Jessica didn’t turn for Darren or Baylie

Edited by Cookie73

Took me a minute to find Cassie’s but we’re all good here now and ranked:

1. Cassie
  2. Tanya
  3. Abbey
  4. Dan
  5. Baylie

Cassie is once again a case of leaving the best for last - she didn’t have to snap that hard but she nailed it. Tanya’s song choice is the main reason I put her over Abbey in the #2 spot, even though I think Abbey’s a bit more likely so far to survive the cut; vocally, both were about equal for me.

Dan has tons of potential and I’m hoping to see him make it, if he can rein in his nerves - the vibe I got just watching him on stage with no backstory is that he seems like he’s a very likable guy.  Baylie goes last as she was a tad messy vocally, but she’s fun to watch and has solid stage presence; I wish she weren’t with Guy so she’d have a shot at surviving the cut, but I’m glad she made it onto the show.

TOP 3 OF THE WEEK:

1. Cassie
  2. Bella
  3. Drew

Honorable mentions to Tanya and Jordan, who I also liked quite a bit. 

Edited by VintageVoice
  • Like 2

My Top 5 for each team post week 1 (it feels weird considering there are less than 20 in total, but one team has 6)

Team Keith
1. Cassie McIvor

2. Drew Walker

3. Abbey Green

4. Darren Constable

5. Dan Eade

Team Rita

1. Sian Fuller

2. Tanya George

3. Sofia Watt

Team Jessica

1. Olivia Vasquez

2. Janaki Easwar

3. Evile Jireh Sisifo-Laloata

Team Guy

1. Bella Taylor Smith

2. Adrian Hood

3. Jordan Fuller

4. Byron Garn

5. Baylie Carson

Guy and Keith have most of my favorites overall

Top 5 of the week

1. Cassie McIvor

2. Bella Taylor Smith

3. Drew Walker

4. Adrian Hood

5. Jordan Fuller

1. Cassie McIvor MJ can confirm that I live for powervocalist and Cassie is exactly that for me! The only thing I can say, as a Celine Dion stan, she was unable to measure up to Celine`s version as she struggled a bit with her breathing - I think the song was a bit too big for her. But I see tons of potential with her and she better sing a Tina Arena song 😘 

2. Dan Eade: What a voice! I am rooting for him, for multiple reasons.
  3. Tanya George : Haven't heard this song done in a while and boy am I glad that it was done! It was very fresh and she can certainly sing. I want to see more! 
  4. Baylie Carson I was ready to think of her as overrated but I was wrong - she got some CHOPS, although a bit rough at times. And the clarinette or flute? I lived. 
  5. Abbey Green: She`s a great singer but not sure what sets her apart - I have the same problem that I had with Olivia Vasquez; Just not my type of contestant. 
  6. Blair Dwyer He was okay so I understand why he got no chair turn. 
  7. Henry Starr Ahomana His version was weak but he got a good voice - he just need to figure how to use it. 

TEAM CHRIS - Italic means that they have the possibility of getting bumped off my team. 

1. Cassie McIvor
  2. Drew Walker
  3. Bella Taylor Smith
  4. Adiran Hood
  5. Dan Eade
  6. Sofia Watt
  7. Tanya George
  8. Sian Fuller
  9. Evile Jireh Sisifo

Strongest episode so far to me!

1. Cassie McIvor - If you can do a solid rendition of IACBTMN or To Love You More, you've got me on your side. Favorite so far.

2. Tanya George - Love a good looper! I do love that she's less reliant on it than Sam Perry was (loved Sam's voice as well, though! This seems like a perfect introduction to her. It was memorable but didn't overuse the instrument and her voice is really solid to match. loved it!

3. Dan Eade - Not me giving international country singers a bigger chance than US country singers lol.... he's pretty good. Oz usually has a couple scattered but they rarely come to the forefront and he was decent overall. Good for him on getting some chair turns!

4. Baylie Carson - Ok she's got a GOOD set of pipes, but this was definitely showcasing too much. Had she toned it down or picked a different song, I would've enjoyed it a bit more. The flute was a nice addition. If she controls it a bit more, she could definitely pass the next round.

5. Abbey Green - She did solid enough, but I already don't remember much about her voice. Hopefully a better song can help her stand out in the next round.

TEAM: 

Cassie McIvor

Tanya George

Jordan Fuller

Adrian Hood

Bella Taylor Smith

16 minutes ago, Shinuki said:

Cassie was amazing lol that was like a audition from the prime era of TVUS, when someone can deliver a Celine Dion song is always a eargasm, glad that she went with Keith.

When I stated that I wasn’t a huge fan of many auditions in this episode, there was one huge exception, and it was Cassie. Her audition deserves every ounce of praise it is getting and it is the best vocal performance in a week of so many great vocals. This is a difficult song to sing and she did really well with it

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

When I stated that I wasn’t a huge fan of many auditions in this episode, there was one huge exception, and it was Cassie. Her audition deserves every ounce of praise it is getting and it is the best vocal performance in a week of so many great vocals. This is a difficult song to sing and she did really well with it

If that doesn’t end up in a compilation highlight reel for this week/month/this Australian season, I’m demanding the compilers get a hearing check.

(Kidding, but I’m pretty sure it’s going to be her and/or Bella there, so it’s likely a moot point anyway)

9 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Looks like we’ll be getting another round of reveal day posts. Mick posted his…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSbBwqklJ8o/?utm_medium=copy_link

We love outing ourselves! ❤️

Here are the people who revealed so far. Bolded are newfound names:

SUNDAY, August 15
Adrian Jemale
Kelly Matejcic
Mick Harrington

Pete Murphy

MONDAY, August 16
JediAEL
Maddie Grace
Michael Kay

TUESDAY, August 17
Brodie Pollard
Milina Mihic
Zeke Cameron

Edited by Teraginn
  • Thanks 4

It took me some time to realize what I didn’t like about Evile’s audition. He sang Coldplay’s most emotional song and did so many runs, it took all of the emotion out of the song, and I didn’t feel anything in that rendition. He changed the song in a bit very good way.

On the other hand, someone who changed a song in a good way was Drew. She took an iconic Australian song and made it her own, and she put a lot of emotion into this, while also showing off her range. 

Last episode rankings:

1.) Cassie

2.) Abbie

3.) Tanya

4.) Baylie

5.) Dan 

Week Rankings 

1.) Bella 

2.) Cassie

3.) Sian

4.) Abbie

5.)Janaki

Edited by erik g

New Reveal Day posts...

SUNDAY, August 15

Adrian Jemale
Kelly Matejcic
Mick Harrington

Pete Murphy

MONDAY, August 16
JediAEL
Kala Gare
Maddie Grace
Michael Kay

Seb Szabo

TUESDAY, August 17
Brodie Pollard
Milina Mihic
Zeke Cameron

Edited by Teraginn
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Vaguely on topic but shoutout to @sydneysam killing it with artwork for the Australian cast this season - I hope they appreciate all your support ❤️

thank you!! my artwork for Sian was probably one of my faves ever. I've been using it also to practice more and more for the upcoming season of tvus 🤪

• Like 2