The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

6 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Unpopular? :P Not gonna lie, Zania’s clip was good, but I don’t get all the hype. I was so hyped for her battle after that clip and it turned out to be good, but nothing extraordinary. 

The clip of her battle was the best part or one of the best parts, so I see why. I look forward to her KO not only b/c that clip was excellent but also because the song seems to fit Zania perfectly. Whether or not the rest is as much of a firecracker vocal as the part we saw, I think I'll be very happy with it. 

1 minute ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Just asked on Andrew and Raine's IG live if either one of them had been uncomfortable to not play the guitar during their battle

Raine said that she's not uncomfortable since she's done it before a couple of times, while Andrew stated he adjusted a little bit because he haven't performed in a while without the guitar

so that basically answers the statements about Raine and her guitar thing during the battle

oh wow it was vice versa then. also, good to see they're doing the live w each other and that there's no hard feelings! i've said it so many times, but i really do appreciate the contestants from this season. i'm sure the pressure of the competition setting is a lot, so it's so cool to see many of them continue to be good friends (at least from what we see on sm). 

Edited by QueenCami

Just now, Gustavo527 said:

Which is the difference between "trashing" and "giving an opinion"? Just asking

Trashing is straight up giving an artist an unreasonable low grade, like a 0 for example despite them not going off pitch, falling off the stage or doing something terribly that would deserve that grade. Or referring to their performances as "disgusting" , "yuck", including other derogative adjectives.

If you are giving an opinion, you can say you don´t like an artists voice, or their style, and that´s fine, but at the same time you are recognizing that while the artist is not for you, they can appeal to other people, hence, you are not disregarding their work. For example, I didn´t like the Anna/Ainae and the Rio/Carolina battles, they missed the mark for me, but I´m glad they are recieving support from others on IDF.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

As much as I generally try to be optimistic about this show, it was kind of nice to come in with pretty low expectations for this episode and then have that turn around so much to me loving most of the performances today! Although I preferred last episode in terms of performances themselves, the experience of watching today's episode probably matched it for me b/c of the low expectations I had going in from the source comments.

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

oh wow it was vice versa then. also, good to see they're doing the live w each other and that there's no hard feelings! i've said it so many times, but i really do appreciate the contestants from this season. i'm sure the pressure of the competition setting is a lot, so it's so cool to see many of them continue to be good friends (at least from what we see on sm). 

Andrew and Raine's good friends! Andrew's so cute/genuine and Raine's super nice/fun. I reaaally love the friendship of them all. Also look at the photo below, aren't they cute? LMAO

Screenshot-2021-04-13-10-38-07-50.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Andrew and Raine's good friends! Andrew's so cute/genuine and Raine's super nice/fun. I reaaally love the friendship of them all. Also look at the photo below, aren't they cute? LMAO

Screenshot-2021-04-13-10-38-07-50.jpg

If I didn't run out of reactiosn earlier today, I would have "heart"ed this post. This is so sweet! It's good to know they're good friends. Also, I love that hat, for a bit I thought it was a filter until I saw the comment saying "GIMME THAT D-MN HAR RAINE" LMAO, iconic

• Haha 1

Someone in this thread asked about the margin here. The only one I can think of that might have been close to this was Brynn’s KO win. I still can’t believe that many people voted for JD. Maybe the app is rigged to make it look closer than it is, rather than have it totally pegged in one direction. 

gd6s1LM.png

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Trashing is straight up giving an artist an unreasonable low grade, like a 0 for example despite them not going off pitch, falling off the stage or doing something terribly that would deserve that grade. Or referring to their performances as "disgusting" , "yuck", including other derogative adjectives.

If you are giving an opinion, you can say you don´t like an artists voice, or their style, and that´s fine, but at the same time you are recognizing that while the artist is not for you, they can appeal to other people, hence, you are not disregarding their work. For example, I didn´t like the Anna/Ainae and the Rio/Carolina battles, they missed the mark for me, but I´m glad they are recieving support from others on IDF.

I didn't knew what you were talking about until i checked the IDF's ratings thread...Yikes 😬

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Someone in this thread asked about the margin here. The only one I can think of that might have been close to this was Brynn’s KO win. I still can’t believe that many people voted for JD. Maybe the app is rigged to make it look closer than it is, rather than have it totally pegged in one direction. 

gd6s1LM.png

anyone have a screenshot from Brynn's KO? I know it was forever ago, but now I'm curious.

I think it's possible that each big tick represents ~16.6% of the votes. So, that would imply that Kenzie got ~75% of the votes, if that's correct. I think it's possible he got even more though, which might mean my proposed model is wrong. 

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

anyone have a screenshot from Brynn's KO? I know it was forever ago, but now I'm curious.

I think it's possible that each big tick represents ~16.6% of the votes. So, that would imply that Kenzie got ~75% of the votes, if that's correct. I think it's possible he got even more though, which might mean my proposed model is wrong. 

The more I think about it, her margin might have been even bigger. She slayed her song, and her opponent had a terrible rendition of “Girl Crush.” The screenshot died with the old platform. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Just now, VintageVoice said:

Me @ all y'all (most of whom are at least my age, if not likely older):

angry zach galifianakis GIF

Seriously, voicing your opinion is fine, but don't be an a**hole about it because we all have different tastes on here, which is part of what makes the discussions fun.

I think it's easy to forget, but some contestants read stuff here too, so it's also just coming from a place of consideration. Everyone's allowed their preferences! It's just that some criticisms can be said more kindly, I think. 

• Like 1

Just now, TeamAudra said:

The more I think about it, her margin might have been even bigger. She slayed her song, and her opponent had a terrible rendition of “Girl Crush.” 

I remember, her performance was excellent. I didn't mind Jamella's Girl Crush, but Brynn was just phenomenal there.

Just now, QueenCami said:

I remember, her performance was excellent. I didn't mind Jamella's Girl Crush, but Brynn was just phenomenal there.

It was one of the biggest KO blowouts we’ve seen in recent seasons for sure, and they buried it in the #2 spot in the second Tuesday KO episode. It was weird how they seemed to downplay it, and highlight a couple other people. 14 year olds aren’t supposed to be able to slay that song like that. 

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It was one of the biggest KO blowouts we’ve seen in recent seasons for sure, and they buried it in the #2 spot in the second Tuesday KO episode. It was weird how they seemed to downplay it, and highlight a couple other people. 14 year olds aren’t supposed to be able to slay that song like that. 

I'm not a fan of Brynn, but her KO was 100/10 👌

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Minivan is fawning over Kenzie and many already are calling him the winner. Some "Sorry Blake, but .." comments as well.

He had a good performance today. Makes sense. They'll probably freak out at his KO, 'cause it seems that that's his best performance of the pre-lives, but I'm not sure how they'll respond to the song choice.

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Minivan is fawning over Kenzie and many already are calling him the winner. Some "Sorry Blake, but .." comments as well.

Really expected his battle to get more traction.... but we’ll see how his KO goes

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Might be my favorite KO performance ever. :ph34rwave: Definitely my favorite performance of the season though. ^_^

• Like 4