Big Brother Rankdown 2.0

Alex95

2 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I will let you all fight that one out :giggle:but question why are they dragging up 10 year old stuff I am confused? 

Sharon defended Piers Morgan's racist ass on The Talk recently so her former cohost Holly Robinson Peete #dragged Sharon about how she was awful and racist. So now Sharon's digging up this old email to show they parted on good terms I guess, and Julie Chen is getting destroyed in it :haha:

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

Sharon defended Piers Morgan's racist ass on The Talk recently so her former cohost Holly Robinson Peete #dragged Sharon about how she was awful and racist. So now Sharon's digging up this old email to show they parted on good terms I guess, and Julie Chen is getting destroyed in it :haha:

haha okay that's good stuff I am always here for a good dragging but I was definitely out of the loop on this one. 

• Alex95 changed the title to Big Brother Rankdown 2.0 (Writeups Due!!!!)

Ali Martinez

P0UvMEoyKap4Q8SRexrTrz8YGSEqu9UN2olhCWok

Ali had a great run in this game making it this far so congrats to her. As we got down to the bigger names she felt like an easier choice for nomination in my round and that is all! Ali didn't win any comps during her time in BBCAN6 however was able to prove herself as a good strategic force by working hard towards some house flips/votes. She ended up going home on one of her ally's HOH runs, where she was blindsided in the first part of a Triple Eviction. Having mostly voted in the majority during her time in the house, she also did so giving her winners' vote to Paras. Overall, I just don't know as much about Ali compared to some of these others remaining and she felt like a safer pick for elimination right now, but a great run nonetheless.

Brendon Villegas

3957-1210.jpg

Brendon appeared on back-to-back seasons of Big Brother, seasons 12 and 13, where he most famously found love with fellow houseguest Rachel. They have since married and have two children which is of course a really sweet story to come from BB! Brendon lost Rachel quite early on in BB12 which led to him relying on some comp wins to survive, that eventually took him to 6th place and leading him out in a double eviction. The following season, Brendon wasn't as lucky - he was put up on the block early on against Rachel and even though he won the PoV, he used it to save her which led to his elimination. He returned in a buyback which was part competition/part fan vote, against Lawon who famously did the most to get evicted in the chance of getting a power. However, Brendon was revolving-doored as he ended up going home on Dani's HoH pretty soon after. I like Brendon well enough but he was another one who I felt ok nominating in the remaining people left.

JILLIAN MACLAUGHIN

tumblr_mj2huzVjmn1rkpzjfo4_250.gif

As the first ever winner of Big Brother Canada, Jillian MacLaughin showed the world that she was a strong strategic player in the game instead of relying solely on a the social game aspect. In the house, she proved to be a fierce competitor by winning HOH a total of 4 times which is quite impressive. She was also known for the bonds formed with fellow houseguests such as Liza, Talla, Andrew, and Emmett with whom she formed a showmance; their romance didn't last but they remained the best friends and appeared on Amazing Race Canada together. And as we all know, Jillian famously won because of Topaz casting an accidental vote for Jillian which was enough to secure the win with the votes of Emmett, Talla, and Andrew with whom she was aligned throughout the time.

Overall, I really enjoyed JIllian and I think she's fairly underrated as a player & her win is often taken away because of the Topaz's mistake; I was obviously rooting for her as my East Coast allegiance.  And I do think this is a perfect spot for her & she was my intended target during my round.

JEN JOHNSON

DemandingFrightenedBadger-small.gif I9lv.gif tumblr_inline_panb27OFAf1rbm2ve_250.gifv

Known for being a houseguest of Big Brother 8, Jen Johnson is one of the most beloved houseguest from that season - easily one of the most iconic and fan favourite of the season. And while she may not have been the best player strategically or socially, Jen gave us plenty of good moments in the house which is what makes her an iconic houseguest : her meltdown regarding her memory wall picture, her rivalry with Dani, not giving a f**k for not being unlike by her fellow houseguests - although, I do feel D!ck went too far with his treatment of Jenius & I will forever be #TeamJen in that regards, and her fashion choices #IAmJenius.  And we all know, Jen's journey ended following her eating food while on slop which gave her a penalty vote - the vote did not change anything as Jen was going to be leaving, anyway; Honestly, I would have done the same thing as her if I was in her position. 

I will be completely honest here that Jen was another target of mine as I felt with her being in the game any longer meant that I knew it was unlikely for Dani to win that season; And all the talk about her a few pages back made me feel that she could have been a surprising winner as I feel we all like Jen in one way or another. s  And as much as she is iconic, I am unsure if she measures up to the majority of remaining houseguests. 

I9la.gif 215ca28510d7722cf358e35ccc2f393f_w200.gi I9lt.gif

Edited by *Chris
  • Like 3

James Rhine

EavnhnaXYAEdLl1.jpg

I was surprised to see people fighting for him this cycle when I thought he was such an easy cut. I moderately like James on both his seasons, but I'm far from a huge stan. James is known as the manwhore of the BB alumni who managed to sleep his way through every season of the show till he settled down and got married. But on the show he's known as the original Veto King. We met James on BB6 when he was dating Sarah. James ended up in the iconic Sovereign Six alliance, but after Maggie convinced Howie to take a shot at James, he became a floater between the two alliances. He had a good relationship with Ivette, but that wasn't enough and the two sides came together to backdoor him at the final seven where he couldn't win a veto. He came back the next season for All-Stars and tried playing both sides again. He was part of the S6 dominance at the beginning of the season, but also had loyalties to the Legion of Doom with Will, Boogie, and Danielle. After feeling disrespected by S6, he fully flipped to Legion of Doom before Will flipped the script on him and he got 7th place again. James' most iconic moment is easily his fight with Janelle at the very first OTEV where he whined over Janelle fighting him lol. I don't dislike James, but he's not a huge fave of mine so I'm glad he got taken out this round with this set of nominees.

Brittnee Blair

Queen-Brittnee.png?format=1500w

The ultimate storyline from rags to riches. Queen B was dismissed from the start of BBCAN3. Was racism and fatphobia part of it? I'd say absolutely. We know how these social strategy games work. Brittnee was thrown on the block twice in the first three weeks and she easily could've just gone full Victoria Rafaeli and been a permapawn of the season. Brittnee did not settle for that though. Instead, she decided to turn the game upside down. She hung on for dear life to win the next endurance comp and took control of the game. She destroyed the Chop Shop by taking out their figurehead leader Graig. After that vote, the Chop Shop began to fall apart, and was one of the key reasons why the Jordan blindside was able to happen. Brittnee was a key vote there due to her strong relationships with Bruno, Bobby, and Godfrey and she proved that she's a force to be reckoned with. Unfortunately people started dismissing her again. Pilar and Kevin decided to use her as a pawn during their HOH's. What did Brittnee do? She said f*ck you, stop using me as a pawn, and won the very first triple eviction HOH in Big Brother history. Brittnee absolutely used that power to destroy the other side (we're gonna fast forward through her awful Willow nomination because I don't wanna talk about it :/). Brittnee was a fan favorite, an HOH comp beast, and just so likable and rootable. She made it all the way to the final four and got taken out for being a big threat. As sad as I was to see her go YOU BETTER PUT RESPECT ON HER NAME!!! Brittnee rose from pawn to queen :wub:. Whenever All-Stars happens, Brittnee HAS to be a lock for the cast and I cannot wait to see it. I hate to see her go here, but the people have spoken.

Cycle 9 ~The Final Cuts~

bb22-epi37-nicole-enzo-01-00.jpg

Two months later, and here we are. We're at the final eviction of the game. You each have one more cut to make, but it's not gonna be easy. There are 8 of you left, and 9 more houseguests to go to reach our final 20. Now listen carefully to the rules. You each have the opportunity to give one houseguest immunity through the first eight cuts. That's right, one houseguest of your choosing will not be eligible to cut by any other rankers. But here's the catch! All the houseguests that are immune for the first eight cuts, will be vulnerable for 21st place as the ninth cut. After all eight cuts are made, any houseguest that was given immunity will be sent to the randomizer and one of them will be eliminated just like that. You don't have to give out an immunity if you don't want to. If you don't think luck is on your side, you don't have to. However, if no one chooses to give anyone immunity, all 21 of the remaining houseguests after the first eight cuts will be sent to the randomizer and one of them will be eliminated.

So 0 of you use optional immunity: One of the final 21 will be randomly eliminated.

1 or more of you use optional immunity: Those houseguests (or that single houseguest) will be immune from being cut by any of the rankers. However, they will be thrown into the randomizer and can be eliminated that way.

You have 24 hours to pm or dm me whether or not you wish to give someone immunity. And if you choose to do so, who that houseguest is. You cannot send me a decision until your writeups from the previous cycle are in though, so get them in tonight so you can let me know your decision!

After we figure out the potential immunities, we can get to cutting :devilwave:

@Steven_ @*Chris @*Lily @1234567890 @QueenKalie @*Diana @*Amanda @Solaris

Edited by Alex95

• Alex95 changed the title to Big Brother Rankdown 2.0 (Cycle 9 Posted - Writeups Still Due)

Though I know you all trust me with the randomizer, I'll be very transparent so everyone knows there's no funny business. I'll randomize the list and send that randomized list to a neutral third party (like @*Wallace or something). Then I'll ask another neutral third party to pick a number at random. Then I'll reveal who that person is and Wally can verify that is correct.

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Though I know you all trust me with the randomizer, I'll be very transparent so everyone knows there's no funny business. I'll randomize the list and send that randomized list to a neutral third party (like @*Wallace or something). Then I'll ask another neutral third party to pick a number at random. Then I'll reveal who that person is and Wally can verify that is correct.

I Trust You Season 3 GIF by CBS All Access