Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

DRAGONAIR

5ef3346e86b598e8e3da6b72cae94c4b2e4b0b20

It’s not easy choosing to eliminate Dragonair from the rankdown, but I don’t see Dragonair surviving these nominations if I’m saving Lapras. So, I guess I’ll do the write-up. Classified as the Dragon Pokémon, Dragonair is a Dragon type introduced in Gen I. Dratini evolves into Dragonair at level 30 and then Dragonair evolves into Dragonite at level 55. According to the Pokédex, Dragonair is a gentle Pokémon and lives in large bodies of water. It has the power to control the weather, and it does this with its crystalline orbs. As for battles, Dragonair’s best stat is its Attack, and its abilities Marvel Scale and Shed Skin are useful too. I prefer Marvel Scale, especially since it will then have the Multiscale ability when it evolves into Dragonite. Dragonair is a majestic Pokémon and has always been one of my favorites. I’ve saved it from elimination multiple times throughout this game, but I’m letting Dragonair go to push bigger favorites of mine forward. I’m glad it managed to last this long in the rankdown though.

Saving Lapras.

original.gif

Edited by Steven_

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Cycle 14 Posted (Sola's Noms)

Zapdos

pokemon-personalities | Moltres pokemon, Zapdos pokemon, Pokemon gif

Zapdos is another classic example of an overrated Gen 1 Pokémon.

Zapdos is the worst of the three kanto bird, no questions asked. It looks pretty good in this GIF, but in regular pictures he is just a fat, spiky bird. I feel like getting things done, so let's just cut a big name.

I have waited FAR too long to finally get the chance to cut a member of this overrated legendary trio. I just want to credit Sola for nominating all Gen 1 Pokemon and allowing this masterpiece of an elimination to occur. Zapdos is the worst Gen 1 legendary design, by far. It literally has no redeeming qualities. It's not cute, it has a weird design, and it's overrated. I'm also not really a fan of Zapdos's yellow color, it's not really appealing, especially compared to the rest of the designs in the trio.

Zapdos is one of the most overrated legendaries, and one of the most overrated Pokemon in general. I'm so happy that I got the chance to cut it because I have been wanting to for a while. All Zapdos is is a yellow bird that can fly. Its design is the definition of weird and the fact that people prefer this to Articuno is... confusing... (preferring this over Moltres is understandable though) I just want to thank Sola for giving me the opportunity to fulfill my dreams.

I have been trying to cut the entire overrated bird trio line for what seems like DECADES. This line's fans have constantly trampled on the clear better legendary Pokemon for years, and yes, I'm going to take out my built up anger in an iInternet rankdown (I have great coping skills). This Pokemon was given far too much spotlight in the anime and it BRAINWASHED viewers and fans into thinking that this trio was the best.

What, is this my lucky day or something?!  This is one of, if not the, most overrated Pokémon EVER. It is an ugly bird with no redeeming qualities. But guess what, this monster gets the spotlight in the anime and everyone LOVES it for no reason at all. Its fanbase is convinced that this is the best legendary of the generation, which is WRONG. Thank you everyone for giving me the opportunity to cut this monster. This rankdown has been rid of this monstrous bird

I didn’t want to make a popular cut like this, but we take drastic measures when we feel attacked.  Zapdos is probably the most overrated Pokémon in Gen 1 (I’m using my iconic word AGAIN.) I just never got the hype. Articuno, that’s nice, that’s cute, Moltres, what in the world is that? Zapdos, overrated birdmonster. Zapdos got a Galarian form in Gen 8, which made it look cooler I guess. This cut will probably get a lot of backlash, but sometimes you just have to do big things to make an impact. 

Spoilers:

Okay, those are just write-ups by Bk with the names altered. I think it's Meowth, Charmeleon, Entei, Rayquaza, Chimchar, Infernape, and Tyranitar. 

Zapdos is an iconic Pokemon, probably the most iconic legendary besides Mewtwo. It has always been the most popular of the bird trio, and while not my personal favorite, it is still better than most Pokemon and better than a lot still left in our game. But I wanted to see Mew and some others survive so I thought I would help them out a bit by taking out some competition. Plus I think it's fitting that all the birds go out on the same round, and also it's hilarious that Moltres gets to be the winner. So if anyone was thinking that they would get Articuno and Moltres out of the way to make room for Zapdos, not this time lmao. Moltres, the worst one, maybe of all 6, is the highest ranked and the only one part of the Top 10 flying Pokemon. It'll be interesting to see who wins the top legendary Pokemon in our game. The remaining ones are mostly Pokemon that I dislike loooool oh well. 

Zapdos, the "Electric" Pokemon, is electric/flying dual type, and can be found at the abandoned Power Plant in Pokemon Red/Blue/etc. Zapdos, or AA-J, or "Battery Jesus" was an integral part of Twitch Plays Pokemon and beating the game. Zapdos has a fantastic design, maybe in the running for best design of all Pokemon. In the game, it comes out the box at level 50 with Drill Peck. All in all, this thing is a baller but I'm not the one who put it up for noms. I appreciate Victoria letting me keep Ditto around. I killed Oddish for Mewtwo but I think I earned a little bit of grace lol.

Save Ditto

Edited by FrogLenzen
  • Like 1

5e2d62f5d1d721bad94a245102c58bab.gif

Moltres

Bring back Old IDF so I can use the same write-up!!!! I’m working on a lego Baby Yoda right now and watching tbe Drag Race UK2 finale right now so I want to squeeze this in to save Mew.

I’ve never been a huge bird inspired Pokémon fan but I feel the legendary birds are maybe the best but at the same time they are birds. Moltres is a fire bird and it’s name is like molten (like hot lava) and molt (like a bird) and the Spanish “tres” indicating it’s the third in the bird trio. I will say it’s quite memorable looking for it on Victory Road and that’s a fond memory from when I was a child. And a lot of Pokémon don’t have that. It’s a tough set of Pokémon left but I’ve gotta save Mew. 

Saving: Mew

Edited by totes4totes