Season 21 Coach Lineup (Who Would You Choose?)

disney1024

8 hours ago, disney1024 said:

We've all seen the "three guys and a Kelly" dynamic. What about a "three girls and a Blake dynamic" instead? 🤔

That would be great as well. A combination of Kelly,J-hud/Alicia,Gwen,Blake would do well.

Btw I would absolutely love to see Christina and Kelly together but it's not gonna happen ever.

• Like 3

Kelly: i love this woman! she really cares about her contestants, is really funny and kind, and is obviously incredibly talented. i hope she stays on as long as possible!

Blake: i can’t imagine this show without this man. i know we dislike how he usually gets multiple contestants to the finale with ease, but he always makes me laugh and is very supportive of his contestants

Jennifer: i need JHud back😍 the shoe-throwing is iconic!! she has an amazing personality and is one of my all-time favorite vocalists. i love her as a coach!!

Usher: i didn’t watch the show too much when he was a coach, but i loved him as an advisor this season!! he was funny and gave really good feedback to the contestants.

i had hoped the show had evolved past the days of having a 3 male and 1 female lineup, but i guess not🤷‍♂️ i’d love this lineup, but i’d also love to see Miley or Alicia come back!

Edited by KimberlyxKyla
  • Like 2

Three options (one replacing John, one replacing Kelly, and one replacing Nick/Gwen - replace Blake and the show falls apart):

No John

Kelly

Nick

JHUD

Blake

Nick has pretty good chemistry with Blake and Kelly's a "friendly rival" by coach standard. He's the most laid-back of this panel, which would be needed since JHud's an icon but she and Kelly together can be a bit chaotic at times.

No Kelly

P!nk

Nick

John

Blake

Finding someone with an entertaining personality and genre-crossing appeal is a tall order, but I remember P!nk coming in for Season 10 as a guest mentor and she was hilarious; she's more in the pop lane than Kelly but does well with pop-rock and R&B stuff as well so John and Nick would have a rival (though Blake would dominate country).

No Gwen/Nick

Kelly

Brendon Urie

John

Blake

A pop-rock artist that's widely likable and knowledgable about the industry seems like it could be a tricky thing, but Brendon Urie could be a good choice. He's popular with the younger crowd, has a voice that's basically insane, and has dabbled in a lot of different corners of the pop/rock/alternative lanes that makes him an appealing choice. If nothing else, he'd be a solid pick as a guest mentor at some point.

Considering she was the mega mentor in seasons 7 and 17, I would love to have Taylor Swift as a coach on The Voice. She has a loyal fanbase that would increase the show's ratings and she would be able to compete with Blake and Kelly for country artists, since she was originally a country singer. She would also be Kelly's biggest competition since they're both pop/pop-rock singers. I also wouldn't mind Miley coming back to the show since she would also appeal to both pop and country artists. Instead of having John Legend every single season, the show should probably switch it up a bit. I would love to see Alicia or JHud back on the coaches panel sometime in the near future. 😍🤩😍

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Considering she was the mega mentor in seasons 7 and 17, I would love to have Taylor Swift as a coach on The Voice. She has a loyal fanbase that would increase the show's ratings and she would be able to compete with Blake and Kelly for country artists, since she was originally a country singer. She would also be Kelly's biggest competition since they're both pop/pop-rock singers. I also wouldn't mind Miley coming back to the show since she would also appeal to both pop and country artists. Instead of having John Legend every single season, the show should probably switch it up a bit. I would love to see Alicia or JHud back on the coaches panel sometime in the near future. 😍🤩😍

If they add any non-country artist with an extremely loyal fanbase (e.g. Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, etc.) to the coaches' panel, the show will probably not be so country-dominated. Said loyal fanbase would effectively compete with and neutralize Blake's country-loving fans that just vote for Blake's artists. 😌

Perfect and kind of realistic squad for S21 would be Kelly/Nick/Jennifer/Blake.

If we replace Nick with Gwen or JHud with Alicia, these lineups would be really great too.

But actually, I think that we would have some new coaches in S21 since it's beginning of new era for The Voice, just like it happened in S11 with Miley and Alicia joining. From supposal new coaches - P!NK, Demi Lovato, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Justin Timberlake, Joe Jonas, Bruno Mars and apparently I would not be bothered by even Shawn Mendes, Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande or Charlie Puth. 

I would also love to see some of the previous coaches come back - Usher, Miley Cyrus, Jennifer Hudson, Alicia Keys, if we see any of these stars, I would be so happy! 

Disappointment would be giant if they didn't replace John or Nick for S21, come on, let's move on and see some new faces or bring back some iconic coaches.

Edited by jakesz
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, jakesz said:

Perfect and kind of realistic squad for S21 would be Kelly/Nick/Jennifer/Blake.

If we replace Nick with Gwen or JHud with Alicia, these lineups would be really great too.

But actually, I think that we would have some new coaches in S21 since it's beginning of new era for The Voice, just like it happened in S11 with Miley and Alicia joining. From supposal new coaches - P!NK, Demi Lovato, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Justin Timberlake, Joe Jonas, Bruno Mars and apparently I would not be bothered by even Shawn Mendes, Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande or Charlie Puth. 

I would also love to see some of the previous coaches come back - Usher, Miley Cyrus, Jennifer Hudson, Alicia Keys, if we see any of these stars, I would be so happy! 

Disappointment would be giant if they didn't replace John or Nick for S21, come on, let's move on and see some new faces or bring back some iconic coaches.

I would love to see Kelly/Nick/Alicia/Blake in season 21. I would also love to see Taylor Swift as a coach bc she has expertise in both country and pop music. 🤩

I wouldn't replace Nick bc he's already new to the show and he has the potential to be a formidable coach. But John definitely has to go. I would be fine if they rotate between him, Alicia, and/or JHud but I want at least two different faces in season 21. We've seen Kelly, John, and Blake all in the same season since season 16. 5 seasons of the same three faces is more than enough. 😖

Edited by disney1024

1 hour ago, disney1024 said:

Plus his rivalry with Kelly is hilarious to watch lol 😂

now that i think about it, i’m actually excited for Nick next season! his first season was kind of messed up with the remote shows, so it’s going to be nice to see him in a more normal season (hopefully)!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

now that i think about it, i’m actually excited for Nick next season! his first season was kind of messed up with the remote shows, so it’s going to be nice to see him in a more normal season (hopefully)!

"Normal" in this case still probably means strict COVID protocols like no in-person audiences, coaches' seats being farther apart, and no contact between the coaches and the artists (that we know of on-screen) 😜

• Haha 1

I also thought of Chris Martin. Aside from his nationality, he pretty much fits the mold. He's part of a band whose new music no one has cared about for the past few years. He's got a nice enough personality that wouldn't cause much controversy. Plus, he also fits the rock lane.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New coaches I would love to see on The Voice in the near future:

1. Taylor Swift: Taylor has roots in country music so she would probably be accepted by Team Minivan. Since she has expertise in both pop and country music, she would give Blake and especially Kelly a run for their money. Besides, Taylor's extremely loyal fan base (i.e. the Swifties) can most likely compete with and neutralize Blake's loyal country-loving followers. Taylor was the Mega Mentor in seasons 7 and 17 so it's not impossible for her to be a coach on The Voice. 😌

Taylor Swift Dancing GIF by The Voice

2. Lady Gaga: Lady Gaga's fans (i.e. the Little Monsters) are excessively loyal imo. I remember them trying to sabotage the movie "Venom" in 2018 by writing fake negative reviews online and on social media so that people would instead watch "A Star Is Born" (both movies premiered on the same weekend). If anyone's fans can compete with and neutralize Blake's loyal country-loving followers, it's definitely Lady Gaga. 😜

bad romance hair flip GIF by Lady Gaga

3. Charlie Puth: I love Charlie Puth and he's without doubt an extremely talented artist. I could definitely see him as a coach on the show since he has a knack for the technical side of singing and music. Charlie was a battle advisor in seasons 11 and 16 so it's not impossible for him to be a coach on The Voice. 🤔

charlie puth GIF by The Voice
Edited by disney1024
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...