Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

12. JAKE GYLLENHAAL

2fh3.gif

e65a50f09c2f757a916f2b7ba6af44ff.gif

Jack Twist - Brokeback Mountain (2005)

Film Synopsis: The film stars Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anne Hathaway, and Michelle Williams and depicts the complex emotional and sexual relationship between Ennis Del Mar and Jack Twist in the American West from 1963 to 1983. The film received critical acclaim, mainly for Lee's direction and Ledger, Gyllenhaal, and Williams's performances, and was placed on many film critics' 2005 top ten lists. It was also commercially successful, grossing $178 million worldwide against its $14 million budget, withstanding issues regarding distribution in a number of countries. It also received eight Academy Award nominations, the most nominations at the 78th Academy Awards, where it won three: Best Director, Best Adapted Screenplay, and Best Original Score. Brokeback Mountain has also been regarded as a stepping stone for the advancement of queer cinema into the mainstream. In 2018, the film was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress. According to Rotten Tomatoes, "A beautifully epic Western, Brokeback Mountain's gay love story is imbued with heartbreaking universality, helped by the moving performances of Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal." Gyllenhaal received an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actor for his role.

DEREK: 7

ELLIOTT: 9

WALLACE: 9

GIGI: 10

REI: 11

TOM: 11

ALEX: 12

CHRIS: 14

STEVEN: 16

QK: 18

DEREK

Kind of glad that this didn't win the Heath round because it's nice to have some variety in our Top 20. This is a great role for Jake and I expect this to do pretty well here.

ELLIOTT

I understand the importance of this film relative to when it came out, but I'm still smh at it winning when Jake had so many other roles! Donnie Darko >>>>>

WALLACE

Jake’s a good actor.

GIGI

I saw Brokeback Mountain once and I liked him in it.

REI

His performance in this still gets me to this day! Love Jake.

TOM

Honestly Brokeback Mountain is a bit boring so I'd rather it not win.

ALEX

"I'm gonna give the gays everything they want" -Jake

CHRIS

Love the movie and I feel this positioned Jake to be taken more seriously as an actor.

STEVEN

I haven't seen the film, but it looks like he gives a great performance.

QK

Jake has been in a couple of comic book movies that I liked but I docked him a lot of points for all his other movies.

• Steven_ changed the title to Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (#12 Posted)
15 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I did not expect to be the highest ranker for Jake! Wtf

Brokeback Mountain is not one of my favourite roles from him. :haha:

That said, he could still

y'all nasty trying to click this, go to church
  • Haha 1

11. KATE WINSLET

original.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=4923605

Clementine Kruczynski - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)

Film Synopsis: It follows an estranged couple who have erased each other from their memories. The film uses elements of the psychological thriller and a nonlinear narrative to explore the nature of memory and romantic love. Kate Winslet plays Clementine Kruczynski, a spontaneous extrovert who, after breaking up with him after a two-year relationship, erases Joel Barish from her mind. Producers cast Winslet against type for her part as Clementine, as Winslet had previously featured heavily in period pieces. She received the role after she was the only actress to offer criticism on the script instead of pandering to the writers. Some commentators note how Clementine's character criticizes the Manic Pixie Dream Girl stock character several years before film critic Nathan Rabin coined the phrase. According to Rotten Tomatoes, "Propelled by Charlie Kaufman's smart, imaginative script and Michel Gondry's equally daring directorial touch, Eternal Sunshine is a twisty yet heartfelt look at relationships and heartache." It won the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay, and Winslet received an Academy Award nomination for Best Actress. The film developed a cult following in the years after its release and has come to be regarded by many critics as one of the best films of the 21st century and even of all time.

CHRIS: 1
REI: 5
GIGI: 6

TOM: 7

DEREK: 11

STEVEN: 12

ALEX: 14

QK: 15

WALLACE: 17

ELLIOTT: 19

CHRIS

One of my all time favourite actress in one of my all time favourite movie.

REI

Please Kate, pick more roles like this. Amazing!

GIGI

Saw Eternal... once and loved her in it.

TOM

I'm a little surprised this won Kate's round, but it's one of the few romance films I like and certainly one of the only ones that touched me emotionally!

DEREK

Dee is not here to fight for this role. But I thought this was a great winner for Kate and I'm glad Titanic didn't win oop.

STEVEN

I like Kate Winslet, but I haven't seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind yet. But I want to! Based on clips, it looks intriguing and Kate Winslet seems fantastic in it.

ALEX

I haven't seen this movie in a million years. Winslet's just not a fave of mine.

QK

Kate has been in a ton of movies but none of the movies that she has been in are favorite of mine.

WALLACE

Kate is a good actress.

ELLIOTT

Yes I'm ranking this low because I'm pressed Titanic didn't win EITHER round it was a part of. For shame.

• Steven_ changed the title to Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (#11 Posted)

TOP 10

1*btxw9VFT0Zl_C5G-NvIJcQ.gif

Amy Adams - Arrival (2016)

tumblr_nd7453RKbg1rxmai6o7_r1_500.gif

Charlize Theron - Monster (2003)

BewitchedAcclaimedBighorn-small.gif

Emma Stone - Easy A (2010)

giphy.gif

Heath Ledger - The Dark Knight (2008)

tenor.gif?itemid=8328125

Meryl Streep - The Devil Wears Prada (2006)

original.gif

Natalie Portman - Black Swan (2010)

TallDeadHellbender-small.gif

Rachel McAdams - Mean Girls (2004)

tumblr_na66i2fxCW1r93jsro5_500.gif

Robin Williams - Good Will Hunting (1997)

run-forrest-run-gif.236622

Tom Hanks - Forrest Gump (1994)

CavernousScaredArcticduck-size_restricted.gif

Viola Davis - Fences (2018)

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

I’m obsessed with her in the first episode of Mare of Easttown and I can’t wait for the rest of the season!

I expected it to be a British period piece when I heard the name but it ended up being a murder mystery, just my kinda thing. :wub: Definitely recommend!

As for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, I didn't expect it to show up quite yet. :(  Sorry Chris. :hug: