American Idol General Discussion

istersay

just listened to Haven's EP and it was cute! her vocals have improved and she has a clear vision for her artistry. it sounds very similar to Tate McRae's recent album "think later" so it didn't feel very original overall. this is going to sound crazy but the bridges of Kiss the Ground and Monster are kinda convincing me she could sound cool doing hyper pop, but i'm sure she has no plans of doing that lol. 

How You Like Me Now is a bop and going on my playlist! 

Posted (edited)

i’ve been randomly watching some of my fav idol performances and i’ll never get over jena getting 2nd. coming into that finale, it really felt like she was the frontrunner to win. her underdog-esque run from wildcard contestant that landed on the bottom to favorite was so fun to watch and it kinda saved the season from being a total disaster. this was such a moment.

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, m1key said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6gilefOxwu/?igsh=MTJtaHNsc3drenFzMQ%3D%3D

Oliver's father passed away recently :( Iam performed a duet with him of "Monsters" at the funeral service and it's extremely emotional 😭 

"Monsters" remains one of the most powerful/moving songs I've ever heard. 

thats devastating :( hope oliver and his family are ok

17 hours ago, wildestinvegas said:

i’ve been randomly watching some of my fav idol performances and i’ll never get over jena getting 2nd. coming into that finale, it really felt like she was the frontrunner to win. her underdog-esque run from wildcard contestant that landed on the bottom to favorite was so fun to watch and it kinda saved the season from being a total disaster. this was such a moment.

Then one year later Haley Reinhart completely killed CHFIL and made it a huge success with an Extra Gum commercial.

Ahem.

I have bitter vibes for that season 13 2014 because I was unwell mentally at the time. :( 

Not related but I hate when good contestants like Hollie, Allison, and Siobhan virtually disappear online. It sucks because they all deserved better. IMO

• Like 3

Nicki brought out Burnell from S12 at her show last night! shocked she acknowledged her experience on Idol in 2024 but it was a cure moment!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, m1key said:

Nicki brought out Burnell from S12 at her show last night! shocked she acknowledged her experience on Idol in 2024 but it was a cure moment!

I remember Nicki bringing Burnell to perform at one of her concerts right after Idol, too.

Edited by ptebwwong
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Hearing Chayce beckham's single "23" on the radio constantly. Is he the only ABC AI contestant that has constant radio play? Or maybe just where I live.

I don't listen to radio often, but I heard it over a McDonald's radio playing in the restaurant local to my mall. Recently. lmao

• Like 1

Kenedi recently had her wisdom teeth removal TikTok go viral with 11.7m views and 1.1m likes. sad none of her singing content can get that many views/likes 😭 😭

3 minutes ago, m1key said:

Kenedi recently had her wisdom teeth removal TikTok go viral with 11.7m views and 1.1m likes. sad none of her singing content can get that many views/likes 😭 😭

It's always the most random stuff that ends up going viral.  :dead:

• Haha 4

On 5/11/2024 at 8:50 PM, Hsamid said:

Hearing Chayce beckham's single "23" on the radio constantly. Is he the only ABC AI contestant that has constant radio play? Or maybe just where I live.

You listen to country radio? 

His song hit #1 on the airplay charts, so it’s probably not just where you live. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

You listen to country radio? 

His song hit #1 on the airplay charts, so it’s probably not just where you live. 

My dad. Always has it on. It's always current country hits though... so I can still be excused for not knowing Loretta Lynn till a few months ago, right?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

My dad. Always has it on. It's always current country hits though... so I can still be excused for not knowing Loretta Lynn till a few months ago, right?

Absolutely not! :haha:

• Haha 6

You know Kris Allen winning 15 years ago May 20th 2009 annoys some still when I read online...

If Abi loses it will be the better vocalist losing to a lesser vocalist or some shiz....

FIRST OF ALL.

Jack? Could outsing Kris during his run.

As could Will.

Abi winning or losing isn't the annoyance here.

It's that Lambert fans are so bitter about his loss of the title... 15 YEARS AGO. That Abi "losing to a weaker vocalist similar in vein to Kris Allen/WGWG" is a damn insult.

I love Kris Allen ok?

He's gotten so amazing as a singer that he'd go back in time and beat himself ten times over his AI8 2009 run.

I am bringing this up because I guess some are already assuming it's Abi's to lose and a Jack or Will win would prove yet again that certain singers always win, pop girls have no chance, and that in their respective genres of music? Will or Jack are inherently weaker singers.

I'm a Maddie Poppe fan.

So THE ABC Idol alums have their version too.

"So in so won AI16 2018" but Gabby has had so much success!!!

Yeah. Ya know what? If Abi loses in 3rd fine. If she wins fine.

Punch me if I EVEN attempt to whine about the May 19th 2024 outcome. lol

I guess what I'm getting at is... Have your dang faves but don't hate on those who win to the point you insult their winning and talent.

On that note. Nick F. isn't my fave male Idol alumni but I apologize if I offended his fans by saying I'm not excited to see him perform. He may not be everyone's cup of tea but he's talented.

Ok if you read my rant. lmao GOOD.

In the end it's a television show about talented singers on journeys in life.

It's not about one uping these kids we don't know/are family or friends with by saying things like "WHO won that year?" or my personal fave "You don't even have to win Idol to get signed anymore. Because the best never wins."

LONG RAMBLE OUTTIE. lol 👋

• Like 1

Laci's album is just gorgeous. a lot to take in and process but i will say that The Loneliest Girl In The World (song) has been on repeat for me since it's release as a single and i just know it's going to be a summer anthem for me ❤️ 

• Like 2

I've listened to Laci's album in full 3 times now and it just keeps getting better and better with every listen. I will say that my 2 favorite stand out songs currently are:

I Let Him Love Me &

Get Out Of My Dreams 

But there isn't a bad song on the album they all are fantastic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

OHMYGOSH!!!!! ABI WONNNNN!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️😆🎆👏🏻👏🏻

I’m SOOOOOO happy that Abi won this season’s American Idol!!! I was pretty sure they were going to say Will Mosely, but Abi did it, and I couldn’t be happier!!! ❤️❤️ First time in 4️⃣ seasons that a female has won the title, and BEST way to end this season’s American Idol!! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Edited by JodiRose
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1