The voice Australia season 10

thevoiceisthetop

So almost every audition this season seems to be a 4 chair turn. We’ve already matched S8 and are one away from matching S9. There are going to be more 4 chair turns than spots past the cut soon 

Now that we’re towards the middle, there will probably be less.

2 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

I can’t find Adrian’s audition anywhere. I’m guessing it is because of the copyright?

I tried finding it too, no luck yet. I think he sang Michael Jackson, whose songs are notoriously difficult to copyright.

I stepped out so I didn't finish the whole episode, catching up on what's available on YouTube....

Kelly Matejcic: another ill-fitting song choice IMO. I like the tone of her voice, but this song is not the right showcase for it, she needs a more stripped back song IMO.

Mick Harrington: I think I built up this audition way too much in my head, coz I was honestly underwhelmed. He definitely needs to strengthen his head voice, his nerves really showed through there. His chest voice sounds terrific, I personally think he should have sung in that register for most of the song. I was relieved he chose Jess, I somehow got it in my head that he'll choose Keith, and I didn't want Dan to have anymore competition on that team.

I LOVED Jediael and Halimah's auditions! Michael was good too

Not sure if I would turn for Kelly, I didn't like the song. I could see her growing on me if she has better song choices in the future.

Pete is a great singer, but I'm not a fan of his tone, I would like to hear him sing a rock ballad.

Edited by Mistake006

Updated the list to include Adrian’s (posted about 10 hrs after the show aired)

1. Michael Harrington

2. Halimah Kyrgios

3. Pete Murphy

4. Kelly Matejcic

5. Jediael

6. Adrian Jemale

I knew Michael would be #1 when I saw it, as it was the only one that competed with some of the best auditions from last week for me. I also wanted another favorite on Team Jess and I got that

Didn’t love the others that much. Great singers, but the song choices were weird. Pete is a great example of this. Love that voice but the song choice was weird. An 80s ballad would fit him better. Adrian too, as he’s a skilled performer but his performance seemed novelty

Edited by Cookie73

12 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

1. Michael Harrington

2. Halimah Kyrgios

Same top 2/placements :wub:

they both shined the most for tonight (for me). But, as I've said probably the most underwhelming night so far. I hope tomorrow's artists deliver (I've got goosebumps on that female artist (who is blind) who sang Climb Ev'ry Mountain)

HOWLING at the thought of contestants fighting for song choices and a 45-year old man beating a bunch of teenage girls to get Drivers’ License 🤣

He’s one the only 2 auditions I’ve listened to so far but I shockingly enjoyed it. Didn’t recognize it til like halfway through bc I wasn’t looking.

• Haha 5

Updated Top 5s for me

Team Keith
1. Cassie McIvor

2. Drew Walker

3. Abbey Green

4. Darren Constable

5. Jediael

Alternate- Dan Eade

Team Rita

1. Sian Fuller

2. Halimah Kyrgios

3. Tanya George

4. Sofia Watt

5. Adrian Jemale

Team Jessica

1. Michael Harrington

2. Olivia Vasquez

3. Pete Murphy

4. Janaki Easwar

5. Evile Jireh Sisifo-Laloata

Team Guy

1. Bella Taylor Smith

2. Adrian Hood

3. Jordan Fuller

4. Kelly Matejcic

5. Byron Garn

Alternate- Baylie Carson

I didn’t get another favorite on the most stacked teams from Week 1, which is great, and now I have a #1 on each team that I am content with (for now). 

Edited to include Adrian’s audition.

Edited by Cookie73

I thought the episode was actually weak, especially compare to the last week. None of them really WOW'ed me. 

1. Mick - Over The Rainbow : Easily my favourite audition of this week.
  2. Halimah - Chains : I absolutely love Tina and I've had high hopes for this audition - I will be honest that it kinda let me down, I was expecting more from her? I've heard this song performed better on other shows (Hi Paulini!)- I personally would have went with Jessica. In term of powervocalist, Cassie is still the better one. 
  3. Kelly - Diamonds Great tone but needs better song. 
  4. Peter Murphy - Driver's License I absolutely love the song and I liked the arrangements he made to the song. I'd like to see more from him, in his wheelhouse. 
  5. Jediael - Wonder Not feeling that song choice for her, but she does have a nice tone - unsure if this audition warranted her a 4-chair turn. I am intrigued seeing her on Team Keith, though. 
  6. Tori Darke - The Middle Example 1000 why I hate when singer goes with a Top 40 song. 

TEAM CHRIS - Italic means that they have the possibility of getting bumped off my team. 

1. Cassie McIvor
  2. Drew Walker
  3. Bella Taylor Smith
  4. Adiran Hood
  5. Dan Eade
  6. Sofia Watt
  7. Mick Harrington
  8. Tanya George
  9. Sian Fuller
  10. Evile Jireh Sisifo
  • Like 1