Season 21 Coach Lineup (Who Would You Choose?)

disney1024

Even though I really like John Legend, I might choose to replace him with Alicia Keys just to spice it up, so it isn't the same 3 coaches every season. Besides, Alicia Keys is an amazing coach and an amazing artist and it would be nice to have another female coach on The Voice. 😌

Blake Shelton's extremely loyal country-loving followers (i.e. Team Minivan) are a huge problem with regards to who gets voted by the viewers. They are the main reason why Blake almost always has multiple artists in the season finale and why country artists do so annoyingly well on the show. However, getting rid of Blake is definitely not the problem bc, if Blake leaves, ratings will tank and that would literally devastate the entire show. Instead, the show could maybe bring in a non-country coach who already has an extremely loyal fan base so that their fans would compete with and neutralize Blake's loyal country-loving followers. Taylor Swift, Rihanna, and Lady Gaga all come to mind. I would LOVE to see one of them as a coach on the show. 😍🤩😍

The Jonas Brothers also have a loyal fan base so it was definitely a good idea for the show to recruit Nick Jonas as a coach for seasons 18 and 20. 🧐

Ideal Coach Lineup:

1. Kelly Clarkson
  2. Taylor Swift/Nick Jonas
  3. Alicia Keys
  4. Blake Shelton 
Edited by disney1024

5 minutes ago, Shere Khan said:

Usher, Alicia, Kelly and a country singer instead of Blake would make a great panel from the contestant viewpoint.

Usher AND Alicia in the same season? Don't get me wrong, they're both excellent coaches but isn't that a bit too much R&B in one season??? 🤨

They better get a GOOD country coach in order for Team Minivan to forgive the departure of their beloved coach. Maybe a country classic like Dolly Parton or Reba McEntire? As a matter of fact, Reba was actually the show's first choice for a country coach but she firmly declined bc she didn't want to crush people's dreams. Reba's manager recommended Blake and that's how the show ended up with Team Blake. 😉

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shere Khan said:

Usher, Alicia, Kelly and a country singer instead of Blake would make a great panel from the contestant viewpoint.

I would actually love to see Usher and/or Shakira return to the coaching panel after 15 seasons 😍🤩😍

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 1

I would love to have this panel of coaches for Season 21

1. Brendon Urie - I want him to represent the male pop/rock lane

2. Kelly Clarkson - Kelly has been a consistent good coach with some questionable decisions

3. Jennifer Hudson - I would love to see her "throwing shoes" again on the show

4. Blake Shelton - The Voice will never be the same without this guy.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

2. Kelly Clarkson - Kelly has been a consistent good coach with some questionable decisions

seconding this panel.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

JHud returning to the show??? ABSOLUTELY!!! 😍🤩😍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

In my opinion, the show needs two consistent coaches that have no plan on leaving anytime soon. For 16 seasons, it has been Adam and Blake and now it's Kelly and Blake, since Adam left. However, I think having three consistent coaches (i.e. Kelly, Blake, and John) is too much because it's fun to see new coach dynamics when there are new coaches on the show. When there's three consistent coaches on the panel, it's not as fun to watch. Since the coaches this season are the exact same from season 17, we have already seen the dynamics between the coaches and the season becomes not as interesting. I think it's fun when the show keeps viewers on their toes with regards to who is on the coaches panel. 😌

9 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Also, I feel like a common theme with the coaches in the Voice is that they aren't really making huge waves with their new music, so I don't see people like Taylor or Gaga being a coach anytime soon.

That's true but who knows what the future holds 🤷🏾‍♂️

Edited by disney1024

31 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Blake Shelton's extremely loyal country-loving followers (i.e. Team Minivan) are a huge problem with regards to who gets voted by the viewers. They are the main reason why Blake almost always has multiple artists in the season finale and why country artists do so annoyingly well on the show. However, getting rid of Blake is definitely not the problem bc, if Blake leaves, ratings will tank and that would literally devastate the entire show. Instead, the show could maybe bring in a non-country coach who already has an extremely loyal fan base so that their fans would compete with and neutralize Blake's loyal country-loving followers. Taylor Swift, Rihanna, and Lady Gaga all come to mind. I would LOVE to see one of them as a coach on the show. 😍🤩😍

For one season, they should have country artists only on the non-Blake teams while Blake only has artists from genres who don't tend to fare well on the show, just to see what happens.

• Haha 2

Just now, disney1024 said:

In my opinion, the show needs two consistent coaches that have no plan on leaving anytime soon. For 16 seasons, it has been Adam and Blake and now it's Kelly and Blake, since Adam left. However, I think having three consistent coaches (i.e. Kelly, Blake, and John) is too much because it's fun to see new coach dynamics when there are new coaches on the show. When there's three consistent coaches on the panel, it's not as fun to watch. Since the coaches this season are the exact same from season 17, we have already seen the dynamics between the coaches and the season becomes not as interesting. I think it's fun when the show keeps viewers on their toes with regards to who is on the coaches panel. 😌

I would love for John to take a break from coaching. I am not even excited with the coaching panel for Season 20 because of him being there. I don't hate him, though but he usually have the strongest team post Blinds and ended up the weakest during the live shows or even during knockouts.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Usher AND Alicia in the same season? Don't get me wrong, they're both excellent coaches but isn't that a bit too much R&B in one season??? 🤨

I was going for personality and coaching skills, it's more important than matching genres 😄

These coaches did an excellent job with their contestants.

Kelly makes questinable decisions every now and then but she's invested and 5/3 speaks for itself.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shere Khan said:

I was going for personality and coaching skills, it's more important than matching genres 😄

Kelly makes questinable decisions every now and then but she's invested and 5/3 speaks for itself.

You mean 3/5 lol 😂

Edited by disney1024
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Vinyl said:

For one season, they should have country artists only on the non-Blake teams while Blake only has artists from genres who don't tend to fare well on the show, just to see what happens.

I mean Kelly won with a country singer in season 17 (Jake Hoot). Late in the competition that season, Blake literally didn't have any country singers left on his team. Blake's finalist was Ricky Duran, who's mainly into rock music. And this season, all of the teams had country singers at some point. During the Instant Save last week, Bailey Rae from Team Legend actually managed to defeat Tanner Gomes (Team Kelly) and Worth the Wait, the country trio from Blake's team. 😉 

Edited by disney1024

9 minutes ago, Shere Khan said:

What Adam managed to do in 9 seasons, Kelly and Blake both managed to do in only 4. Kelly and Blake both won their first 3 of 4 seasons on the show. 😌

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 1

Blake - Usher - Alicia - Kelly is my current dream lineup because they are all competitive and well accepted by Minivan, but if we could get someone as good as any of them, that would be amazing as well. :yes:

Btw, I really liked Alice Merton on the Voice of Germany so I would love to see her here. Minivan would probably ignore her though :haha:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Vinyl said:

Kinda like season 17. One of his weakest teams in terms of Minivan appeal. He still got the runner-up as per usual :haha:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, echoap said:

Kinda like season 17. One of his weakest teams in terms of Minivan appeal. He still got the runner-up as per usual :haha:

Yep. Kelly took the Blake route that season on the other hand with a team full of snowflake killers that appealed to Minivan.

• Like 2

I have multiple possible panels

(1 for each coach gone)

Option 1: (No Blake)

Kelly

Nick

Alicia

John

Option 2: (No John)

Kelly

Gwen

Jennifer