Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

Blastoise

blastoise gif on Tumblr

lol Venustoise was always iconic. Anyways, I'm cutting Blastoise because its line still has Squirtle, while Snorlax is alone in this rankdown right now. Blastoise is one of the og starters, being the water type representative. I lowkey wish that it had gotten a second type considering Bulbasaur and Charmander both got one, but what can you do? Blastoise was lucky enough to get a mega evolution and gigantimax form. Blastoise is pretty well balanced stat-wise, with its defenses edging out everything else. When it mega evolves, four out of its six stats break 100, which is pretty impressive! My mind is struggling to come up with more things to say about Blastoise because I'm braindead from presentations today, but I will say Blastoise is great! It stands out to me even with the large amount of water type Pokemon in Kanto.

Saving Snorlax

5 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Zapdos

pokemon-personalities | Moltres pokemon, Zapdos pokemon, Pokemon gif

Zapdos is another classic example of an overrated Gen 1 Pokémon.

Zapdos is the worst of the three kanto bird, no questions asked. It looks pretty good in this GIF, but in regular pictures he is just a fat, spiky bird. I feel like getting things done, so let's just cut a big name.

I have waited FAR too long to finally get the chance to cut a member of this overrated legendary trio. I just want to credit Sola for nominating all Gen 1 Pokemon and allowing this masterpiece of an elimination to occur. Zapdos is the worst Gen 1 legendary design, by far. It literally has no redeeming qualities. It's not cute, it has a weird design, and it's overrated. I'm also not really a fan of Zapdos's yellow color, it's not really appealing, especially compared to the rest of the designs in the trio.

Zapdos is one of the most overrated legendaries, and one of the most overrated Pokemon in general. I'm so happy that I got the chance to cut it because I have been wanting to for a while. All Zapdos is is a yellow bird that can fly. Its design is the definition of weird and the fact that people prefer this to Articuno is... confusing... (preferring this over Moltres is understandable though) I just want to thank Sola for giving me the opportunity to fulfill my dreams.

I have been trying to cut the entire overrated bird trio line for what seems like DECADES. This line's fans have constantly trampled on the clear better legendary Pokemon for years, and yes, I'm going to take out my built up anger in an iInternet rankdown (I have great coping skills). This Pokemon was given far too much spotlight in the anime and it BRAINWASHED viewers and fans into thinking that this trio was the best.

What, is this my lucky day or something?!  This is one of, if not the, most overrated Pokémon EVER. It is an ugly bird with no redeeming qualities. But guess what, this monster gets the spotlight in the anime and everyone LOVES it for no reason at all. Its fanbase is convinced that this is the best legendary of the generation, which is WRONG. Thank you everyone for giving me the opportunity to cut this monster. This rankdown has been rid of this monstrous bird

I didn’t want to make a popular cut like this, but we take drastic measures when we feel attacked.  Zapdos is probably the most overrated Pokémon in Gen 1 (I’m using my iconic word AGAIN.) I just never got the hype. Articuno, that’s nice, that’s cute, Moltres, what in the world is that? Zapdos, overrated birdmonster. Zapdos got a Galarian form in Gen 8, which made it look cooler I guess. This cut will probably get a lot of backlash, but sometimes you just have to do big things to make an impact. 

Spoilers:

Okay, those are just write-ups by Bk with the names altered. I think it's Meowth, Charmeleon, Entei, Rayquaza, Chimchar, Infernape, and Tyranitar. 

Zapdos is an iconic Pokemon, probably the most iconic legendary besides Mewtwo. It has always been the most popular of the bird trio, and while not my personal favorite, it is still better than most Pokemon and better than a lot still left in our game. But I wanted to see Mew and some others survive so I thought I would help them out a bit by taking out some competition. Plus I think it's fitting that all the birds go out on the same round, and also it's hilarious that Moltres gets to be the winner. So if anyone was thinking that they would get Articuno and Moltres out of the way to make room for Zapdos, not this time lmao. Moltres, the worst one, maybe of all 6, is the highest ranked and the only one part of the Top 10 flying Pokemon. It'll be interesting to see who wins the top legendary Pokemon in our game. The remaining ones are mostly Pokemon that I dislike loooool oh well. 

Zapdos, the "Electric" Pokemon, is electric/flying dual type, and can be found at the abandoned Power Plant in Pokemon Red/Blue/etc. Zapdos, or AA-J, or "Battery Jesus" was an integral part of Twitch Plays Pokemon and beating the game. Zapdos has a fantastic design, maybe in the running for best design of all Pokemon. In the game, it comes out the box at level 50 with Drill Peck. All in all, this thing is a baller but I'm not the one who put it up for noms. I appreciate Victoria letting me keep Ditto around. I killed Oddish for Mewtwo but I think I earned a little bit of grace lol.

Save Ditto

updated Zapdos write-up with spoilers at the end

pokemon laughing GIF

I almost forgot about this so I better get this in before I forget. This cut does not please me at all but I do prefer Bulbasaur to Venusaur. Venusaur is from Gen 1 and is the evolved form of Bulbasaur to Ivysaur to Venusaur. It’s a grass type, I believe. It has a huge flower on its top. I like the whole Bulbasaur lines but Venusaur is my least favorite so that’s why I chose to cut it between the two. I’ll make this better and add more to it when im not on my phone.

save Bulbasaur 

1 hour ago, .Rei said:

@totes4totesis up with her nominations and they must include 10 Pokemon!

@1234567890, @NGM, @Steven_, @Solaris and @hayden98will be cutting and saving!

On 4/6/2021 at 1:57 PM, totes4totes said:

plz 0 people sign up for me so i don't have to do noms.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I have some work and errands to do so my noms will be up later.

• Haha 1

I watched a futbol game with four (4) red cards in the span of about 5 minutes. The game ended 10v9 with only 1 coach on the field. So I came to my noms with that energy:

00003700861976-0860.jpg

(Who would have thought that move deserved two red cards!!!!!!! LOLOLOL.)

Alolan Ninetails

Alolan Vulpix

Corviknight

Decidueye

Galarian Ponyta

Starmie

Sylveon

Tyranitar

Umbreon

Vikavolt

Vikavolt

There Will Be Bugs” — Aggro Vikavolt V for the POG — SixPrizes

Vikavolt is a pretty cool Pokemon. It's actually not among my top bugs, but it's still pretty amazing! They evolve from Charjabug when leveled up in a magnetic field or with a thunder stone. Vikavolt has insanely high special attack, which is useful for its electric typing, but is super slow. Ooh, unsurprisingly, Vikavolt has the highest base special attack of all bug Pokemon. Vikavolt's Japanese name is Kuwagannon, which reminds me of that one red bug Digimon, which is pretty cool tbh. The name comes from kuwagatamushi (stag beetle) and cannon. Anyways, sorry to any fans of Vikavolt, but congrats to them making it this far!

Saving Umbreon

Galarian Ponyta

galarian ponyta | Tumblr | Types of fairies, Pokemon, Art reference

I am making the choice to save Sylveon over Starmie or Decidueye, as I believe of all my favorites, hopefully they will get saved.  If not well at least i tried! I will leave Tyranitar alone for Nico to save. I left so many of Megans other favorites alone.  That stops now :).  Galarian Ponyta is fine, its not Galarian Rapidash who is already gone.  So G-Ponyta can take off. Galarian Ponyta is a physical attacking psychic and fairy type.  Its basically a my little pony.  It does well with moves like Rough Play. I don't love this pokemon, so of these awful nominations this is the best choice.

Save: Sylveon

DECIDUEYE

tumblr_pveuymb1a51rd4ymxo1_500.gif

Classified as the Arrow Quill Pokémon, Decidueye is a dual Grass and Ghost type introduced in Gen VII. It is the final evolutionary form of Rowlet. Rowlet evolves into Dartrix at level 17 and then Dartrix evolves into Decidueye at level 34. Decidueye resembles an owl with a design inspired by Robin Hood. According to the Pokédex, Decidueye has exceptional archery skills. It can fire arrow quills from its wings with superb accuracy, and Decidueye can even strike a pebble at distances over a hundred yards. Its shots never miss. As for battles, Decidueye has fantastic offensive stats that make it useful for any team. Its Speed stat is average though, so trainers need to be mindful of that. Nonetheless, Decidueye is a pretty cool Pokémon. I had one on my Pokémon Sun team. I actually started with a Popplio, but I got a Rowlet through Wonder Trade very early in the game. So, I ended up having both Primarina and Decidueye on my team in my playthrough. I do like Decidueye, but I don't want to cut any of the other Pokémon remaining out of these nominations. So, sorry to any fans, but kudos to Decidueye on lasting this long in the rankdown.

Saving Alolan Ninetales. 

tumblr_ob8haotjxF1ttdkobo2_400.gifv

Edited by Steven_

Corviknight

600px-823Corviknight.png
I will improve this later since I'm kinda busy atm but I really like Corviknight, the regional bird concept is basically a staple (or a really tired concept that should be retired, depends on the generation) but when it's done right it can be really impactful (and actually useful in battle). First, the typing is phenomenal for defensive purposes (this isn't anything new, Skarmory put this typing combo on the map as a defensive powerhouse). Also the stats are so right, with a lot of defense and HP to make it a tank. Plus with access to good abilities and recovery in Roost, this basically can fill one of my fave archetypes: annoying wall. You can stall all day and make your opponent lose their mind in the process. It's a great pokemon, but I like the other 2 a lot too so I guess this is the way it had to go.

Save: Tyranitar

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Cycle 14 Posted (Megan's Noms)