The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

28 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

I’m curious, what controversies ? I’m also looking out for this performance, as far his song selection is on point !

FWIW, I don't think there's any hard feelings about the song now, she still performs it at concerts etc. When it was released, there was another song that goes by the name Halo (you may have heard of it?) that sounds suspiciously similar. What's the common thread between the two? Ryan Tedder (this is where there still may be hard feelings). Kelly writes the lyrics, Tedder brought the track. She was asked about the two songs in a little sidebar of a printed interview around the time AG was released and she said that the two of them had been working together, they wrote and recorded the song. He went to work with Beyonce sometime after their session, slightly tweaked the track he had worked on with Kelly, they wrote Halo. Halo was released before Kelly's album was, she heard the song and tried to get AG off the album but the label said it was too late to do that. She then didn't want it released as a single because she knew there'd be a "controversy" over it. It was released as a single. There was some controversy. Both were successful though. It should also be noted that Kelly was still having a hard time behind the scenes with Clive and RCA for this album and this didn't help anything.

I think it was noted that Corey is doing Sleeping At Last's version of the song? That's a great version. I'd be curious to know what Kelly's reaction to this was? I keep seeing people talk about Piece By Piece maybe being off-limits for obvious reasons, but to me, Already Gone might be right up there with that song in her discography that hit way different for her now.

Edited by roundtown
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, roundtown said:

I keep seeing people talk about Piece By Piece maybe being off-limits for obvious reasons, but to me,

I doubt it. She says the song has "new meaning to her now" cause she realizes that the person picking up the pieces is actually herself (which I thought the original meaning was supposed to be for some time lol)

6 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

"Cam KILLED it. Nothing more to say. Purely positive critiques. He is Blake’s frontrunner period. Cam received a standing ovation from the coaches. (He is probably Kenzie's biggest threat 🧐) "

Credits to @disney1024

For the record, everything EXCEPT what's in brackets is the source's comments. What I added in brackets is my personal opinion based on source feedback and the fact that Cam slayed his KO. I just want to be clear with that. 😅

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

For the record, everything EXCEPT what's in brackets is the source's comments. What I added in brackets is my personal opinion based on source feedback 😅

I know, but i think it was still worth it to be shared, because you are surely not wrong in what you said 😉

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, roundtown said:

FWIW, I don't think there's any hard feelings about the song now, she still performs it at concerts etc. When it was released, there was another song that goes by the name Halo (you may have heard of it?) that sounds suspiciously similar. What's the common thread between the two? Ryan Tedder (this is where there still may be hard feelings). Kelly writes the lyrics, Tedder brought the track. She was asked about the two songs in a little sidebar of a printed interview around the time AG was released and she said that the two of them had been working together, they wrote and recorded the song. He went to work with Beyonce sometime after their session, slightly tweaked the track he had worked on with Kelly, they wrote Halo. Halo was released before Kelly's album was, she heard the song and tried to get AG off the album but the label said it was too late to do that. She then didn't want it released as a single because she knew there'd be a "controversy" over it. It was released as a single. There was some controversy. Both were successful though. It should also be noted that Kelly was still having a hard time behind the scenes with Clive and RCA for this album and this didn't help anything.

I think it was noted that Corey is doing Sleeping At Last's version of the song? That's a great version. I'd be curious to know what Kelly's reaction to this was? I keep seeing people talk about Piece By Piece maybe being off-limits for obvious reasons, but to me, Already Gone might be right up there with that song in her discography that hit way different for her now.

Thank you 🙏 Well Kelly has a lot of emotional songs that she might feel uncomfortable with but I think Already Gone is okay it’s not about her dad or her ex d-bag. Obviously she liked it since Corey moved on, it should be covered more, Because of you and Piece by Piece are a little bit overdone.

2 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Ironically, Avery is the only member of Team Kelly to be eliminated in the KOs. The other two defeated contestants were stolen by other coaches. 😅

It’s the "Andrew is the only battle steal still in the competition" that puzzles me lol

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

I’m curious, what controversies ? I’m also looking out for this performance, as far his song selection is on point !

Well, that's an oldie. Basically, Ryan Tedder wrote two songs around the same period: Already Gone and Halo. One he sold to Kelly, the other, of course, went to Beyoncé. Considering the songs are very similar, Kelly didn't wanted on her album but the label forced her to release as a single. She still sings the song, but there's a bit of bitterness on her part.  

Edited by SNI2

5 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

Well, that's an oldie. Basically, Ryan Tedder wrote two songs around the same period: Already Gone and Halo. One he sold to Kelly, the other, of course, went to Beyoncé. Considering the songs are very similar, Kelly didn't wanted on her album but the label forced her to release as a single. She still sings the song, but there's a bit of bitterness on her part.  

Thank you !

Lmao I ran out of reactions, I heard about it but didn’t know it was an actual thing

• Like 1