Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

20. NICHOLAS HOULT

tumblr_pn0rxgxrUd1u8krpyo4_r2_640.gifv

tumblr_pn0rxgxrUd1u8krpyo6_r1_640.gifv

Robert Harley - The Favourite (2018)

Film Synopsis: In the early 18th century, England is at war with the French. Nevertheless, duck racing and pineapple eating are thriving. A frail Queen Anne occupies the throne, and her close friend, Lady Sarah, governs the country in her stead, while tending to Anne's ill health and mercurial temper. When a new servant, Abigail, arrives, her charm endears her to Sarah. Sarah takes Abigail under her wing, and Abigail sees a chance to return to her aristocratic roots. Nicholas Hoult plays Robert Harley, the Leader of the Opposition, who as a landowner argues against a doubling of property taxes proposed to fund the war. The Favourite won the Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Acting Ensemble in 2018.

TOM: 2
CHRIS: 11
GIGI: 12

DEREK: 14

ELLIOTT: 15

ALEX: 17

STEVEN: 17

REI: 19

QK: 20

WALLACE: 20

TOM

Olivia Colman, Nicholas Hoult, Rachael Weisz and Emma Stone starring in a film about British royal family machinations? An instant favorite (pun intended) of mine. Nicholas has the only memorable male role in it so if it couldn't win Emma's round I'm glad it won Nicholas's.

CHRIS

Love both Nicholas and The Favourite; ranking it here as I can't really justify having him any higher than this.

GIGI

Taylor Swift's boyfriend is in The Favourite as well if I'm reading things right.  I've never seen it, so I rank here for other reasons.

DEREK

Well, if Emma couldn't win for this at least Mr. Hoult is here to do her justice. This role does not do as much to drive the movie as some of the others I'm putting above it.

ELLIOTT

I would do Nicholas Hoult seventeen thousand ways to Sunday and back.

ALEX

A really fun performance from Hoult and he deserved a lot more acclaim for it, however I think the women steal the movie and completely own it so I understand how he ended up forgotten (also probably unpopular opinion but Joe Alwyn is also just as great and just as deserving of acclaim as Hoult).

STEVEN

Nicholas Hoult's Harley is more of a supporting role, but I can understand why it won for his round. Hoult gives an amusing performance, and he's memorable even though the three female leads are the stars of the film.

REI

Love Nicholas but this is just not on the level of the others.

QK

I wasn't familiar with this name so I ranked him last. I googled him and apparently he played Hank Mccoy in the X-Men movies so I guess I do know him after all. I should probably move him up in the rankings because of that but I am too lazy so I will leave him.

WALLACE

Don’t really know him and never seen this movie.

• Steven_ changed the title to Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (#20 Posted)