4 KOs

pauwis

12 minutes ago, pauwis said:

¿Qué canción deberían cantar para ganar 4KOs S19?

"What song should the artists sing to win the 4-way KOs in Season 19?" 

For Team Blake - she'll need a country song and something with good range (she has a lot of it, so showing that off could help); Faith Hill, Carrie Underwood, or Martina McBride would be good, but she already did Martina in her blind audition, so if we go in the Faith Hill lane "Breathe" is a classic, as is "The Way You Love Me" - if she goes with Carrie, "Jesus Take The Wheel" would be good for an emotional, tender moment to follow a sassier battle round choice, and of Carrie's more recent songs "Cry Pretty" could be good. As an 18+ female country artist, she's got a longer shot than normal from Team Blake to win it but if Team Blake takes to her she should do well.

For Team Gwen - Any pop/R&B songs that aren't too mature for her age would work well, but since we don't know what she sang for her blind I'm going to refrain from putting a song choice for now.

For Team Kelly - I don't know nearly as much about him, but if he can handle a Celine song in the battle rounds he could be good on something pop-ballady so Adele would work well if he chooses to do another female artist's song. "One and Only" comes to mind - I wanted to say "When We Were Young" or "All I Ask" but I didn't want to turn him into Billy Gilman 2.0.

For Team Legend - she's classically trained and has done both Maggie Rogers and Stevie Wonder so far. She's the hardest to pin down stylistically because of this, but something that may have been done by artists in a similar vein on the show (but not in Season 18) would be interesting. Unfortunately, no good songs come to mind off the top of my head - eclectic artists are difficult to pick songs for but fun to have on the show since they can do a lot of different things.

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

How do four-way knockouts work again? Does each artist sing their own song? Who decides the winner? 

Everyone sings their own song, then the audience votes for a winner - TBD if that changes for this season since a 4-way KO has only happened once before on the show.

6 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

For Team Blake - she'll need a country song and something with good range (she has a lot of it, so showing that off could help); Faith Hill, Carrie Underwood, or Martina McBride would be good, but she already did Martina in her blind audition, so if we go in the Faith Hill lane "Breathe" is a classic, as is "The Way You Love Me" - if she goes with Carrie, "Jesus Take The Wheel" would be good for an emotional, tender moment to follow a sassier battle round choice, and of Carrie's more recent songs "Cry Pretty" could be good. As an 18+ female country artist, she's got a longer shot than normal from Team Blake to win it but if Team Blake takes to her she should do well.

I definitely agree with this. I think Jesus Take the Wheel would be a great choice. 😊 I’m wondering if Natural Woman by Aretha Franklin would be a good choice for her. 🤔 I feel like staying in the country lane would be best for her, but I feel like she could totally slay that song. 

6 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Everyone sings their own song, then the audience votes for a winner - TBD if that changes for this season since a 4-way KO has only happened once before on the show.

Is the audience the one that is in the studio?

Edited by Bk1234

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

I definitely agree with this. I think Jesus Take the Wheel would be a great choice. 😊 I’m wondering if Natural Woman by Aretha Franklin would be a good choice for her. 🤔 I feel like staying in the country lane would be best for her, but I feel like she could totally slay that song. 

Is the audience the one that is in the studio?

That's a song direction I hadn't considered but it could work - I doubt it'll happen but I've been wrong before.

Nope, the audience at home does the voting.

• Like 1

I would totally go for some Faith Hill for Team Blake's vocalist. I still would like them to try "Cry", but if they want something different, go for "There You'll Be" they have the range and power to pull it off. 

I wouldn't go outside of the country lane, I know they can slay outside of country, but for the votes they better stick to country. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

I would totally go for some Faith Hill for Team Blake's vocalist. I still would like them to try "Cry", but if they want something different, go for "There You'll Be" they have the range and power to pull it off. 

I wouldn't go outside of the country lane, I know they can slay outside of country, but for the votes they better stick to country. 

Since Blake compared her to Cassadee, who sang "Cry" in S3 Finale, I guess she would sound great covering that Faith Hill song. I would say "Over You" would be a good song for her to cover if they don't mind Miranda Lambert songs.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, season1 said:

Since Blake compared her to Cassadee, who sang "Cry" in S3 Finale, I guess she would sound great covering that Faith Hill song. I would say "Over You" would be a good song for her to cover if they don't mind Miranda Lambert songs.

"Over You" would be the ultimate country-ballad I'd say, but its Miranda, and Blake won't stan. Although if we go in the country-pop kind of side, I would like the vocalist to try "Burning House" we had plenty of battles of it, but I would like a solo vocal performance in the KO or live shows again. This vocalist can outperform Emily Ann and Chris Kroeze easily, so it would be perfect for an artist like them.

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Spurrious said:

Estoy buscando a Julia para interpretar una canción de Ellish. Estoy bastante seguro de que Minivan no lo aprobará, pero creo que eso funcionaría para ella artísticamente.

Si quería salir de sí misma y realmente ir a por ello, " Cardigan" podría ser una buena opción.

Yes, i think the same, also listened his cover Stay With Me and it could work very well

Taryn will probably get one of these songs and they’ll force her to say she chose it. What do they have in common? They’re all bus songs served up by Blake Shelton. This is just a partial list. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

"Over You" would be the ultimate country-ballad I'd say, but its Miranda, and Blake won't stan. Although if we go in the country-pop kind of side, I would like the vocalist to try "Burning House" we had plenty of battles of it, but I would like a solo vocal performance in the KO or live shows again. This vocalist can outperform Emily Ann and Chris Kroeze easily, so it would be perfect for an artist like them.

Totally agree. "Burning House" in itself is an amazing song, and it feels like every performer I've heard on it has had one of their better performances be that round (even Chris was somewhat good on that song!). I think she could kill it with that, although if she can make it through the 4 way KO, I'd prefer she save it for T8/9 or at the least, T17

Now for a more serious analysis:

Last season we all unanimously thought that Michael Williams was toast but, shockingly enough, he was given the better song choice and won the 4-way KO quite handily. So I guess this time isn't going to be that much different. 

That said here's my power ranking:

Taryn - Obvious favorite, on paper at least. There's a chance the audience might be willing to support Taryn, due to the unfair nature of a 3vs1 pairing.

Larriah - Just found out that this girl is only 15. A combination of tone, age and genre makes her a strong favorite as well. 

Julia - The battle song choice clearly favored her battle partner. So, since she's been treated like fodder already, I don't see this situation changing anytime soon. Her genre doesn't help either. 

Ryan Gallagher - I couldn't make it past 10 seconds of his "All Of Me" cover, he's not particularly interesting tbqh. He's probably getting a Songland track.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, echoap said:

Now for a more serious analysis:

Last season we all unanimously thought that Michael Williams was toast but, shockingly enough, he was given the better song choice and won the 4-way KO quite handily. So I guess this time isn't going to be that much different. 

That said here's my power ranking:

Hide contents

Taryn - Obvious favorite, on paper at least. There's a chance the audience might be willing to support Taryn, due to the unfair nature of a 3vs1 pairing.

Larriah - Just found out that this girl is only 15. A combination of tone, age and genre makes her a strong favorite as well. 

Julia - The battle song choice clearly favored her battle partner. So, since she's been treated like fodder already, I don't see this situation changing anytime soon. Her genre doesn't help either. 

Ryan Gallagher - I couldn't make it past 10 seconds of his "All Of Me" cover, he's not particularly interesting tbqh. He's probably getting a Songland track.

one of the most interesting people in the 4 way KO (I'd say the most interesting) got the Songland song last time, so it's possible that Taryn or Julia gets a Songland song to bus them and give the other the win?

10 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

one of the most interesting people in the 4 way KO (I'd say the most interesting) got the Songland song last time, so it's possible that Taryn or Julia gets a Songland song to bus them and give the other the win?

Probably Taryn since if they go in chair order like last time she's gonna go first anyway, might as well throw her under the bus extra hard since Blake won last season.

Just now, VintageVoice said:

Probably Taryn since if they go in chair order like last time she's gonna go first anyway, might as well throw her under the bus extra hard since Blake won last season.

That's possible, I don't know whether they'd care how far she got unless she takes up a spot in the Finale, so they could choose to block her off here, bus her in the T8/9/17, or they may let her go to the finale if they wanna support her. Honestly i have no idea

31 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

Where did people get the idea that they have committed to using a Songland song going forward? Has Songland even filmed a new season that they need to cross-promote?

38 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Where did people get the idea that they have committed to using a Songland song going forward? Has Songland even filmed a new season that they need to cross-promote?

I assumed it was somewhat of a metaphor for just a bad song choice, but even if it weren't, Songland would want some promotion. I have no knowledge on the topic.

Edited by ashwinner
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

I think it's just used as as a synonym for a mediocre song no one knows and/or cares about. 

• Like 3