The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

6 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Not to discredit Dana, but that’s just not true. Ryleigh’s performance literally sounded identical to her studio

there was a moment that she was pitchy for a second go to her voice performance in the playoffs at 1:31 where I am pretty sure that she was pitchy for a second (correct me if I am wrong) but that’s literally just small potatoes.she still should have gotten PV

7 minutes ago, Angeles said:
17 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

Dana had an amazing performance, but Ryleigh? Rachel? Jordan? Anna? Cam? 

They had really good overall performances but I am pointing out that Dana was consistently on pitch and didn’t have an off moment even in the slightest . out of all the names mentioned , I think Anna too was on pitch .

2 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

there was a moment that she was pitchy for a second go to her voice performance in the playoffs at 1:31 where I am pretty sure that she was pitchy for a second (correct me if I am wrong) but that’s literally just small potatoes.she still should have gotten PV

I’m no vocal expert, but I don’t think she was pitchy there lol. Regardless, it won’t do us any good nitpicking these performances, so let’s just end it here.

By the way I love all your song suggestions for the Kelly/Corey duet !

I wish they do some non-finalists/coach duets (like Gwen/Hunter) instead of  bringing Kane Brown and Dan + Shay for the thousandth time, cause I’d love to hear Gihanna/Kelly (When You Believe is a great idea) and Pia/John with some Stevie

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AliXRose said:

cause I’d love to hear Gihanna/Kelly (When You Believe is a great idea) 

You will get to hear it. That’s the song Gihanna wants to do. Let’s not assume she won’t be in the finale.

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Kenzie Dana Cam

Corey Rachel Pia

Gihanna Jordan Victor

The slayage of Dana and Cam though, I'm not ready for it- jk

this could honestly work, Pia's pretty diverse as an artist

I mean Gih wanted Vic as one of who she wants to have a duet with, so.. 🤪

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AliXRose said:

I wish they do some non-finalists/coach duets (like Gwen/Hunter) instead of  bringing Kane Brown and Dan + Shay for the thousandth time, cause I’d love to hear Gihanna/Kelly (When You Believe is a great idea) and Pia/John with some Stevie

YES PLEASE

1 minute ago, sydneysam said:

The slayage of Dana and Cam though, I'm not ready for it- jk

this could honestly work, Pia's pretty diverse as an artist

I mean Gih wanted Vic as one of who she wants to have a duet with, so.. 🤪

I remembered last season’s trios when they put the three TCOs together and pimp them with a good song choice.

I agree that Pia would fit anywhere, versatile queen !

No matter what, I don’t think Gihanna will sing with Rachel cause TPTB love to troll us lmao

• Sad 1

Hot take: only one of Gihanna or Rachel will advance. Even though they are both good young performers, I think I can guess which one is gonna be. 

The real problem here is Corey vs Jordan. Even though Corey has been much more consisent with Facebook support, Jordan got himself a pass with his last performance. 

I feel like next week the ones to watch are certainly Kenzie, Jordan and Corey, in order to see who will navigate the competition better. Kelly is always pitching how she knows how to navigate a vocal competition. The CS/WC spot was the perfect example of that. I'll be expecting a surprise. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Misirlou said:

A Nick and Rachel duet (A folksy pop song. "Falling Slowly" would be good).

3 hours ago, sydneysam said:

Suddenly remembered Addison and Adam's beautiful duet 😍

Yeah that was my first thought too! Rachel would be following in Addison's footsteps 🙂

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Apparently Blake picked "Let it Go" for Anna Grace.

I thought this is a great song for her, she absolutely killed it vocally. I liked the more sparse arrangement since it let her softer vocals shine more. I also think that she placed her runs and vocal tricks really well in this performance.

45 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

Hot take: only one of Gihanna or Rachel will advance. Even though they are both good young performers, I think I can guess which one is gonna be. 

The real problem here is Corey vs Jordan. Even though Corey has been much more consisent with Facebook support, Jordan got himself a pass with his last performance. 

I feel like next week the ones to watch are certainly Kenzie, Jordan and Corey, in order to see who will navigate the competition better. Kelly is always pitching how she knows how to navigate a vocal competition. The CS/WC spot was the perfect example of that. I'll be expecting a surprise. 

I will say that I think that Kelly picked Gihanna just because her T17 performance was more consistent. Don't get me wrong, I think that Corey's performance was VERY good, but he took more risks imo, and he succeeded on most parts, but missed slightly on a few others. Gihanna picked a pretty difficult song and sounded pretty much identical (I thought even better) to her studio. This isn't to discredit Corey's performance, which was great, but I do think that IDF assuming Kelly's choice of Gihanna was merely strategy is somewhat of a reductive assumption. 

All in all, no one really knows what she did (including me of course), so at the end of the day I can't say y'all are wrong and I can't say y'all are right. Since I don't know why she did what she did, all I can do is be happy that Corey and Gihanna both made it through, they both 100% deserved to make the Top 9! :wub:

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I will say that I think that Kelly picked Gihanna just because her T17 performance was more consistent. Don't get me wrong, I think that Corey's performance was VERY good, but he took more risks imo, and he succeeded on most parts, but missed slightly on a few others. Gihanna picked a pretty difficult song and sounded pretty much identical (I thought even better) to her studio. This isn't to discredit Corey's performance, which was great, but I do think that IDF assuming Kelly's choice of Gihanna was merely strategy is somewhat of a reductive assumption. 

All in all, no one really knows what she did (including me of course), so at the end of the day I can't say y'all are wrong and I can't say y'all are right. Since I don't know why she did what she did, all I can do is be happy that Corey and Gihanna both made it through, they both 100% deserved to make the Top 9! :wub:

I think she often makes her save decisions and battle and KO choices based on personal preference rather than strategy. IMO, Gihanna was the likely choice all along.  If she would have had a rough performance, things might have been different. Everything being equal, it was always going to be Gihanna. She protects her TCO at all costs, and does whatever she wants with the rest, even if it’s unpopular. Blake does the same thing. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 4