Musician Discography Rankdown (Bonus Round)

FrogLenzen

5 minutes ago, ~*8Kay8*~ said:

I think I’ve got:

:wub: Love everything left and can’t wait to see how it turns out!

Mrs Carter Beyonce GIF

FINAL STANDINGS PART FIVE

9. Partition/Yoncé (2013 prod. by Beyoncé, Timbaland, Jerome Harmon, Justin Timberlake, Dwane Weir, Mike Dean, + Boots)

Album: Beyoncé

ADkM.gif

US Billboard Hot 100 Chart: #23 (Single release)

United States Certification (RIAA): Platinum (Single release)

US Album Certification (RIAA): 2x Platinum (Beyoncé)

US Billboard 200: #1 (Beyoncé)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partition_(song)

RANKINGS:

Dee: 4

Rei: 15

Elliott: 8

Derek: 3

Denise: 21

Kaley: 2

Chris: 19

Andy: 10

Steven: 15

Wally: 8

JC: 17

Lily: 10

Megan: 3

Victoria: 12

Public: 12

Final Average = 10.600

COMMENTS

Yoncé is the greatest opening to a song...ever. Period. Point. I will not argue this with anybody. Argue with your mother! LOL. Just kidding. But not really. The freestyle nature of the first half of this iconic track is just too good! And to think the beat came from Timberlake simply banging on a bucket. The birth of the alter ego Yoncé is an iconic moment in history. We should all recognize this day as a holiday and celebrate. Every single line of her rap verse on Yoncé is a gold-standard quotable. ICONIC.That iconic audio clip at the beginning of the song...that is how you know this song is about to be legendary! The music video also happens to be the sexiest music video ever. Easily

Partition is another celebration of her overt sexuality. Beyoncé welcomes us to live out her sexual fantasies, which is such a bold and brave statement. On her self-titled album, she really did not shy away from exploring the multi-faceted aspects of herself, part of her being a sexual being. Despite being a mother, she wants to show that she can still have fun, live her dreams, dive into her fantasies, explore her body. She overturns every sexual innuendo imaginable in this track, accompanied by the iconic finger snaps, the swoops, the synthesizer pulsing, the bass drums, the cameras flashing, the car windows, etc. Everything works so perfectly on this song to convey the power of her sexuality. Women are powerful beings because they masterfully wield the act of sex in their hands and in their bodies. UGH. 

Memorable lyrics. Dirty South Hip-Hop. Iconic composition. Sultry beats. Scintillating and powerful sexual imagery. Beyoncé uplifts womanhood by sending out the message that sexuality is a powerful construct. Transcendent.

On 7/3/2020 at 5:51 PM, *Lily said:

I'm writing this write-up just after re-watching the full Beyoncé DVD so that helps this stick out to me. While I know this is primarily about Partition probably, let's give the credit where it's due to Yoncé. So incredibly catchy and fun, with great cameo appearances in the video from Joan Smalls, Jourdan Dunn and Chanel Iman. Of course, Partition really ups the ante with the flirtatiousness. Very raunchy and gorgeous without ever feeling too in-your-face or forced. It's played perfectly, and the lyric "Monica Lewinsky'd all on my gown" will forever be engrained in my mind.

On 7/3/2020 at 5:06 PM, JC said:

Love this beat and makes you just wanna get down and get freaky. Werk!

On 7/3/2020 at 12:05 PM, *Wallace said:

giphy.gif

“Yoncé” is a hot jam and I really love it! Yoncé on his mouth like liquor. :bobo: My only complaint with that song is that I wish it was longer (and maybe it’s own song?). I always want more from it. However I absolutely LOVE “Partition” even more. It may not have been my personal #1 choice to advance through but it was one Dee + I agreed upon and regardless I still wanted it in the finals. This song is one of my top faves from the Beyoncé album. This is up there as Beyoncé’s most sexiest songs and music videos and I am HERE FOR IT all day every day! :omg: One of my fave parts beside the chorus is where she sings: He likes to call me Peaches when we get this nasty. Gets to me every time. :dead: The music video is soo… WOW too. :omg:

On 7/3/2020 at 10:34 AM, Steven_ said:

Favorite part:

🎵 Driver roll up the partition please
I don't need you seeing 'Yonce on her knees
🎵

On 7/3/2020 at 10:23 AM, #jeah said:

LEMME HEAR YOU SAY HEEEEEY MS CARTER!!!! This song drips with sex and I love every second of it. The second half of the song (the Partition half?) is one of my favorite parts of any Bey song. Except I try not to think about the fact that she’s likely talking about Jay-Z in these lyrics, ugh lol.

On 7/3/2020 at 9:26 AM, *Chris said:

May be an unpopular opinion but I never truly care for this song. 

On 7/3/2020 at 8:35 AM, ~*8Kay8*~ said:

“Let me hear you say heyyyy, Ms. Carter! Heyyyy, Miss Carter...” This song is EVERYTHING. I am obsessed with this song, and always have been. To the point that I think I’m currently getting on my husband’s nerves because I’ve been singing this song quietly to myself around the house for the past few days. While Beyoncé was always a symbol of empowerment, my favorite part about her self-titled album is how unapologetically sexual it is. The beat in this song is fabulous, but I shouldn’t be surprised considering she worked with Timbaland for it.

On 7/2/2020 at 10:27 PM, miss denise said:

Not my favorite, but I do like "I sneezed on the beat and the beat got sicker" :giggle: I also like the slower "right here" with me part that repeats. :bobo: 

On 7/2/2020 at 7:42 AM, .Rei said:

Really great

On 7/2/2020 at 10:34 AM, Elliott said:

"how to make foreplay a song" by Beyoncé

On 7/2/2020 at 7:03 PM, FrogLenzen said:

Thank you Timbaland.

8. Countdown (2013 prod. by Beyoncé, Timbaland, J-Roc, Boots, Dre Moon, Brian Soko, + Rasool Diaz, feat. Jay Z)

Album: 4

CarelessSorrowfulBarbet-size_restricted.

US Billboard Hot 100: #71 (Single)

United States Certification (RIAA): Gold (Single)

US Billboard 200: #1 (4)

United States Certification (RIAA): Platinum (4)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countdown_(Beyoncé_song)

RANKINGS:

Dee: 10

Rei: 14

Elliott: 12

Derek: 10

Denise: 11

Kaley: 12

Chris: 18

Andy: 1
Steven: 20

Wally: 10

JC: 8

Lily: 3

Megan: 2

Victoria: 8

Public: 18

Final Average = 10.467

COMMENTS

Iconic lyrical interpretation. Iconic music video imagery + fashions. Incredible choreography. Fabulous song structure. The greatest song from 4. One of the greatest songs of all-time. Countdown is a song I want played at my wedding. Love everything about this masterpiece.

I think this may be my favorite video of Beyoncé's, it's so creative and feelgood. The use of the "Uhh Ahh" by Boyz II Men sample elevates it to another level. Not only did she serve so hard in the video but she did it while pregnant with Blue... truly a superwoman.

WERK another great jam, loves this so much. Just want get up and dance  :bobo:

tumblr_m48ui9Oaie1qc2jhfo1_500.gif

Ahhh yayy I am soo happy to see “Countdown” making it to the finals as I do really love this song a ton. Ugh my #10 ranking might not show it but I do really love these songs. This song is such a fire upbeat fire JAM that is so fun and addicting to listen to. I love the range she showcases here - wth the belting and some sweet soft vocals to her fast singing/rapping and this song just has it all. :bobo: I love the counting down elements of the chorus and it’s all so fun. Ooh and the pre-chorus (I think) is also really infectious and fun - especially the line that goes: Me and my boo in my boo coupe ridin'. SO GOOD. I also love all of he various and different looks in the video and THE DANCING is killer. Ugh wow I am really LOVING and appreciating this now listening to it now. Now I am feeling this is underrated…. so I initially had this at #11 but will move this up to #10.

Favorite part:

🎵 Oh, killing me softly and I'm still falling
Still the one I need, I will always be with you
Oh, you got me all gone, don't ever let me go
🎵

This has been my favorite Beyonce song for years, it’s so fun and joyous and catchy. An ode to fidelity that feels just as fresh every time I listen as the first time I heard it. It’s the essence of Chaotic Good, in the best way possible. Love the horns, Bey’s vocals, the sly lyrics, the many different sections that come together perfectly. Just a bop for the ages!

Not my favourite from "4" but still a good song. 

so catchy!

Really great

One of four good songs from 4.

"killing me softly and I'm still falling" :wub: Her vocals are so pretty on this whole part! The different dynamics of the song keep it interesting and the countdown part is fun. :bobo:  There are some iconic lines ("Me and my boo in my boo coupe ridin' ":bobo:  :giggle: )  in this song, but my personal favorite is "I'm all up under him like it's cold, winter time, All up in the kitchen in my heels, dinner time" :dead: :dead:  

7. Beautiful Liar (2007 prod. by Beyoncé + Stargate)

Album: B'Day (North American Deluxe Edition)

tumblr_m3mr6wxaub1runxfmo1_500.gif

US Billboard Hot 100: #3 (Single release)

United States Certification (RIAA): Platinum (Single release)

US Billboard 200: #6 (B'Day Deluxe Edition)

US Album Certification (RIAA): 3x Platinum (B'Day)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beautiful_Liar

RANKINGS

Dee: 11

Rei: 3

Elliott: 17

Derek: 12

Denise: 7

Kaley: 4

Chris: 16

Andy: 7

Steven: 6

Wally: 15

JC: 18

Lily: 8

Megan: 10

Victoria: 17

Public: 3

Final Average = 10.267

COMMENTS

Two women bonding over mutual betrayal and saying f*ck men?! YAASSSSS. Collaborations of this nature just do not happen often enough. Two legends killing the song and the music video. Too high of a ranking, but a song that I will always love so much.

In terms of pop duets, I think this has gotta go down as one of the greatest in recent years. Neither Beyoncé or Shakira outshine each other, they accentuate each other perfectly, and seem as if they've been working together for years prior. The song is a really great combination of the pop and R&B sound that we were getting with B'Day, alongside Shakira's Latin and Arabic styles. The fact that this has never been performed live between the two of them is criminal.

Only song that made it with a female supporting artist, so congrats to Shakira. I like it better after listening to it more, it's got a nice beat.

6fa1e4a5d148a239cdfe35c2cff85c3d.gif

Gosh I struggled with where to rank “Beautiful Liar.” This is a song I do love - and well my whole #16 through #14 rankings are all quite a toss-up. This is a hot & steamy Beyoncé & Shakira duet. Love the song and love the video even more.  Both of them are so HOT. And the dancing together sends me… :dead:Let's not kill the karma. (Ay) Let's not start a fight. (Ay) It's not worth the drama. For a beautiful liar. :bobo:

Favorite lyric:

🎵 Let's not kill the karma
Let's not start a fight
It's not worth the drama
For a beautiful liar
 🎵

Probably my favorite song off B’Day (slightly edging out Upgrade U which is super underrated imo). Shakira is the perfect collaborator for Bey and this is the perfect song to showcase both of their talents. A bop and a half

Two legend on a song together? #Flawless

From the opening “Beyoncé, Beyoncé. Shakira, Shakira” this song is iconic. I love both of these women individually, and consider them two of the sexiest women on the planet, so when they combine it is obviously a smash! This song is so fun, and I love the concept of two women coming together to realize that a sh*t man is no reason for them to hate each other. You go, ladies! Better off without him!

An underrated (maybe?) favorite of mine. This song is fire and so catchy :bobo:  Love what both Beyonce and Shakira bring to it and it is a favorite of mine from both of them! Oh and I love THIS lyric "It's not worth the drama" (!) :kissbye: 

On 7/2/2020 at 7:03 PM, FrogLenzen said:

apparently there's a version without Shakira? No.

Fun.

Iconic queens 💕

Edited by Deeee