girl's back and I will always be a Val stan for how he was as a partner to Tamar. And let's just be grateful we didn't have a Tamar and Louis partnership all season  (though I looooooove and miss the trainwreck switchup weeks because everyone hated them so much and Tamar's face during the judges scores and refusing to look at Louis while he's apologize had me ) :dead:

I definitely loved Tamar's confidence throughout the season no matter how the producers tried to portray it. I certainly didn't expect Tamar to make it as far as she did and I don't think she did either. She certainly defied my expectations and I think she defied her own expectations as well. I think it's important when you're competing to win and be the best that you convince yourself you are the best. Frankly, I do think Tamar was the best dancer that season. I've been on the record that Bindi is way overhyped and overscored, and I stand by that. N*ck is possibly better, but I do think it's close between the two and I give the edge to Tamar because I do think it is tougher for a woman on this show than a man.

Other than her Samba, I loved every single one of Tamar's dances. Her Jazz is obviously iconic and deserves all the love and praise in the world. However, her Quickstep, Cha-Cha, Rumba, and especially her Paso Doble are all amazing dances I love and adore that deserve so much more love as well. Her Foxtrot is way underrated and the judges were just being haters because of that video package. That easily should've been all 9's. And maybe this is unpopular but I loved her dress rehearsal Contemporary. She may have run out of steam a bit towards the end and the lift was a bit rough, but I think it was beautiful and should've at the very least been all 8's (I'd bet it would've gotten a perfect score had she been able to do it).

While Tamar having to withdraw from the show breaks my heart, I feel like she did win America back over and went out on a high note. Maybe I'm delusional, but I think Tamar could've made it all the way to second place had she stayed. I believe the rumor was that Nick would've gone home the following week had there been an elimination. Then on finale night, I bet Tamar would've had a kickass Freestyle and could've beaten Carlos and Alek. Luckily, Tamar got her redemption on Celebrity Big Brother, dominating the season and becoming one of the best winners the franchise has ever seen . I doubt she'll be able to make it to the end of that game, so I'm really proud to have helped get her to the end of this game. I feel terrible for what Tamar's been going through lately and I hope she's feeling better. I love her to death and watching her on this season of DWTS was such a joy.

WALLACE

Tamar Braxton

tumblr_oy1am5pn3d1w2bokuo9_500.gifv

tumblr_oy1am5pn3d1w2bokuo10_500.gifv

Tamar Braxton making it to the finals of this year’s rankdown game is one of the biggest surprises to have happened, imo.  Tamar usually does well in this game, making it to the Top 50 to Top 100 stages or whatnot. I’m not sure if her DWTS run is exactly finals material worthy per se, but eh I always really loved and rooted for Tamar and she was never a target of mine (nor someone I was fighting hard for), so I got no issue with that. And I’m happy for her achieving this.  I was also very impressed to see that Tamar was one of the 9 celebrities to never be nominated in this game too.  Tamar does benefit from some of m rankings, and I will give her the #9 ranking.

Tamar Braxton is an R&B singer, reality TV star & personality, who competed on Dancing with the Stars Season 21, where she was partnered with Val Chmerkovskiy. Tamar & Val did really well and made it to 5th place. I know I am in the minority opinion but I did enjoy Season 21. Sure it was frustrating at times  (as lots of seasons can be) but still enjoyed it. And that’s largely due to Bindi & Tamar who were my Top 2 favorites of that season. Tamar was my 2nd fave behind Bindi but I’ll share my thoughts on Tamar’s run.

- I really enjoyed Tamar’s Quickstep on Week 1 and thought this was a great and fun dance. I believe this was the first time we ever had Quicksteps on Week 1 which was so absurd to hear at the time. But Tamar rose to the challenge and delivered!

- Tamar’s We Are Family Cha-Cha was sassy and great fun! She danced and performed it well. Her “Living in New York City” Charleston was a modern take on a Charleston like we never seen before.  It was such a cool and funky dance. That was also my favorite dance that night.

- The “A Beautiful Mind” Tango was quite a sexy and steamy dance. I’m not sure but were there some posture issues in this dance? I can’t recall but felt it was something. Still this was really good and she did well with this.

- Tamar’s Rumba to “King,” was absolutely gorgeous and stunning.  This was a hectic week for her where she was promoting her album and doing lots of press for it (alongside doing The Real and her reality show). I think she only had 2 or 3 days to train for this dance and she managed to deliver such a high quality dance like this? Beautiful!  Probably my 2nd favorite from her!

- Gah I remember looking SOO forward to her “End of Time” Samba with Louis, as I love the Samba and it was to one of my favorite Beyoncé songs but sadly this dance wasn’t as great as I was hoping for.  There were some shaky and balance issues where Tamar did seem off - which also cold have been the shoes. I still enjoyed it and thought it deserved some more 8s. But for this dance to score 7s alongside Paula Deen’s dance? Ridiculous.

- Tamar’s “Rhythm Nation” Jazz on Famous Dances Night is ICONIC. She was majorly sick that week, lost her voice but still managed to deliver a top notch dance like this? She was incredible here. Andd off of memory, want to say this was the best Janet Jackson inspired dance on the show. My favorite dance of Tamar’s and one of my very faves of the season!

- I do remember Tamar had a villain esque edit on Halloween night, which was annoying and the judges were super hard on her. Her Foxtrot was good and well danced. I did kinda feel a lot was going on in the dance. Not one of my favorites from her but i do think it got harshly criticized. Sh was apart of the “This Is Halloween” group routine, which was a great and fun team dance.

- Doing a Paso Doble to “Born this Way” was a strange song choice but she did deliver a really good and solid Paso here.  I did also love her Cha-Cha dance-off performance here. Although Tamar only getting 24% of the public vote was really disappointing.

- Tamar’s final week was a really tough week to watch, as she was really ill and was in the hospital on the performance show day. Her Contemporary was judged on dress rehearsal footage. The dance was decent but looked like it could have been a really beautiful showstopping routine if she was able to perform it full out. Really wish we could have seen it how it should have been performed.  Her Rumba dance duel with Nick & Sharna was good. I did feel this dance while good was stage as it had a lot going on and didn’t really resemble a Rumba though.  I love how determined Tamar was to get to the dance studio and perform this dance properly with Val, Nick & Sharna, as she did not want to let them down (and they were all concerned for her). But gah it wsas so risky leaving the hospital without the approval. Kinda not worth risking your health like that but I am glad she was able to dance the dance. She did the best she could under the circumstances.

Then two days later, Tamar had to withdraw due to having pulmonary embolisms in her lungs.  It was sad seeing Tamar having to withdraw because I feel she certainly deserved a spot in the finale. I would have loved seeing what she would have danced those final 2 weeks of the competition but.. we will never know.  I’m glad Tamar recovered well from that. She’s gone through a lot of ups and downs since her time on DWTS (which I won’t get into) but so glad she’s in a better place in her life.  I’m excited to see how she ranks in this game.

ELLIOTT

TAMAR BRAXTON

dd4ac7020991efe5ed9a224681cac2fd843804d9

Me cheering when I saw her get immunity so I could rank her highly and stan, only to turn around and have to put her in my bottom four because of Alex's actions in the final cut round:

Tamar is iconic. One of the greatest celebrities to be on reality television. Her being hospitalized, only to show up IN A LIMO right before her dance was about to begin for the drama? I lived! Her making everyone pressed when she pulled out after the PenaVega B2 despite it being clear the producers were wanting that to happen? Iconic!

Her being the only black woman to win Big Brother and doing it unanimously? Damn right. 

She's also responsible for some iconic moments in her guest judging stints on Drag Race as well, so I have no choice but to stan. She easily would've been sixth or seventh in my vote but I'm tanking her because of the Lindsey Stirling cut. 😘 

DEREK

Tamar

I agreed with the judges often in that Tamar had this issue connecting with her eyes, whether it was with Val or just in general while performing. She was always thinking, or imagining the next thing rather than connecting with her partner or performing in the moment. Of course, the big shame about Tamar’s run on the show was the untapped potential. It sucks so much that she had the health issues during the show because that was time spent away that could have instead been her just working on her dance journey and succeeding. She went home too early for her talent, and I think her talent would have been even more amazing without having to worry about that extra crap. She had some good routines and amazing potential but I wouldn’t put her in my Top 16, so here she falls.

DIANA

15. Tamar Braxton

This is soley petty on my part. I find her someone who could win and I wouldn’t find it warranted so I will chose her as someone who I will tank just to try to get her not to win. Am I coming for people’s favs who took mine out? Sure. Why wouldn’t I? Tamar making it this far is a good example of team underdog but someone who CAN dance so it’s a more fair of a place in the final ranking compared to someone like Patti LaBelle LOL. She did have to withdraw due to illness which I always hate to see happening to someone who has so much potential and is so talented.  Good for her to make the final rankdowns but this is a petty choice of mine. Sorry to her.

PUBLIC

Great job to Lily for making a push for Tamar to get to the Finals.  I was shocked when this was the duo immunity from Lily and Alex, and when the shock wore off, I was very happy!  I love Tamar.  While I was team Bindi, and she was my favorite during season 21, I also was team Tamar, and I wish she had placed in the Top 2.  Like others have mentioned, I was crushed when she couldn't continue due to health problems.  Shes a true reality star, I am so happy she had the opportunity to get ranked in the final ranking finally!  I ranked her at like 5th, so the rest of the public really didnt like her. 

AMANDA

Tamar Braxton - Simply put, Tamar is my least favorite of this Top 16 so this was an easy last place ranking for me. I was a huge fan of Bindi andAlexa that season and they were my main favorites. Tamar did a great on the season , though. Her “Rhythm Nation” Jazz is iconic. Her withdrawal at the end of the season is also really disappointing, as she was doing so good. But I was just never as invested in her journey as others on here clearly were and she’s up against so many celebrities that I love, so she fell to the bottom of my ranking here. I’m sure her fans will have more to say about her, and congrats to her fans for getting her to the final ranking.

@Alex95 @*Amanda @*Diana @FrogLenzen @Elliott @*Lily @totes4totes @*Wallace

Tamar making endgame was my big goal this year. I understand she’s not by definition a top contestant to many but I also wanted some variety in the endgame this year and I feel she’s an underrated contestant! Truly an all time fave of mine. Super pleased with her run to the top 15. ❤️ 

(Now reveal Tinashe so I can officially bring my underdog mission to an end)

Edited by *Lily
  • Like 1

ALEX:

5. Danica McKellar

6. Tamar Braxton

AMANDA:

15. Danica McKellar

16. Tamar Braxton

DEREK:

15. Tamar Braxton

16. Danica McKellar

DIANA:

13. Danica McKellar

15. Tamar Braxton

ELLIOTT:

11. Danica McKellar

13. Tamar Braxton

LILY:

5. Tamar Braxton

15. Danica McKellar

MEGAN:

8. Danica McKellar

11. Tamar Braxton

WALLACE:

9. Tamar Braxton

13. Danica McKellar

PUBLIC:

13. Danica McKellar

15. Tamar Braxton

• Solaris changed the title to Dancing with the Stars Rankdown 4.0 (#15, Page 166)

Tamar! ❤️ 

I honestly expected and thought she would have been last. So I'm happy she placed a bit higher. I love her so I am glad she manage to get to #15. Loved reading those write-ups from Lily and Alex too. :yes: 

Lol Elliott is showing that bitterness at Alex, omg. :dead:

• Like 1