4 KOs

pauwis

21 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Why? Songland is awesome. 

Sure....the art of songwriting and introductions to unknown artists is pretty awesome....but it's not like Songland is a hit machine.  Unless they watch I doubt anyone cares about it.  The winning songs are kinda like Voice winners...inconsequential to the rest of the music world. 😜

2 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

Why? Songland is awesome. 

I'm not necessarily mocking Songland songs. It was a meme based on Todd Michael Hall's song choice last season: One Republic's "Somebody to Love". Everybody thought that his song was the well-known Queen song, but it ended up being a Songland track that, to make things worse, didn't fit Todd's style at all. One of the most blatantly obvious and successful bussing attempts that I can think of. :haha:

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, echoap said:

I'm not necessarily mocking Songland songs. It was a meme based on Todd Michael Hall's song choice last season: One Republic's "Somebody to Love". Everybody thought that his song was the well-known Queen song, but it ended up being a Songland track that, to make things worse, didn't fit Todd's style at all. One of the most blatantly obvious and successful bussing attempts that I can think of. :haha:

Yep, the worst part is that his playoffs song was supposed to be "More than a Feeling" by Boston, he did a cover of it in his IG and nailed it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yep, the worst part is that his playoffs song was supposed to be "More than a Feeling" by Boston, he did a cover of it in his IG and nailed it.

And unlike previous artists that've attempted it on the show, his range is ridiculous enough he can pull it off - not surprising he nailed it on IG. Now I'm kinda mad we didn't get to see that on TV.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, echoap said:

He would have slayed with Queen's Somebody to Love. Despite Michael's "breakout moment" (ugh ew), Todd probably would have beaten him. And let's not forget that based on performances [and not improvement 🤢], loRriNg sTarR deserved to move on. Just cause Michael had a horrendous BA and improved from there does not mean he was worthy of the lives. 

Edited by ashwinner
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

He would have slayed with Queen's Somebody to Love. Despite Michael's "breakout moment" (ugh ew), Todd probably would have beaten him. And let's not forget that based on performances [and not improvement 🤢], loRriNg sTarR deserved to move on. Just cause Michael had a horrendous BA and improved from there does not mean he was worthy of the lives. 

Tbh, as much as I wanted to stan Samantha or Loring Starr she never really impressed. BA was good but a few off moments for sure. In Battles Megan was much better and her KO was just okay. I know this probably belongs to the unpop thread sorry not sorry

• Like 1

Samantha was fantastic in her 4-way KO and outsold everyone. Her BA showed her potential, and her Battle emphasized her power, she stepped up in the KO too. She went big when needed, and held back to tell the story.

How she didn't get the save is beyond me, but minivan loves when boys show emotion, so congrats to Michael's basic rendition lol. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, antikid said:

Tbh, as much as I wanted to stan Samantha or Loring Starr she never really impressed. BA was good but a few off moments for sure. In Battles Megan was much better and her KO was just okay. I know this probably belongs to the unpop thread sorry not sorry

1 hour ago, QueenMae16 said:

Samantha was fantastic in her 4-way KO and outsold everyone. Her BA showed her potential, and her Battle emphasized her power, she stepped up in the KO too. She went big when needed, and held back to tell the story.

How she didn't get the save is beyond me, but minivan loves when boys show emotion, so congrats to Michael's basic rendition lol. 

I agree with both of these. She didn't show off too much power, and you could tell that she was reaching her limit in the battles. I did like her far more than the others in the KO, but that's because the other performances were mediocre-disastrous. I personally like her style of going kind of softish, but I can see why it can deter potential fans (Mandi C. had the same issue of not being able to be more powerful, and she was not too well liked on here).

(also, I love your signature QueenMae)

Edited by ashwinner
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ashwinner said:

5 hours ago, antikid said:

I was like "who the heck is Loring Starr?" :whut:

Now I get it :haha:

1 hour ago, echoap said:

I was like "who the heck is Loring Starr?" :whut:

Now I get it :haha:

Yeah, of all the names she could have made up..... 😂

In all honesty, I wanted her to do well on the show, but she was just a little off in her battle and KO. This season’s 4-way KO will be much more difficult to win. 

VGeKMmz.jpg

9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, of all the names she could have made up..... 😂

In all honesty, I wanted her to do well on the show, but she was just a little off in her battle and KO. This season’s 4-way KO will be much more difficult to win. 

VGeKMmz.jpg

Yeah, Loring peaked in her blind, went downhill after that.

Rumor has it her fan thread was very entertaining though 😂

• Haha 7

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/13/2020 at 12:38 AM, Spurrious said:

I'm looking for Julia to take on an Ellish song.  Pretty sure Minivan will not approve but I think that would work for her artistically.

Well, I think I kinda nailed this. 

• Like 5