Musician Discography Rankdown (Bonus Round)

FrogLenzen

FINAL STANDINGS PART SEVEN

3. Not Ready to Make Nice (2006, prod. by Rick Rubin, written by The Chicks + Dan Wilson)

Album: Taking the Long Way

cacea64ddec1d777-18-youtube-smashing-pum

US Billboard Hot 100 : #4 (Single)

US Hot Country Songs (Billboard): #36 (Single)

US Adult Top 40 (Billboard): #29 (Single)

US Adult Contemporary (Billboard): #32 (Single)

United States Certification (RIAA): 2x Platinum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_Ready_to_Make_Nice

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 5

Elliott: 1

Derek: 1

Sola: 4

Tom: 21

Chris: 20

Kaley: 2

Victoria: 7

Public: 1

Final Average = 6.889

COMMENTS

This is one of the greatest songs ever made. Chris and Tom deserve IDF jail for this. IDK what to say. This losing is really preposterous.

On 10/19/2020 at 1:50 PM, Elliott said:

So this is actually my all-time favourite song! 👀 It's legitimately one of the best songs ever released, and anyone who says they've never listened to it on full blast while imagining someone they hate is lying! The way they got the last laugh on country music by releasing this song and snatching up all those awards? QUEENS. LEGENDS. ICONS. Thank God them going political wasn't a one-off thing because they snatched all of our wigs with this song. We were truly blessed to live in the same generation that this song came out!

On 10/21/2020 at 5:24 PM, ~Tom~ said:

The predictable #1 must not win! Also, justice for You Were Mine and I Can Love You Better!

On 10/22/2020 at 9:02 PM, *Chris said:

Make it be known that I absolutely love this song - the vocal performance this song gave us is incredible! And the song is a lyrical masterpiece! However, a lot of people are quick to have this peg as the winner of this rankdown - it is one of their most known song but it doesn't necessary equate their best song. As a hardcore fan of theirs, I appreciate what this song did for their career which is why I didn't rank it last despite having the chance to do so #justiceforYouWereMine #justiceforICanLoveYouBetter - I know people will give flack for tanking this song in a "mini-rankdown" but everyone been doing it so 😘 .

2. Landslide (2002, prod. by The Chicks + Lloyd Maines, written by Stevie Nicks)

Album: Home

RegularShadowyAmericangoldfinch-small.gi

US Billboard Hot 100 : #7 (Single)

US Adult Top 40 (Billboard): #2 (Single)

US Adult Contemporary (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard) : #13 (Single)

US Hot Country Songs (Billboard): #2 (Single)

United States Certification (RIAA): Platinum (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landslide_(Fleetwood_Mac_song)

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 8

Elliott: 12

Derek: 21

Sola: 2

Tom: 5

Chris: 3

Kaley: 4

Victoria: 1

Public: 2

Final Average = 6.444

COMMENTS

What an iconic cover. You are forgiven, Elliott. The Smashing Pumpkins cover gets the edge by a hair.

One of the best versions of this song (my personal favourite is still The Smashing Pumpkins' version, don't @ me), so I apologize to Dee in advance for this low ranking. This round was hard because I love like all of the songs in this final vote.

On 10/20/2020 at 6:26 PM, FrogLenzen said:

no hate, just wanted to rank originals higher

Iconic version of an iconic Fleetwood Mac song!

Originally a song by Fleetwood Mac, The Chicks introduced this masterpiece to a new generation by incorporating it on "Home". In fact, it took me a few years to find out that this song was originally done by Fleetwood Mac - this truly speaks volume to their cover of the song. They absolutely made their song into their own while staying true to the meaning of the song. And while it's not one of their original songs, I still find myself having this song as one of my favourite song of theirs - I absolutely love the harmonies, the arrangement, and the storytelling aspect of the song.  At the end of the day, The Chicks showed how a cover should be done & this is why thousand of individual knows their version of the song. 

1. Goodbye Earl (1999, prod. by Blake Chancey + Paul Worley, written by Dennis Linde)

Album: Fly

c79df26beace4dbab4d94c399ecbf406.gif

US Billboard Hot 100 : #19 (Single)

US Hot Country Songs (Billboard): #13 (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodbye_Earl

RANKINGS

Gigi: 6

Elliott: 4

Derek: 2

Sola: 3

Tom: 9

Chris: 4

Kaley: 5

Victoria: 13

Public: 3

Final Average = 5.444

COMMENTS

Iconic song about murdering men remains iconic. But this should not have won.

Originally by Sons of the Desert, The Chicks recorded "Goodbye Earl" for their critically acclaimed album, "Fly", and they released the song as the third single of the album.  As they were certainly ahead of their time with this song,  it failed to crack the Top 10 on the Country Chart but the song became one of their biggest hit especially due to the music video.  With catchy lyrics & the introduction of comedy to drive the message of the song, it is one of my favourite "upbeat" song of theirs - the fact they often start their concert with this song certainly speak volume of the popularity of the song, as it gets the crowd going right away; It certainly got me in the mood when I saw them live! 

They literally made a hit song in the 90s about women murdering an abusive husband and people were surprised they weren't Republicans! Also we all know damn well that Marianne and Wanda said f*ck men after offing Earl and are living happily ever after as a lesbian couple! ...Now that I'm picturing it, this is the sequel I want. 

The Chicks' iconic song about killing an abusive ex? Yess. Before He Cheats could never. Two Black Cadillacs gives it a run for its money though.

Chris & Tom seem to have a lot in common with their faves - wow them both ranking “Travelin’ Soldier” in their Top 2. 😮

Kinda surprised “Gaslighter” ranked #5, as those rankings from the rankers and public are all really good and solid…. like all from #4 through #10 - and just one outside of Top 10 ranking from Tom. 😮 I did think this could make Top 3 with all the buzz in here about this (though that was mostly from Dee & Andy, whom are neither rankers in this round). :haha: 

Yayy I do really like “Sin Wagon” and very happy to see it at #4. I would have loved for it to make Top 3 but still a great spot. Ooh…. I was quite off base with the rest of the public as my ranking was much higher. :lmao: Very nice that this song has all Top 10 rankings, except that one #11 from Sola (which is pretty much a Top 10). :haha: Wow so shocked that this song wasn’t a single, as it's one of the songs I'm most familiar with. But lol yeah like Elliott said, I heard this from Amy Adams, loved her performance of this and would really enjoy The Chicks version too. 

How are all these #20 and #21s still left?  :dead: But yayy really like this Top 3, which has my Top 2 in it! :ohyeah: Fingers crossed either of those songs can pull of the win - but I feel like they would have low rankings so maybe not? :lmao: 

38 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Derek:

Chris:

Public:

These especially crack me up. :giggle: 

Slay public having their Top 3 as the Top 3. ❤️ 

38 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

not amused the office GIF

What did you do, Derek? :dead:  

36 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Does 3 21s in the top 3 make the chicks fans the pettiest? Also why do I feel like Dereks #21 is about to win 😂

omggg. Poor Derek if that happens. :dead:  

30 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Also I am loving Elliott's growth where he's not one of the ones with a 20 or 21 left.

Same ❤️ 

29 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I think it’s going to be Goodbye Earl :/

UGH I'm totally thining this too. :/😢  I can't see that one having those super low rankings. :haha: 

As I’m mourning my last evening of vacation and pouring my last glass of wine for the night, I am going to wind up giving minimal comments on only several songs :haha:

#11. March March— noooo! I adore this song and the video as well :wub: I love the entire sound to this song and how minimalistic and haunting the chorus is... The lyrics are all fabulous, but I have to give the edge to: “Tell the ol’ boys in the white bread lobby what they can and can’t do with their bodies...” Hello, badass women. I love you. Also, the musical breakdown at the end is EVERYTHING.

#10. Ready to Run— the intro to this song gives me all the flashbacks to my competitive Irish dancing days :haha: Such a fun classic song I wish I could have ranked higher.

LMAO WELL I knew that Chris & Tom would mess up “Not Ready to Make Nice” victory to win. :/:haha: Sadd about that and that this didn’t win but…. hardly surprised. I totally saw this coming from Tom a 1000 miles away, and kinda did with Chris recently. This is why Tom can not be trusted in these games. :giggle: But yah this is a great song and my favorite song of theirs, and one that I do really love. ❤️ #bless the other rankers rankings. Though surprised Victoria has this at #7 as I thought she’d rank it higher. Wowww at this being Elliott’s all-time favorite song…. that is amazing! :omg:

And yeah with Derek ranking “Landslide” at #2, I knew that song wasn’t going to win either. :haha: Sadness there as this was my 2nd favorite of theirs. This is a really beautiful cover of this song. I think I might have known of their version before Fleetwood Mac’s? Not sureee…. but def more familiar with this one.

Those #20 and #21 rankings certainly helped out “Goodbye Earl.” This is really good and I get the strong love for it. I did rank it high like #6 I think… but it’s not one of veryyy favorites like the other two. The music video is really good. Congrats on the win though. :haha: Not sure why Tom had to mention BHC in there though. 😛

Bummed the two songs i wanted to win didn’t win but….. them making it to the Top 3 is really amazing and I’m glad about that. :haha:❤️ It was definitely fun watching this round from the sidelines!  :haha: 

33 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Me, not really knowing any Chicks songs other than “Not Ready to Make Nice”: “Not Ready to Make Nice” was robbed!

#Me (except i know like 5-7 of their songs). :haha:  But I did listen to the rest last week to submit a ranking.

29 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I don't care about any of these songs but I am dying at all the strategic tankings in these mini games.

It's all tooo much being strategic like this in these mini games. :dead:  

Luckily this didn't happen on my very favorite artists' rounds (Beyonce/Rihanna/Britney) in this game where my #1s ended up winning those rounds. But i would be sooo livid if it did happen there with the artists I do love. :dead::lmao: 

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

#Me (except i know like 5-7 of their songs). :haha:  But I did listen to the rest last week to submit a ranking.

It's all tooo much being strategic like this in these mini games. :dead:  

Luckily this didn't happen on my very favorite artists' rounds (Beyonce/Rihanna/Britney) in this game where my #1s ended up winning those rounds. But i would be sooo livid if it did happen there with the artists I do love. :dead::lmao: 

I only played in 2 so I didn't strategically rank in either but as long as it doesn't happen in the Kelsea round then I don't really care!

3 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I only played in 2 so I didn't strategically rank in either but as long as it doesn't happen in the Kelsea round then I don't really care!

Yeah I haven't done it in a mini-rankdown (both the Actors and Musician game) and don't see myself doing that.  :haha: Although everyone is inclined to rank as they wish.