Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

23 minutes ago, #jeah said:

Man I should have gotten in my rankings but why is everyone so anti-Will Smith? He’s definitely one of the weaker actors here but Fresh Prince is a more iconic role than anything that has shown up so far. :haha: 

I have a long-standing dislike of Will Smith

17. WILL SMITH

l7uVc5s.gif

QHs2lJ8.gif

Will Smith - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (1990)

Series Synopsis: The series stars Will Smith as a fictionalized version of himself, a street-smart teenager from West Philadelphia who is sent to move in with his wealthy uncle and aunt in their Bel Air mansion after getting into a fight in his hometown. However, his lifestyle often clashes with the lifestyle of his upper-class relatives. The character and Will Smith's portrayal received near unanimous praise from television critics & audiences alike. UGO editor Bryan Enk praised Will Smith's role as the character, stating 'Rarely has there been a television series so perfectly tailor-made for its star than The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air [...] Fresh Prince fit Will Smith like a glove; it was obviously a showcase for him, but his co-stars were just as good, and Smith never hogged the spotlight (or the camera), allowing each cast member to shine in every episode.'" According to Rampage Online, "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air stands out as one of the greatest sitcoms to grace our TV screens during the 1990s. Through both humor and seriousness, the show managed to captivate audiences in a way that has yet to be replicated. It also served as an inspiration to many of the shows that would follow in its footsteps, all while helping change the way people of color were seen on TV.

WALLACE: 1
GIGI: 8

QK: 10

ALEX: 11

STEVEN: 13

DEREK: 15

ELLIOTT: 17

CHRIS: 19

TOM: 19

REI: 20

WALLACE

My favorite actor & all-time sitcom? Of course, I’m going to rank this #1. I love Will and this show was a very big part of my TV watching life. I expect some rankers to trash him, his acting and this show in their comments so a big whatever to them. I’ll put this at #1 with no regrets.

GIGI

I'm putting Will here because I watch Fresh Prince and like it, I've probably seen all of the episodes by now.

QK

I watched so much Fresh Prince when I was growing up what a fantastic show. Will did go on to do a lot of fun blockbuster movies as well but he will always be the Fresh Prince to me.

ALEX

Yes, I read all the shade! I ranked it a little higher than maybe it deserves to see if it could make it out of last place. It doesn't deserve last place. Maybe Will Smith's a weaker actor than some actors I ranked below him, but his performance is stronger. Comedic and dramatic as hell. He may be no Leo DiCaprio, but the scene of Will breaking down after his father leaves him is stronger than anything Leo did in Catch Me If You Can.

STEVEN

I'm surprised Will Smith has a lot of naysayers here. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is one of the best sitcoms from the 90's, and Will Smith's charismatic performance was a driving force behind its success. He did both comedy and drama extremely well, and the scene when he breaks down after his father leaves him again is one I still see discussed today. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is a great show, and I'm glad it was the winning role for Will Smith in this rankdown.

DEREK

I think we all agree that Will is amazing in this. He's another one of those comedic actors that has drama chops. I probably prefer his comedy roles. But tbh I have not seen Fresh Prince so I don't know where to put this.

ELLIOTT

Men In Black deserved.

CHRIS

Certainly Will's signature role but it just doesn't measure up to the others & I can't really justify having it higher than this compare to the other movies and shows that had a bigger impact on me.

TOM

Apparently it will not be a good look if we all rank him at 20, so 19 it is!

REI

I’m sorry but no!

Edited by Steven_

• Steven_ changed the title to Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (#17 Posted)

16. LEONARDO DiCAPRIO

tumblr_mtcm71ReTF1sh1vgto2_500.gif

R2b86d9a3b552c1bd412080f13686b85e?rik=Mh

Frank Abagnale, Jr. - Catch Me If You Can (2002)

Plot Summary: Frank Abagnale, Jr. (Leonardo DiCaprio) worked as a doctor, a lawyer, and as a co-pilot for a major airline -- all before his 18th birthday. A master of deception, he was also a brilliant forger, whose skill gave him his first real claim to fame: At the age of 17, Frank Abagnale, Jr. became the most successful bank robber in the history of the U.S. FBI Agent Carl Hanratty (Tom Hanks) makes it his prime mission to capture Frank and bring him to justice, but Frank is always one step ahead of him. Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 96% approval rating and says, "With help from a strong performance by Leonardo DiCaprio as real-life wunderkind con artist Frank Abagnale, Steven Spielberg crafts a film that's stylish, breezily entertaining, and surprisingly sweet." Roger Ebert heavily praised DiCaprio's performance, and concluded "This is not a major Spielberg film, although it is an effortlessly watchable one." DiCaprio was nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama for this role. In 2018, Entertainment Weekly ranked Leonardo DiCaprio's roles too, and Catch Me If You Can took the #1 spot as well. The site said, "DiCaprio is delightfully persuasive, deceptive, flirtatious, and sometimes tragic — and we dare you to find a better role, if you can."

STEVEN: 2

QK: 6
WALLACE: 6
GIGI: 9

REI: 15

DEREK: 17

ELLIOTT: 18

ALEX: 19

CHRIS: 20

TOM: 20

STEVEN

I like several of Leonardo DiCaprio's films, but Catch Me If You Can is probably my favorite movie of his. Sure, he gives a more impressive acting performance in other films (such as What's Eating Gilbert Grape, The Aviator, and The Wolf of Wall Street), but he's excellent in this film too! Catch Me If You Can is a fun movie, and you can't help but root for Leonardo's character even though he's in the wrong. Leonardo DiCaprio brings a lot of charm to this role and proved once again he's a great leading man.

QK

Leo has been in a million movies and a lot of them are very good. He's a fantastic actor no doubt.

WALLACE

Leonardo is an amazing actor. Probably not the movie I’d like to have him represented here but I’ll rank him here anyway.

GIGI

He's not a favorite of mine, but I do think he's a good actor.

REI

Probably my favorite Leonardo movie. While he did great, this could have been easily done by any other actor.

DEREK

Not my choice for Leo at all. Better than Titanic, but this one just slipped by because I think we were all tanking things lol. This is a fine role and fine movie but it doesn't stand out to me as a WOW ACTING moment.

ELLIOTT

Yes I'm ranking this low because I'm pressed Titanic didn't win EITHER round it was a part of. For shame.

ALEX

Lol this was still such a random win for Leo.

CHRIS

I am not the biggest fan of Leo; movie is good but I feel he has better role than this one.

TOM

Since it would not be a good look to rank Will at 20, Leonardo is a perfectly good alternative!

• Steven_ changed the title to Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (#16 Posted)