Which gender will win Season 19?

CandiceFan12

Which gender will win Season 19?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which gender will win Season 19?

• Male
    • Female

Ahhh, the good old CandiceFan12 polls. I missed them :haha:

After the last two seasons, I've set my expectations really low this time. So I'm expecting a male winner, a robbed Queen (female runner-up) and my snowflake barely making semis, via the instant save, of course. That's my dream scenario at this point :haha:

• Haha 6

28 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Apparently Minivan has been full force since S17, so another basic Male will win tbh. Hopefully at least 2 Females make the finale though!

At this point, i'm fine with a male winner as long as it's not a country singer (like, not country at all, and preferibly not on Team Blake, sorry)

Too early to say, but one of the confirmed chair turners this season stands out to me as a really big threat (on paper), and he happens to be male, so I voted accordingly.

It’s Jim Ranger from Team Blake, btw 

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1

This season's "chosen one" will likely be female, given the last two winners were male artists and S16 was male-dominated in the finale, but I'm expecting the winner to be male.

The casual-voter audience taste leans primarily towards male country/country-adjacent artists that may or may not play the guitar, and they're preferably on Team Blake. So I'm expecting at least one artist that fits that mold to make the finale even if they don't win.

I think a male would win possibly either it will be the one who Daillon mentioned or it will be the three-chairs turner from Team John.And I will be very happy if one of these artist wins because these two are my top two fav. But If a female wins I will still be ok because the females are also really good this season ( Espacially the Four-chair turner from Team John and the country girl from Team Blake )

Edited by Zainab Tufail
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2020 at 2:57 PM, echoap said:

After the last two seasons, I've set my expectations really low this time. So I'm expecting a male winner, a robbed Queen (female runner-up) and my snowflake barely making semis, via the instant save, of course. That's my dream scenario at this point :haha:

Update (spoilers) 

Carter (male) wins, Taryn (female) runner-up and a Diva in third place :haha:

Edited by echoap
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Zainab Tufail said:

Anything could happen, Blake won three times in a row as well.

The three who won in a row were not country-adjacent guys. 

Anyway, the longest stretch of guys we've had that won was S6 to S9, and both Jordan and Josh were not country-adjacent singers. 

If they wanted, a country guy could win every season - the demographic makes it very easy to let it run its course that way. There's a reason that the longest stretch of country-adjacent winners is 2. The Voice knows that it has viewers that do not like country.

Edited by ashwinner

14 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

Anyway, the longest stretch of guys we've had that won was S6 to S9, and both Jordan and Josh were not country singers (Sawyer and CWB were). 

If they wanted, a country guy could win every season - the demographic makes it very easy to let it run its course that way. There's a reason that the longest stretch of country-adjacent winners is 2. The Voice knows that it has viewers that do not like country.

Not sure about calling Sawyer country

14 minutes ago, David68 said:

Not sure about calling Sawyer country

Oops, I didn't watch that season when it actually occurred, so thanks for correcting me! What genre would you say he is / does he define himself as? When I heard his voice I immediately thought it was country!

5 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

Oops, I didn't watch that season when it actually occurred, so thanks for correcting me! What genre would you say he is / does he define himself as? When I heard his voice I immediately thought it was country!

Season 8 is my weakest link in The Voice seasons as well. Sawyer is Folk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ashwinner said:

Anyway, the longest stretch of guys we've had that won was S6 to S9, and both Jordan and Josh were not country-adjacent singers. 

I'm noy saying they want country artist to win again. All I am saying is that Anything could happen in this show maybe a female wins this time but we are not just sure yet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zainab Tufail said:

I'm noy saying they want country artist to win again. All I am saying is that Anything could happen in this show maybe a female wins this time but we are not just sure yet.

Saying "anything can happen" is, I believe, patently incorrect because The Voice specifically tailors their winners such that they satisfy their demographic. I think it's likely that they'll pimp Taryn/Cami/Desz/Tamara or even John Holiday (although I think they'd all struggle to win). 

• Like 2

On 9/7/2020 at 9:16 PM, ashwinner said:

freerangefolk.JPG.da204a9c8d6ce179a7e5f335c1d1e466.JPG

lol not country

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Sawyer certainly appealed to country fans on the show, which is probably why they eventually got rid of Corey Kent White. 

I’d classify him as folk-rock on The Voice. 

There's just something about Sawyer's tone and vocal control that leaves me shook. He also knows when to let go at the right moments to show his raw power.

Slayage performances too.