Winners' Crowning moments

Hamza Tufail

Sawyer, Jordan and Alison’s audition made them win

- Maelyn’s performance of Mad World made her a front runner, and The Scientist solidified that.

- Jake Hoot won during “Cover Me Up” because that’s when we realized he is Kelly’s secret weapon. Same thing happened in Chevel and Brynn’s knockout.

S7 - CWB: Probably his KO, because so much was made of the Gwen makeover and double steal. I could sense that his support grew a lot overnight. He won that KO, BTW. 

S8 - Sawyer: 10 seconds into his audition. From that point, everyone else was fighting for 2nd place. 

S9 - Jordan: Probably his audition 

S10 - Alisan: Her audition. This was the last time massive pimping in the pre-lives actually worked. 

S11 - Sundance: This is a tough one. Maybe his performance of “No One?” It’s the only song I downloaded all season. 

S12 - Chris: Finale pimp spot. Obviously, this one is controversial on IDF. 

S13 - Chloe: “Total Eclipse of the Heart”

S14: Brynn: Her KO. But, an argument can be made that she was the frontrunner from day 1, because her social media gains far outpaced those of anyone else. 

S15: Chevel: Probably a combination of her KO, playoffs, and T12. Since her battle was montaged, I’d be hesitant to say it was the KO alone, but I think she was the frontrunner coming out of the playoffs. 

S16: Maelyn: Perhaps the Cross Battles, but she still had to fight off Gyth, so it’s hard to say for sure. 

I’m not sure for S6, S17, or S18. 

• Like 2

S1: Javier Colon~Angel

S2: Jermaine Paul~I Believe I can Fly

S3: Cassade Pope~Over You ( btw this is one of the if not the  most sold song in the Voice's history ) 

S4: Danielle Bradbery~Pls Remember Me ( I'm not sure but this was the performance where many people started to consider her as a front-runner )

S5: Tessanne Chin~Bridge Over Troubled Water ( All of her performances were slayages, Try was awesome but then again we also had Mathew's Cough Syrup and James' Love Interruption . Her KO was amazing but then again we also had Mathew's Cosmic Love and Will's WIWYM. She slayed her Live performances as well but then again we had Hallelujah[Mathew], At Last[Will] and A Case Of You[James]. BOTW was the performance where it became clear that she is going to win and she rightfully did.)

S6:Josh Kaufman~Stay With Me ( by far his best performance and also one of the best performances in the show's history )

S7: Craig Wayne Boyd~Can't You See/The Old Rugged Cross ( His Ko was the best KO of that season and he became a clear front-runner along with Matt. But then The Blower's Daughter[Matt] and WIWYM[Chris J] came out and it was a tough competition between these three and then TORC came and Craig really solidified his place at the top. )

S8: Sawyer Fredericks~I'm A Man Of Constant Sorrow ( Like Tess all of his performances were slayages but when he sang those first six words IN CONSTANT SORROW ALL THROUGH MY DAY It was game over for the rest of the contestants and just as @TeamAudra said everyone was fighting for the 2nd spot.

S9: Jordan Smith~Chandelier ( Same as Sawyer no one was winning after that )

Edited by Zainab Tufail
  • Like 1

From the seasons I´ve watched:

S5- Tessanne- "Bridge over Troubled Water". From the T10 on the season was pretty much a race between her and Jacquie Lee, but this pretty much cemented her win. Social media was going crazy with that performance. Even several Jacquie fans thought she killed it.

S6- Josh K- "Stay with Me" was his breakout moment, but I´d say he won the show with " All of Me", since Christina (RIP) had an off week and her chances flew out the water by then, while Josh kept accumulating Itunes bonuses and was all around fantastic.

S7- CWB -  His KO hinted that would be around for a while, but "The Old Rugged Cross", apart from being his best, was definitely his crowing moment. That was a great song choice that added to the benefit of being the only country guy left.

S8- Sawyer- His audition pretty much guaranteed his win, though many did think that Kimberly Nichole would have a chance of changing that. It didn´t eventually.

S9- Jordan- His audition as well, there was no chance anyone was winning that season and everyone knew that.

S10- Alisan- Her audition did it for her too.

S11- Sundance- "No One" got him his first Itunes bonus and the only one that week, which already was an advantage, so I´d say that was it.

S12- Chris-  "Rhythm Nation" was a showstopper and by far the most talked about performance of the finale. His win still came out a surprise though, everybody still thought Lauren had it.

S13- Chloe K. "Total Eclipse of the Heart". It was between her and Addison, but her T11 pimp spot performance cemented her win. That´s why her underwhelming finale night didn´t matter, she already had it in the bag.

S14- Brynn- "Here Comes Goodbye" won her the show, as pitchy as she was in the lives.

S15- Chevel- "Traveling Soldier" put her on the map, but I think it was around the T12´s "Little White Church" where everybody begin talking about her seriously winning the show. Because her win was still unexpected tbh, everything was pointing at Kirk.

S16- Maelyn- "The Scientist" did it for her. Gyth got the streaming bonus the previous week, and everybody still thought he had a chance of winning. But Maelyn´s top 13 performance changed that .She got the bonus and even more hype than usual.

S17- Jake Hoot- "Cover Me Up" was all he needed to win. 

S18- Todd - "Love, Me" solidified his winning position. Everybody was talking about it that night, and he certainly pulled America´s heartstrings.

^
The reason I think Chevel was the frontrunner coming out of the playoffs was because she dominated all of the social media stats. Then they put her at the top of the hour for the T13, and pimped her a little bit. Of course, it didn’t hurt that she was able to show more range and sass with LWC than she had previously. I noticed how loud the studio audience was after that performance, while most of IDF was in denial. 🙃 But, back to her KO...it’s hard to ignore 26 million views on FB, so who knows? Maybe that was it. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 4

S10: Alison~Blue Bayou ( This was by far the best audition of that season, she kind of stumbled in the mid-way through with performances like Cryin  and Stay With Me Baby but recovered with performances like Let Him Fly and Somewhere. )

S11: Sundance Head~He was going Head to Head with Billy every week , He was better in Top 12, 11 but Billy was better in SF. For me both were almost equal in Finale as well.

S12: Chris Blue~Superstition/Love On The Brain ( These two performances are vocally one of the best performances in the show's history. Every One was able to see Chris' full range.)

S13:Chloe Kohanski~Landslide/Total Eclipse Of The Heart ( Lanslide pretty much solidified her chances and TEOTH just confirmed her win )

S14: Brynn Cartelli~Here Comes Goodbye ( Even though Kyla had a killer KO but that was Brynn's season after that )

S15: Chevel Shephard~Travelin Soldier/Broken Hearts ( Her KO confirmed that she is going to be Kelly's Front-runner. I was picturing Chris as the winner but no doubt she had the best performance of the night in the FINALE, even better than Kennedy tbh. Broken Hearts was the first time that any of the contestant that season had a song at #1 spot on iTunes and I can totally see why. I used to not like her but after listening to her Voice's journey again and again she kinda grew on me. )

S16: Maelyn Jarmon~The Scientist ( Her PO performance wasn't that great as it should be, knowing how good vocally she is and Gyth had one of his best performances that night I Wanna Be Loved Liked That , Hence getting the bonus but Maelyn fought back and delivered her best performance in the top 13 although Fields Of Gold is close )

S17:Jake Hoot~Cover Me Up/Desperado ( Cover Me Up is my fav performance from him but at that time Katie, Rose, Max and Ricky were also dominating but once Desperado came out it became clear no matter how good Katie or Rose or Ricky do they aren't gonna beat Jake )

S18:~We've Got Tonight/Love Me ( He became a clear front-runner on Team Blake since his audition I mean his audition was very popular among Minivan. And you know a contestant is gonna do great if he gets  great support from  his home town, Minivan. And also he is very liked on IDF { he has the largest fan thread as of right now } and he also toped both Tv line and Mjs polls by a wide margin.His Ko performance was his best performance but his SF performance was the one in which it became clear that even if T-storm Artis had a little chance of winning he ain't gonna win after that. ) 

Edited by Zainab Tufail
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 10:56 PM, TeamAudra said:

it’s hard to ignore 26 million views on FB, so who knows? Maybe that was it. 

Oh Wow 26 million views on a KO performance that is a really good stat.I used to think how Kirk and Chris lost but now I came to the conclusion that Kirk had some real pitch issues during his live performances he used to miss the notes at worst possible places. And as for Chris Broken Hearts really knocked him down.

Edited by Zainab Tufail
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 10:26 PM, Misirlou said:

though many did think that Kimberly Nichole would have a chance of changing that. It didn´t eventually.

Lol , I know she was really liked here but for real people thought she stood a chance against Sawyer? I don't know what people saw in Kimberly she was just the weaker version of all the other AA Females( I Know I'm gonna be so hated due to this)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zainab Tufail said:

S10: Alison~Blue Bayou ( This was by far the best audition of that season, she kind of stumbled in the mid-way through with performances like Cryin  and Stay With Me Baby but recovered with performances like Let Him Fly and Somewhere. )

S11: Sundance Head~He was going Head to Head with Billy Every week he was better in Top 12, 11 but Billy was better in SF. For me both were almost equal in Finale as well.

S12: Chris Blue~Superstition/Love On The Brain ( These two performances are vocally one of the best performances in the show's history. Every One was able to see Chris' full range.)

S13:Chloe Kohanski~Landslide/Total Eclipse Of The Heart ( Lanslide pretty much solidified his chances and TEOTH just confirmed her win )

S14: Brynn Cartelli~Here Comes Goodbye ( Even though Kyla had a killer ieKO but that was Brynn's season after that )

S15: Chevel Shephard~Travelin Soldier/Broken Hearts ( Her KO confirmed that she is going to be Kelly's Front-runner. I was picturing Chris as the winner but no doubt she had the best performance of the night in the FINALE, even better than Kennedy tbh. Broken Hearts was the first time that any of the contestant that season had a song at #1 pot on iTunes and I can totally see why. I used to not like her but after listening to her Voice's journey she kinda grew on me. )

S16: Maelyn Jarmon~The Scientist ( Her PO performance wasn't that great as it should be, knowing how godd vocally she is and Gyth had one of his best performances that night I Wanna Be Loved Liked That , Hence getting the bonus but Maelyn fought back and delivered he best performance in the top 13 although Fields Of Gold is close )

S17:Jake Hoot~Cover Me Up/Desperado ( Cover Me Up is my fav performance from him but at that time Katie, Rose, Max and Ricky were also dominating but once Desperado came out it became clear no matter how old Katie or Rose or Ricky do they aren't gonna beat Jake )

S18:~We've Got Tonight/Love Me ( He became a clear front-runner on Team Blake since his audition I mean his audition was very popular among Minivan. And also you know a contestant is gonna do great if he gets some great support from  his home town, Minivan. And also is very liked on IDF { he has the largest fan thread as of right now } and also tops both Tv line and Mjs polls by a wide margin.His Ko performance was his best performance but his SF performance was the one in which it became clear that even if T-storm Artis had a little chance of winning he ain't gonna win after that. ) 

Some of these make me think you didn't watch most of the seasons when they were on

• Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 12:18 AM, antikid said:

Some of these make me think you didn't watch most of the seasons when they were on

I know you are referring the most to  S12 , here's a thing every one have their own way of judging and have their own point of view. I said what I felt I don't know what's wrong with this. You have your favs I have mine If you like something that I don't like and dislike something that I like then it's not my fault

Edited by Zainab Tufail
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I can really only answer this from S5 onwards.

Tessanne (S5): Bridge Over Troubled Water - I think she was a mid-packer for a while, but this basically guaranteed her the win. 

Josh (S6): All of Me - He was practically even with Christina at this point, but since she had an off-week during the semifinals this segmented Josh as the one to beat.

Craig (S7): The Old Rugged Cross - This was the only gospel song of the season and it gave Craig a boost that was practically unstoppable.

Sawyer (S8): I'm A Man of Constant Sorrow - He won the whole season during the first 5 seconds of this lol.

Jordan (S9): Chandelier - The same thing as Sawyer. As soon as he opened his mouth no one was stopping him.

Alisan (S10): Blue Bayou - This was honestly kinda hard to decide since I thought she was neck and neck with Adam (hence why I was kinda convinced to put Let Him Fly here), but considering the insanity that this audition was, it was a rather obvious choice.

Sundance (S11): Me and Jesus - No One basically guaranteed him a finale spot, but his lead wasn't big enough to be considered a victory lock. The fact that THIS hit #1 on iTunes (and this was a performance I have a strong dislike for because I found it extremely plain and irritating) basically meant Sundance was unstoppable.

Chris (S12): Rhythm Nation - He probably would have lost if he sang... well anything else (except maybe another gospel song). I thought he had a chance to win after this despite Lauren's monster of a seemingly unstoppable iTunes lead, and as soon as they said the voting was close I knew Chris took the win.

Chloe (S13): Landslide - I think this is what gave her a ton of fans that never stopped voting for her no matter how average she was.

Brynn (S14): Here Comes Goodbye - This was probably the most difficult one to decide since Brynn never really struck me as a "frontrunner", I had her pegged for 3rd place until finale night after all. That said, if something definitely put her on the radar it was this.

Chevel (S15): Little White Church - Another one that was pretty hard to decide. Travelin' Soilder was a huuuuge hit on Facebook as mentioned, but I think Little White Church is what put her in a great spot. Her support was extremely high for an uptempo song, and if that happens then ballads are more often than not just as high if not more.

Maelyn (S16): Stay - The Scientist was a breakout moment for her since it took her from "You're not beating Gyth sadly." to "COME ON BEAT GYTH INTO THE GROUND!" I put Stay on here because Gyth pandered EXTREMELY HARD for votes and yet Maelyn STILL outcharted him that weak and managed to get the streaming bonus again, which was HUGE. So huge in fact that it was basically game over. She didn't need Hallelujah to win, but it was essentially to say "Hey, I know that I'm the frontrunner and I am NOT risking losing it."

Jake (S17): Cover Me Up - He had no chance of losing after this. It gave him a fanbase that voted for him nonstop (not to mention his "stream the tar out of my song" advice for his live performances).

Todd (S18): Love, Me - Funnily enough, a guy I have described as a hardcore panderer managed to secure his win with a song that WASN'T gospel, lol. As soon as they showed his sleeping daughter on the camera it was game over.

I have to say, a lotta people mentioned Jake Hoot's "Cover Me Up," and despite the fact that I usually hate despise male country, I found that this was my guilty pleasure. If not for hearing Alisan's "Desperado" (and missing the high/loud note she hit), I would say that his cover of "Desperado" would contend with that. Honestly, S17 was stacked, but I agree that "Cover Me Up" was a standout performance that gave him the lock p much.

37 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

I have to say, a lotta people mentioned Jake Hoot's "Cover Me Up," and despite the fact that I usually hate despise male country, I found that this was my guilty pleasure. If not for hearing Alisan's "Desperado" (and missing the high/loud note she hit), I would say that his cover of "Desperado" would contend with that. Honestly, S17 was stacked, but I agree that "Cover Me Up" was a standout performance that gave him the lock p much.

I wasn´t that big on Jake that season, but "Cover Me Up" was phenomenal. I still listen to it every once in a while.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

S3 - Cassadee Pope's = Over You

S5 - Tessanne Chin = Bridge Over Troubled Water

S9 - Jordan Smith  = Lol his Audition 

S13/S14/15 - The 3 women's KO's did it for them, Chloe needed that Top 11 TEOTH though to give a slight edge on Addison.

S16 - Lol, Queen won in her audition, destroyed everyone in the X-Battles. Obliterated the Top 13 and Top 8 nights, and blew the country jamboree in the finale to another dimension! 

S17/S18 - Jake and Todd's KO did it over the unique artists of the seasons cause they appealed nicely to the southern housewives. 

S12 - Lauren Duski 🙃 = Won in her Semis, and wiped everyone clean with her original "Deja Vu" Blind Audition also gave her a boost as well.

From Season 5 on (plus Cassadee):
CassadeeOver You made her the one to beat, and Stupid Boy made it her season to lose.
Tessanne - Bridge Over Troubled Water cemented her place in the finale and solidified that she should be the winner, but since I saw a lot of hardcore Jacquie support I have to hand the "crowning moment" to I Have Nothing since it confirmed that Jacquie wasn't beating her out.

Josh - Stay With Me took him from "only" Usher's front runner to finale-bound, so I'll pick it.

CraigCan't You See got him back home where he was supposed to be (along with that makeover that inspired the #CougarsForCraig hashtag) and The Old Rugged Cross made sure he'd have no trouble getting into the finale. 

Sawyer - It has to be I'm a Man of Constant Sorrow because has anyone else won a season in one line of a song?

Jordan - Nobody was beating him after Chandelier but the gap became totally insurmountable after Somebody to Love.

Alisan - In the most open race since CWB, she made herself the strongest candidate with Blue Bayou (because not just anyone can get over 95% of the fans to say they'd turn for their audition) and Let Him Fly helped her get that edge over Adam to win.

Sundance - Taking a not-country song like No One and making it work helped him stand out within the context of the season. 

Chris - While Superstition made him Alicia's front-runner and Take Me to The King made it clear it'd be him and Lauren in the final two, Rhythm Nation was the push he needed into the final spot.

Chloe Landslide may have put her on the map, but Total Eclipse of the Heart locked things down.

Brynn Here Comes Goodbye made her Kelly's front-runner, at the very least.

Chevel Travelin' Solider put her in the audience's minds and Little White Church helped get her into talks of being finale-ready.

Maelyn - When you can take a song that's been done a zillion times like Stay and still usurp Pander McPanderson  the country-boy favorite, you know you've won.

Jake Cover Me Up made him the one to watch on Team Kelly, and after he ended up being the only country act in the top 13 it was game over for the rest of the artists.

Todd - He could've been the pitchiest of pitchy artists on Love, Me but panning the camera to his sleeping daughter would've still won it for him; as it was, that shot ended up being the cherry on top for a solid song-to-artist match. 

40 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

S12 - Lauren Duski 🙃 = Won in her Semis, and wiped everyone clean with her original "Deja Vu" Blind Audition also gave her a boost as well.

But she didn't win?

7 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Chloe Landslide may have put her on the map, but Total Eclipse of the Heart locked things down.

I think this is the statement I agree with most about Chloe. I agree that Landslide only "put her on the map," as her audition did not propel her to frontrunner status. Landslide was *incredible*, but TEOTH really solidified the win.

17 hours ago, Zainab Tufail said:

I know you are referring the most to  S12 , here's a thing every one have their own way of judging and have their own point of view. I said what I felt I don't know what's wrong with this. You have your favs I have mine If you like something that I don't like and dislike something that I like then it's not my fault

You are welcome to your opinion but I think they are saying sitting in judgment of something you didn't see and having a point of view of something you didn't fully view diminishes the credibility of your opinion.  It's like you're telling how incredible the Grand Canyon is to people who have actually breathlessly stood on the rim.

On 9/1/2020 at 5:28 PM, Spurrious said:

I think they are saying sitting in judgment of something you didn't see and having a point of view of something you didn't fully view diminishes the credibility of your opinion.

I watched majority of the seasons as they were airing except for S1-4 but I have re-watched full episodes of these four seasons as well ( Via NBC/IMDB ). I'm not from US but by using VPN I downloaded NBC APP so I watch full episodes there. That's why I know what Happened in all of the seasons.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 3:22 PM, Zainab Tufail said:

You don't owe an explanation to anyone on this board in my opinion. Most of them can’t even recognize their own biases much less admit to them. And they seem to really dislike dissenting opinions. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

S19: Carter Rubin - Rainbow Connection
S20: Cam Anthony - Feeling Good. His breakout moment. As soon as I saw him slaying and KO'd his opponent (no pun intended) and left no scars, I already saw an unstoppable force advancing to victory road.
S21: GNT - River (1st on iTunes, also their fanbase is HUGE) HM: Wichita Lineman - their breakout moment

S19- Carter´s was probably his KO. The amount of glowing reception it had across FB was massive. "Rainbow Connection" only solidified his win.

S20- Cam´s was likely his PO. He left Kenzie in the dust in terms of FB reactions, which is rare considering he´s a country guy. Again, like Carter, "Stand Up" probably only solidified it.

S21 - GNT´s was probably Top 13. Their KO made everybody start thinking they could win, but this one I think really set it stone.