Coaches' Poll

season1

Coaches' Poll  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Adam Levine to come back as coach?

• Yes. He would add more life to the panel.
    • No. Any coach panel is better off without him.
    • I don't mind either way. A coach does not make or break a season.
  2. 2. Which former coach would you like to coach again on The Voice?

• Miley
    • Shakira
  3. 3. If you are a contestant this season and you got a 4-chair turn with no block, who will you pick as coach?

• Blake
    • Gwen
    • John
    • Kelly

I don't mind Adam coming back, but I don't think the general public/more casual fans would have a good reaction to him returning - while it's true that there tends to be a relatively short memory for any celebrity's screwups, his controversy over DeAndre got picked up even by places that normally ignore the show and his critiques after he left burnt that bridge. If he were to change his mind and come back, I could see him being a battle advisor to one of the other coaches since that's a shorter-term commitment and it seems like that would be less blatantly controversial than reinstating him as a full-time coach.

I love Miley to bits and her season 13 girl-power squad is one of my all-time favorite things to come out of the show, but Shakira's roots in rock make her a more natural replacement for someone like Gwen (plus Shakira deserves another shot at having a finalist to redeem Sasha and Kristen's robberies).

Of the current panel, I'd pick Blake since growing up listening largely to country music makes me more comfortable with the genre (so I'd probably do something country-adjacent for my time on the show) and he has the strongest track record for supporting his artists after they leave the show. That fanbase boost in the voting rounds is a nice bonus, too.

• Like 2

I trashed Adam as much as the next guy during his last couple seasons on the show, but I must admit it doesn't really seem the same without him to me.  Id welcome him back over Nick or John for sure...at least for 1 season.

Miley's desicions were questionable at best sometimes.  Didnt watch any of Shakira's seasons.

Blake>Kelly>>>John>>>Gwen

Edited by ATX29
  • Like 2

- Honestly, I like the panel better without Adam. I don’t hate him like other people do, but he usually didn’t have any interesting people on his team and I feel like he didn’t add anything interesting or fun to the show, he was totally repleacable for me. S17 & S18 panels felt more fresh.

- Even if she is arguably the worst coach ever, I would like Shakira to return. She was the most entertaining coach by far and I would love to see if she could redeem herself from S4 and S6.

- From those choices Blake, but only for having an advantage thanks to Minivan. The only coaches I would be eager to work with would be Usher, Xtina and Alicia.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1

I honestly wouldn´t mind Adam coming back, considering he and Blake bring some good humor and chemistry to the show, and when he wanted, he made some magnificent and interesting song choices, not to mentioned he challenged his team often (which backfired a lot , but made for good tv). That being said, the Cross Battle humiliation of his team on S16 pretty much showed why he shouldn´t be back for the sake of the contestants. No one in their right mind would pick him, and the ones that got stuck with him would end up like his S16 team. Hell, he didn´t make the finale in three consecutive seasons. So while I wouldn´t mind, it would be better for him to not return.

Shakira was not a good coach, but I loved her personality. I would love for her to come back, maybe she could get a finalist these days.

Blake, definitely. He knows this show from head to toe, he has the fanbase, and his laid back approach has proven to be effective as well in many cases. Not to mention, as a guitar player myself, I would feel most comfortable on his team.

• Like 1

I honestly didn't mind Adam too much, but his unpopularity is the most problematic; his contestants would almost all fall at the first voting round (unless they're Jordan/Sawyer/Maelyn status). 

also, I haven't seen this addressed too much, but I think a great way that he could have given his "speech" after the IS is if he said "As one of the contestants was unable to perform, please vote based on what you think of the contestants overall." this would still be controversial but less so I think.

I didn't like that we only had two options, because I've watched maybe 10 total clips with Shakira in it, probably only 1-2 of which had Shakira speaking, and I didn't watch a whole season with Miley. I picked Miley solely because of the fact that I've seen her in greater capacity, but I like that she's kind of "chatty" as others might call it, because she seems really fun and very connected w/ her artists.

For me, Kelly > Blake > Gwen = John, because Kelly just seems so cool and is also so invested in her artists, and Blake is also invested in his sentimental favorite artists. Gwen seems cooler than John, but John seems to be more in my "lane" and Joanna said that he was her favorite coach so maybe he doesn't actually suck as a coach?

• Like 2

I would like Adam to return as a coach (maybe for a season or two) because I miss his interactions with Blake. Their friendship/rivalry seems more organic and not forced. He also had a great mix of contestants I like throughout his seasons.

I enjoyed watching Shakira as a coach on the show. As a bonus, we got great spoilers from Shakira fans during her two seasons. Shakira didn't have winning contestants; she had two legitimate finalists (but denied) in Sasha and Kristen. Miley could have had a winning season but she gave away her potential winners. I prefer Shakira between the two, but I don't mind both coaches to be on the same panel in one season. Maybe Blake, Usher, Shakira and Miley. We can't have Miley and Kelly on the same panel - the other two won't be able to talk. 🤣

@ashwinner I only put those two options because everyone seems to mention the other former female coaches to return, but not Shakira or Miley.

If I'm a contestant on the show, I would definitely choose Blake because if I make it to the voting rounds, I would get a guitar and an extra week or two on the show from the Blake army votes. SJG04hV.gif

• Like 2

1. I don't mind Adam coming back. His recent interactions with Gwen and Blake on IG and Twitter made me miss their interactions on The Voice. 

2. Shakira. Though I also kinda want more of Miley-Kelly interaction. 

3. Blake or Kelly, but leaning more to Blake. 

• Like 2

1. No - Adam's reputation is too damaged for him to return as a coach. I'll see him at the series finale where he inevitably performs with every current and former coach minus Christina.

2. Miley - While I prefer Shakira musically, Miley was clearly passionate about working with her contestants. In some ways she was even better than Blake.

3. Gwen, but that's just a style/personal preference thing for me. I'd be fine with anyone on this panel.

• Like 2

1. No.  He's already sworn off the show, trashing it in interviews on his way out, and as mentioned, his reputation (as a coach, at least) is too badly destroyed (by his own dumb, biased actions, no less!) for him to come back.  And even if he did, his team would be decimated once the voting rounds started, just like in season sixteen (which gave us the first real look at how the voters truly felt about him after the DeAndre/Reagan debacle).  I feel very, truly sorry for the eleven people (so far) who've rather conveniently forgotten about those things.

2. Miley.  I think she knew more what she was doing as a coach than Shakira did.  Shakira sent several of her better, stronger people home during the pretaped rounds and kept her weaker ones.  It's no wonder she got wiped out twice before the end.

3. Gwen.  It's partly sympathy for her that so many of these artists won't give her a fair shake, and partly because her music speaks to me the most.  She also feels the most genuine of the coaches.  I know that several people here think that Blake is, but I don't know.  He's recently given me a bad vibe that Adam's previous disingenuousness has rubbed off him, and it shows in several of his pitches to contestants.