Musician Discography Rankdown (Alicia Keys Results)

FrogLenzen

FINAL STANDINGS PART SEVEN

3. Irreplaceable (2006 prod. by Beyoncé, Stargate, + Ne-Yo)

Album: B'Day

tenor.gif?itemid=5840212

US Billboard Hot 100 Chart: #1 (Single release)

United States Certification (RIAA): 2x Platinum (Single release)

US Album Certification (RIAA): 3x Platinum (B'Day)

US Billboard 200: #1 (B'Day)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreplaceable

RANKINGS:

Dee: 16

Rei: 5

Elliott: 14

Derek: 11

Denise: 4

Kaley: 8

Chris: 11

Andy: 13

Steven: 4

Wally: 2

JC: 4

Lily: 5

Megan: 14

Victoria: 2

Public: 17

Final Average = 8.670

COMMENTS

On 7/3/2020 at 12:05 PM, *Wallace said:

e48923c3599d24ed21f00b3caca0f1d5.gif

A classic Beyoncé song that everyone should know and love. :wub: Oooh gosh I definitely feared a lot for this song but I am so thankful it’s in the finals as this is definitely amongst one of my all time favorite Beyoncé songs (and songs in general). TO THE LEFT TO THE LEFT. (!) Gosh I love everything about this song here. Some of my favorite parts include: In the closet that's my stuff. Yes, if I bought it, please don't touch (Don't touch) / And, it's my name that's on that jag. So remove your bags, let me call you a cab / So go ahead and get gone. Call up that chick and see if she's home. Oops, I bet you thought, that I didn't know. What did you think I was putting you out for. And of course that chorus is so catchy and flawless. You must not know about me, you must not know about me. I could have another you in a minute. Matter of fact, he'll be here in a minute, baby. And the bridge is sooo good too: So since I'm not your everything (Irreplaceable). How about I'll be nothing (Nothing). Nothing at all to you (Nothing). TIMELESS flawless song! :wub:

On 7/3/2020 at 5:51 PM, *Lily said:

Such an iconic anthem and one of the greatest break-up songs in the past couple of decades. I think this remains one of Beyoncé's defining songs and one that many will reference when talking about her greatest hits. And deservedly so!

On 7/3/2020 at 5:06 PM, JC said:

Another amazing iconic nostalgia song. Love jamming to this song. YOU MUST NOT KNOW BOUT ME, totes my saying :giggle:JK, but not really. I just love the sass and beat of this song.

On 7/3/2020 at 10:34 AM, Steven_ said:

Favorite lyric:

🎵 I will have another you by tomorrow
So don't you ever for a second get to thinking
You're irreplaceable 
🎵

On 7/3/2020 at 10:23 AM, #jeah said:

Obviously a career defining song for Beyonce, and objectively one of her best. I just enjoy the other songs ranked higher more, but this is a mammoth of a song in its own right.

On 7/3/2020 at 9:26 AM, *Chris said:

Anytime someone mentions "to the left", I start singing this song. 

Irreplaceable was a BOP and will forever be a BOP. An anthem. A classic. Do I think that this song comes close to the quality of her newer work? No. But this is a legendary song and I expected this high placement. I will forever love hearing her say "to the left, to the left."

On 7/3/2020 at 8:35 AM, ~*8Kay8*~ said:

The phrase “to the left” is forever ruined. I can’t say it without singing it. Such a classic Beyoncé song and one I will always love.

On 7/2/2020 at 10:27 PM, miss denise said:

Classic Beyonce song. ❤️  This might be the one I heard the most without meaning to, aka the one I heard most on the radio :haha: I never got tired of it!  The attitude, self-assurance, and vocals are all top notch! Plus we've got iconic lyrics like "to the left to the left" and "you must not know 'bout me" She puts the guy in his place and sings this like a fierce independent woman (no pun intended!) "Baby, I won't shed a tear for you, I won't lose a wink of sleep, 'cause the truth of the matter is replacing you was so easy" Wow!

On 7/2/2020 at 7:03 PM, FrogLenzen said:

Her biggest song based on Billboard charts. Basically a test run for Lemonade, smh Jay-Z you should have known better

On 7/2/2020 at 7:42 AM, .Rei said:

Iconic song. To the left to the left 🎶

On 7/2/2020 at 10:34 AM, Elliott said:

It's alright.

2. Halo (2008 prod. by Beyoncé + Ryan Tedder)

Album: I Am...Sasha Fierce

source.gif

US Billboard Hot 100: #1 (Single)

US Billboard 200: #1 (I Am...Sasha Fierce)

United States Certification (RIAA): 2x Platinum (Lemonade)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_(Beyoncé_song)

RANKINGS:

Dee: 17

Rei: 9

Elliott: 13

Derek: 14

Denise: 9

Kaley: 9

Chris: 14

Andy: 5
Steven: 1

Wally: 3

JC: 5

Lily: 9

Megan: 12

Victoria: 1

Public: 1

Final Average = 8.133

COMMENTS

tumblr_mszix0wv7V1rjmu5xo1_500.gif

“Halo” is such a timeless, gorgeous and believed song amongst the fandom and casual fans. Hmm I never really thought of what my favorite Beyoncé ballad is but I do want to say it’s this angelic song in my #3 spot. I love the beautiful and vulnerable emotion and the mix of soft stunning and powerful vocals that Beyoncé delivers through hue song :wub: I also love how she sings into some of her lower register here too - but the vocal range is impressive. I feel like this song is one of her big anthemic songs. Everywhere I'm looking now. I’m surrounded by your embrace. Baby, I can see your halo. You know you're my saving grace. You're everything I need and more. It's written all over your face. Baby, I can feel your halo. Pray it won't fade away. I am crying. :’( Ooh and the music video is so gorgeous too. Yayy at it getting 1 billion views on Youtube.

How could you not love Halo?! To be honest, it's a song that never really resonated with me too much until seeing her perform it live... the emotion and power which goes into the number when she performs it is heavenly, excuse the pun. An iconic ballad of Bey's and honestly, would have been criminal to not include this in the endgame.

A classic song that deserves neverending respect. Another song that always gives me the feels. I am religious so I am okay with this aspect, but I mostly just love the music and that is really what it is all about.

Favorite lyric:

🎵 Everywhere I'm looking now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby, I can see your halo
You know you're my saving grace

You're everything I need and more
It's written all over your face
Baby, I can feel your halo
Pray it won't fade away
 🎵

What can I possibly say about this song that hasn’t already been said, it’s gorgeous and one of her defining songs. I switched this with my #6 for a deal, but I’m not even mad because it’s always been one of my favorites from her. Heavenly

Halo is a breathtakingly beautiful ballad, and a song that I love watching her perform live. This high ranking was to be expected, since so many of you prefer the older stuff. I cannot deny the magic, beauty, power, and legendary status of this song. A song that I truly adore, but do not love nearly as much as most of you do. LOL.

I do like this song but I feel it got overplayed over the years that I got over it. Still an excellent song! 

Probably her most beloved ballad? Not sure of the statistics on that, but it definitely got the most radio play. As much as I prefer a sassy-Beyoncé to this more mellow and loving-Beyoncé, you can’t deny the impact of this song.

The title is appropriate because this song has a heavenly sound with the music. ❤️  I love the whole vibe of this song and her belting! The piano + hard hitting backbeat + the vocals = ❤️❤️❤️ 

Didn't see myself ranking it this high but I still love it

On 7/2/2020 at 10:34 AM, Elliott said:

It's alright.

Nice song, shows off her vocals. Kind of a bland Ryan Tedder composition though. Listen to Kelly Clarkson Already Gone by same writer.

1. Crazy in Love (2003 prod. by Beyoncé + Rich Harrison)

Album: Dangerously In Love 

giphy.gif

US Billboard Hot 100: #1 (Single release)

United States Certification (RIAA): Gold (Single release)

US Billboard 200: #1 (Dangerously In Love)

US Album Certification (RIAA): 4x Platinum (Dangerously In Love)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_in_Love

RANKINGS

Dee: 12

Rei: 6

Elliott: 11

Derek: 1

Denise: 6

Kaley: 1

Chris: 8

Andy: 15

Steven: 3

Wally: 1

JC: 2

Lily: 1

Megan: 15

Victoria: 3

Public: 5

Final Average = 6.000

COMMENTS

anigif_enhanced-buzz-17294-1368743384-3.

ICONIC TIMELESS CLASSIC Beyoncé song right here. :spaz: I definitely want to thank Steven for advancing this song to the Top 70 and an even bigger thank you to Kaley & Victoria advancing into the finals. I would have been absolutely devastated if this song did not make the finals. I often question myself on what my favorite Beyoncé song is… and I do go back and forth on a select few but “Crazy in Love” is the one that ALWAYS shows up and never wants to be replaced or forgotten sooo yep I would say this and not only that this is amongst my all-time favorite songs in general! :wub: Gosh I must have heard this song and seen the music video over a million times and I honestly NEVER got sick or tired o this song. It’s that FIRE jam that launched Beyoncé into the music superstar and icon she is today. I know all of the words to the song and the music video by heart. We all know those classic Uh oh, uh oh, uh oh, oh no no parts to this! :bobo: The chorus is ICONIC: Got me looking so crazy right now, Your love's got me looking so crazy right now. Your love got me looking so crazy right now, Your touch got me looking so crazy right now. Your touch got me hoping you'll page me right now. Your kiss got me hoping you'll save me right now. Looking so crazy. Your love's got me looking, got me looking so crazy. Your love. :bobo: Another standout part from the second verse where Bey sings: But I still don't understand, Just how the love you're doing no one else can. Then the Jay-Z rap is ICONIC too. Ugh it’s hard for me to learn the full rap verse and I’m sad i don’t have it all down pact - but I dooo know a lot of it at least! Some of my favorite Jay parts includes: Young B and the R-O-C. O.G. Big Homie, the one and only, Stick bony. But the pocket is fat like Tony, Soprano / The genuine article I do not sing though, I sling though, if anything I bling yo. Star like Ringo, war like a Green Beret. Crazy bring your whole set. Jay-Z in the range. Crazy and deranged. / Yes sir I'm cut from a different cloth, My texture is the best fur: chinchilla. / How you think I got the name Hova? I been realer the game's over. Fall back young, ever since I made the change over. To platinum the game's been a wrap, one!. And the bridge of this song is also ICONIC and one of my favorite bridges EVER in a song: Got me looking, so crazy, my baby. I’m not myself, lately I'm foolish, I don't do this. I’ve been playing myself, baby I don't care. ‘Cause your love's got the best of me. And baby you're making a fool of me. You got me sprung and I don't care who sees. ‘Cause baby you got me, you got me so crazy baby. THT PART OF THE SONG GETS ME SO HYPE. :spaz::bobo: Ooh and omgg her dancing in the rain in the music video is sooo…. :dead:  I love all of her various outfits and all of the choreography/dancing she slays. It’s all so flawless. I need this song to rank high especially for the lack of Dangerously in Love tracks in this Top 20 (“Naughty Girl” and “Baby Boy” were ROBBED)! I REALLY hope this song can win this Beyoncé as it has a special place in my heart…. so fingers crossed! 

Whilst I'm not completely sure if Crazy In Love is my all-time favorite Bey song, I just almost feel wrong not having it in the top spot. It's a PERFECT kickstart to her career and legacy. The song and the video are both iconic. It shows the best of her iconic partnership with Jay. The sampling of The Chi-Lites' "Are You My Woman (Tell Me So)" works so perfectly and makes for a distinctive opener. I think if anyone ever had any doubts that Beyoncé would be an icon on her own rights back in the days of Destiny's Child, this ended those. Just an incredible record which cemented Beyoncé as a superstar.

Crazy in Love was the obvious winner in my mind, even if it is not the song I would ideally have win this game. One of the most legendary and iconic songs in music history. Time stopped in that moment. Truly "a star is born" moment. So glad that she started off with such an iconic piece of music and never stopped.

Another iconic song, honestly it was impossible to rank my favorites, and there were such small distinctions between my top songs. EVERYONE has to know this song unless you live under a rock, or perhaps you are so young that you were not around in which case, I hate you. Anyways, I always jam to this song once in awhile, it is timeless and always gets me up and dancing. This is just the type of the song that pumps you up and make you happy no matter how depressed you may be. Amazing pick me up, as well as all the nostalgia of my younger days❤️ 

Favorite part:

🎵 Got me looking so crazy, my baby
I'm not myself, lately I'm foolish, I don't do this
I've been playing myself, baby, I don't care
'Cause your love's got the best of me
And, baby, you're making a fool of me
You got me sprung and I don't care who sees
'Cause, baby, you got me, you got me so crazy, baby
 🎵

Similarly to Irreplaceable, an iconic song that I’m sure could win this, it’s just never been one of my top favorites from her.

This song is a bop, after all these years. It's probably the song that really solidified her as a popstar, in my opinion. :bobo:

I mean, while there are many amazing songs, this is THE Beyoncé song for me. The second those horns kick on, you can’t help but get excited and envision yourself strutting down a street with your hair blowing in the breeze (just me?). The music video: iconic. So many years later I still remember each outfit and dance move so vividly. It’s is an amazing collaboration with Jay-Z and really highlights both the power that come from them working together. In an amazing catalog where so many songs are “perfect” pop songs, this is the one that will always come to mind first when someone says “Beyoncé”.

Uh oh :bobo:  uh oh :bobo:  uh oh :bobo:  oh, no, no :bobo: This is an iconic song and deserves to be in the Top 10 and more. This is classic Beyonce and will never get old.  This was the perfect debut. If only one song can represent that album, then it should be this one, but... there should be more. 

changed the game forever

Legendary!!!!!

Edited by Deeee
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ~*8Kay8*~ said:

I think I’ve got:

:wub: Love everything left and can’t wait to see how it turns out!

You really slayed with that Top 9. :dead: 

1 hour ago, Deeee said:

FINAL THREE

Crazy In Love

Halo

Irreplaceable

ICONIC CLASSICS. :wub: 

59 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

My Top 4 favorites made it to the Top 4. 🥳

Well done there Steven! :bobo: 

55 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Dee:

Rei:

Elliott:

Derek:

Denise:

Kaley:

Chris:

Andy:

Steven:

Wally:

JC:

Lily:

Megan:

Victoria:

Public:

Loving these stats!! Wow the public ranking one of these iconic songs at #17 though.

51 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

oh wow Wally and Victoria slayed. They did that! :wub:

Thankss! 😄 So happy for Victoria too. :wub: 

29 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Iconic and deserving top 3 :wub:

YESSS It sure is! :omg: 

Lovee Sorry and happy for it’s #6 placement. Definitly such a great jam!

Love “Freedom” too. Such an important song for sure :wub: But ooooo I had no idea Denise would rank it #10 but very nice! 😮

“Love on Top” at #4 is fantastic! :wub:

The Top 3 of “Crazy in Love” “Irreplaceable” and “Halo” is ICONIC… All are such timeless and amazing songs.  :omg: And wow my Top 3 is the actual Top 3. i am crying! :omg: And yayy for Victoria too. OK time to check out the order!

YAY I was concerned when Listen went out in the second group, but glad my second ranked song ended up winning :wub:

jay-z beyonce GIF

Beyonce Walk GIF

GIF by Demic

Also love Irreplaceable and Halo! Amaze Top 3, SLAY RANKERS SLAY! ❤️ 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Deeee said:

WE DID IT! WHAT AN EPIC BEGINNING ROUND! BEYONCÉ HAD IDF LIT! THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY FOR BEING PATIENT AND CREATING AN ICONIC FIRST ROUND. THERE ARE OBVIOUSLY VERY MANY MORE TO COME!!!! LOVE YOU ALL!

@Elliott @*Wallace @*Lily @totes4totes @1234567890 @~*8Kay8*~ @miss denise @FrogLenzen @*Chris @Steven_ @#jeah @JC @.Rei

Thanks so much @Deeee for running an epic Beyonce rankdown! It was so much fun! I'm not going to be around for the next two rounds, but remind me to return for Adele :giggle:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Do you guys want me to link the results to the front page so they do not get buried in the thread?

:yes: 

Ahh I can't stress and say enough how iconic this Top 3 is. All 3 of these Beyonce songs are classics and all-time favorites of mine that I can never get tired of. :wub:  

I would put Irreplaceable higher over Halo but no complaints as I adore both of those songs! 

But YESSS @ "Crazy in love" winning. :spaz: Not only my favorite Beyonce song but one of my all-time favorite songs ever. Iconic song+video. :wub:  I was scared it wouldn't win but glad it did.... and wow a 6.0 average. Slaying all the rest! I hope people enjoyed my condensed write-up on it. I could have gone even further on it with my love for the song/video. :giggle: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JC said:

Thanks so much @Deeee for running an epic Beyonce rankdown! It was so much fun! I'm not going to be around for the next two rounds, but remind me to return for Adele :giggle:

You're a gay man who's Wally age and you're not familiar with Alanis Morissette's music?

unprofessional pizza GIF

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

Wow I failed this rankdown!!!! Crown me queen of unpopular opinions with my co-kings Dee and Elliott!!! (Andy, Chris, and Derek can be my advisors since they all had at least 1 member of their Top 10 in the Top 3 songs).

LOL we definitely failed this rankdown. But that is okay, considering the Alanis round will probably be a very agreeable round.

15 minutes ago, Deeee said:

WE DID IT! WHAT AN EPIC BEGINNING ROUND! BEYONCÉ HAD IDF LIT! THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY FOR BEING PATIENT AND CREATING AN ICONIC FIRST ROUND. THERE ARE OBVIOUSLY VERY MANY MORE TO COME!!!! LOVE YOU ALL!

@Elliott @*Wallace @*Lily @totes4totes @1234567890 @~*8Kay8*~ @miss denise @FrogLenzen @*Chris @Steven_ @#jeah @JC @.Rei

Thanks for running this Beyonce round! :wub: I've been through lots of ups and downs with it but thankfully more ups. I love Bey and her music so this was all so fun to participate on. :clap: I won't be ~as passionate on most other rounds as I was on this one but still excited to participate in many more rounds! 😄 

• Like 1