DWTS 29 Week 2 Discussion Thread

*Lily

Ahh yeah I’m not sure if I’ll catch everything live tonight either :( But hoping for a good result too!

Part of me is still interested to see if Carole gets the votes tonight...I’m leaning towards expecting her to survive, but if she went home first I don’t actually think I’d be too surprised. So I’m interested to see how it goes :haha:

Word got out about Nev and Jenna dancing to a BTS song and it seems as if their fans already managed to find some problematic old posts by Jenna...

That fanbase usually manages to spread things pretty wide too on social media so it’s already got a few hundred RTs. Idk if it’ll spread much further, but still, disappointing!

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

Ahh yeah I’m not sure if I’ll catch everything live tonight either :( But hoping for a good result too!

Part of me is still interested to see if Carole gets the votes tonight...I’m leaning towards expecting her to survive, but if she went home first I don’t actually think I’d be too surprised. So I’m interested to see how it goes :haha:

Aww I understand. :( 

I'm curious about this too. I do feel like she'll be safe for a few weeks but omggg if she really goes first. :dead: There goes all of the controversy buzz the producers crave for. :dead: Although it would be nice to see actual good dancers getting the buzz and media coverage that she's taking over. So I wouldn't be against Carole going first. :haha: 

40 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Word got out about Nev and Jenna dancing to a BTS song and it seems as if their fans already managed to find some problematic old posts by Jenna...

That fanbase usually manages to spread things pretty wide too on social media so it’s already got a few hundred RTs. Idk if it’ll spread much further, but still, disappointing!

Oooh yikes. Those BTS fans are something else. :dead: I'd like to think it wouldn't affect them too much. Like I doubt it will prevent the actual Nev and Jenna fans from voting for them. They just won't get as much of a BTS fans only vote that could help. :haha: 

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

Me going to Twitter to look up what posts they're talking about:

peter griffin work GIF

Here's what I've found

-In 2012, she made a tweet about the Olympics and essentially mocked (for lack of a better word) the language. (I don't know which one it was supposed to be since 2012 was held in the UK.)

-She did that thing where she called herself "too hood" while wearing baggy clothes back in 2014 or 2015.

-And apparently her freestyle with Adam Rippon is now going viral for being cultural appropriation, as if we haven't already hated that freestyle since it first occurred.

3 hours ago, *Lily said:

They went through that effort just because their song is being used on dwts? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, *Wallace said:

I'm curious about this too. I do feel like she'll be safe for a few weeks but omggg if she really goes first. :dead: There goes all of the controversy buzz the producers crave for. :dead: Although it would be nice to see actual good dancers getting the buzz and media coverage that she's taking over. So I wouldn't be against Carole going first. :haha: 

Oooh yikes. Those BTS fans are something else. :dead: I'd like to think it wouldn't affect them too much. Like I doubt it will prevent the actual Nev and Jenna fans from voting for them. They just won't get as much of a BTS fans only vote that could help. :haha: 

Yeah it's SO hard to tell :dead: From what I've seen teased they're giving her the emotional VT this week so I do wonder how that'll go down. Whether it'll help or if it'll backfire. :haha:

Yeah I don't see it affecting them too much either. I think it only would do so if it spread even wider... but saying that, I still don't think it would stop their fans from voting :haha:

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

-In 2012, she made a tweet about the Olympics and essentially mocked (for lack of a better word) the language. (I don't know which one it was supposed to be since 2012 was held in the UK.)

This is the one I saw :/ 

39 minutes ago, aliasocfan said:

They went through that effort just because their song is being used on dwts? 

They're known to be pretty... vocal when it comes to anything involving the band from what I've seen :haha: (Although idk if they pulled up the same old Hannah controversies when she danced to their song last year... but I wouldn't be surprised 🙈)

Twitter stans are their own brand of crazy and it’s scary.

Jenna hasn’t said anything about this yet and people are demanding for her to apologize. I feel like she needs to address the situation once the craziness of show night is over or this could get even worse for her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, *Amanda said:

Twitter stans are their own brand of crazy and it’s scary.

Jenna hasn’t said anything about this yet and people are demanding for her to apologize. I feel like she needs to address the situation once the craziness of show night is over or this could get even worse for her.

Really is best to get ahead of it. 

Apologize for it and show you are a better person now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, *Lily said:

Of course she will survive! It's DWTS.

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

Me going to Twitter to look up what posts they're talking about:

peter griffin work GIF

Here's what I've found

-She did that thing where she called herself "too hood" while wearing baggy clothes back in 2014 or 2015.

-And apparently her freestyle with Adam Rippon is now going viral for being cultural appropriation, as if we haven't already hated that freestyle since it first occurred.

Thanks for doing the research. I was expecting far worse than this given her background. :dead: