The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

She chose Chloe on S13, a steal, but she impressed him big time. And according to the source, Anna didn´t seem to have done that to him. Not to mention, the sources said that Blake was looking for an indie girl and he tried to steal Ryleigh, so it seems as if Anna is occupying a space he needs in his playofffs team.

Damn. I wish she can have a Joanna Serenko trajectory, to a lesser extent

12 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Do you think there’s a chance Blake plays the diversity card just like Kelly last season and saves Anna ?

I know he’s loyal to his OGs but weirder things happened before

She's really gonna have to prove it to him if she wants his CS. 

Although WC is always on the table, if she can defeat one of Jordan or Pete.

But Blake will also have to let Anna pick the best song for herself, or else its just another bus from Blake. And we know how his hand will be if she's given a bad song.

I went and watched a few of Ethan's covers, and my guess is he did the same thing in his blinds as he does there (and did on the Tritt song). He's singing them in the key of the og, which is really at the top of his range. I think Blake, semi-accidentally, did him a favor in the battle when he chose a song that mostly kept Ethan at the lower end of his range, and then Ethan went right back to singing at the top end of his range in the KO. I suspect if he'd chosen a Trace or Josh Turner song, the results might've been different.  

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

And Avery was outdone by Ethan, which tells us all we need to know. 

But it appears that Avery did better than Ethan in the blind auditions and KOs. The battle was fairly even with Ethan having the advantage due to the song choice.

6 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

But it appears that Avery did better than Ethan in the blind auditions and KOs. The battle was fairly even with Ethan having the advantage due to the song choice.

We don’t really know how well Avery did in KO. Ethan was clearly better in battles. Yes that was in part song choice, but song choice also is part of why Ethan left in KO, and probably why Avery did well in blinds.

Edited by seak05

1 minute ago, seak05 said:

We don’t really know how well Avery did in KO. Ethan was clearly better in battles. Yes that was in part song choice, but song choice also is part of why Ethan left in KO, and probably why Avery did well in blinds.

Seems like they’re pretty even then until we hear how Avery did in the Knockout. 

12 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I went and watched a few of Ethan's covers, and my guess is he did the same thing in his blinds as he does there (and did on the Tritt song). He's singing them in the key of the og, which is really at the top of his range. I think Blake, semi-accidentally, did him a favor in the battle when he chose a song that mostly kept Ethan at the lower end of his range, and then Ethan went right back to singing at the top end of his range in the KO. I suspect if he'd chosen a Trace or Josh Turner song, the results might've been different.  

Ethan´s high register is not good to say the least. He´s way more comfortable with the low notes, which are something that his battle song call for, and yeah, that´s probably why he had success there.

If he was going sing Help Me Hold On, he should have lowered the key a half step, like Dave Fenley did in his blind, which allowed him to show more gravel, and that´s something Ethan does have.

• Like 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

Rachel getting the PV is a possibility depending on her playoff song choice and if the audience notes her improvement from bad blind to a great battle and KO. 

Dana is safe either way, she´s either PV or CS if she needs it.

What if Nick decides to save Andrew? :teeheewave: