Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

8. MERYL STREEP

02984237-d9bd-4068-b8c3-e6ee4fcc2fa9

giphy.gif

Miranda Priestly - The Devil Wears Prada (2006)

Film Synopsis: The film adaptation stars Meryl Streep as Miranda Priestly, a powerful fashion magazine editor, and Anne Hathaway as Andrea "Andy" Sachs, a college graduate who goes to New York City and lands a job as Priestly's co-assistant. Emily Blunt and Stanley Tucci co-star as co-assistant Emily Charlton and art director Nigel Kipling, respectively. Adrian Grenier, Simon Baker, and Tracie Thoms play key supporting roles. The film received positive reviews from critics, with Streep's performance being singled out for acclaim. Initial reviews of the film focused primarily on Streep's performance, praising her for making an extremely unsympathetic character far more complex than she had been in the novel. This earned her many award nominations, including an Oscar nomination for Best Actress, as well as a Golden Globe win for Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical.

ALEX: 4
DEREK: 4

STEVEN: 7

ELLIOTT: 8

REI: 8

TOM: 8

WALLACE: 11

CHRIS: 12

GIGI: 16

QK: 16

ALEX

Miranda Priestly is one of the most iconic villains in cinematic history. She is a gay icon and I love her.

DEREK

Legendary actress. This won probably because it's a popular movie with lots of cultural impact. But I think Meryl's performance is still outstanding here. She does a lot with this role that could otherwise be one-note and boring, and she carries the movie on her back. Anne and Emily and Stanley are all fine but this movie is 100% about Meryl's character and performance.

STEVEN

The Devil Wears Prada is a well-made movie, but Meryl Streep's portrayal of Miranda Priestly is what really makes it a memorable film. She's perfect in the role. What's supposed to be the mean boss we're supposed to hate actually ends up being a fascinating character that's fun to watch. Meryl nails the role with a soft-spoken yet intimidating delivery, making Miranda Priestly one of the most popular movie villains.

ELLIOTT

Meryl Streep could play Batman and she'd be the correct choice for the role.

REI

Ooh so good! Queen!

TOM

Meryl does an impeccable job playing the boss from hell! We stan.

WALLACE

Meryl is an amazing actress and I know this was a huge film. But never saw this film. I’ll put this higher’ish and over other actors+actresses I like more than Meryl considering the actress she is.

CHRIS

She is Miranda Priestley in this movie. Love the movie and Meryl, but ranking a tad bit lower as I feel there's some other actresses that requires more help. But I'd be happy if this wins.

GIGI

She's a legend, what more can I say.

QK

Meryl has been in so many movies and is definitely an icon but none of the movies she has been in are favorites of mine.

• Steven_ changed the title to Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (#8 Posted)
17 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

I’m dying at @*Wallace’s write-up. :dead: “Amy is a good actress.” 😂 That’s all I had to do? :dead:

17 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Yeah he put a lot of work into that write up. :dead:

Lmaoo we weren't required to write 100 words though. :dead: 

On 4/21/2021 at 6:35 PM, taylorkat said:

Sandra Bullock was robbed of a top 10 spot.

Mhmm. :( 

On 4/21/2021 at 6:39 PM, QueenKalie said:

All these people coming for Wally. :dead:

On 4/21/2021 at 7:58 PM, Elliott said:

#BlameWally

On 4/21/2021 at 8:38 PM, QueenKalie said:

Apparently that's Wally's fault. 

On 4/21/2021 at 9:54 PM, Elliott said:

He ranked Gravity last...

Wow you all are a bunch of haters.  :dead: 

On 4/21/2021 at 11:27 PM, 1234567890 said:

I mean some of ya'll have made questionable rankings in regards to tanks so fair is fair? :dead:

It wasn't a tank. I just didn't care for what I saw from him.

On 4/20/2021 at 10:46 AM, Alex95 said:

King of avoiding bottom three!

YESSS! :wub:  

Thanks to all the rankers for helping Will Smith avoid the Bottom 3! ❤️ 

On 4/20/2021 at 8:26 PM, QueenKalie said:

Didn't realize so many people disliked Leo that much. 

Lol I could have told you this in the Actors rankdown. He got eliminated quite early, I used him as a buyback choice and then he was eliminated sometime after. I don't think he made the Top 100 there. So yeah he's not well liked here. :( 

2 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

It's almost even gender wise which is kinda surprising since JC and James aren't here. But I did like all 3 guys left so I am not complaining.

IDF has been nice and more supportive of men in these rankdowns this year versus past years. 😮 :haha: 

17 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

IDF has been nice and more supportive of men in these rankdowns this year versus past years. 😮 :haha: 

Except the Drag Race rankdown has had zero women make it in three tries

• Haha 1