The Voice Australia Season 9

Teraginn

7 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

So all the contestants flying back home now makes sense - I'm guessing the coaches have to cull their Top 5 to a Top 2 for the semi-finals - Guy will choose Timothy Bowen and Johnny Manuel (Adam's flown back to Adelaide), Delta I'm guessing will choose Stellar but I'm not sure who the 2nd one is. Kelly will definitely pick Chris Sebastian and not sure about George's team though (maybe Siala)?

Wait, they already filmed The Showdowns?? Sorry I haven't been paying attention to the schedule. 

Just now, mjdolorico said:

Wait, they already filmed The Showdowns?? Sorry I haven't been paying attention to the schedule. 

From what I've seen on crew/production team's social media they've filmed The Showdowns and the Semi-Final!! The showdowns were filmed around 2 weeks ago and then Carol Mackie (Guy's makeup artist) posted a story of Delta in her chair this past Monday.

Delta also said in her IG live on Thursday that she's got a few performances this week which I'm guessing is the duet with contestants/performing a new song in the grand finale seeing as Guy's performing in the semi-final. It'll be interesting to see how Kelly and George will be singing with their contestants - it'll be like a Zoom performance 😅

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

From what I've seen on crew/production team's social media they've filmed The Showdowns and the Semi-Final!! The showdowns were filmed around 2 weeks ago and then Carol Mackie (Guy's makeup artist) posted a story of Delta in her chair this past Monday.

Delta also said in her IG live on Thursday that she's got a few performances this week which I'm guessing is the duet with contestants/performing a new song in the grand finale seeing as Guy's performing in the semi-final. It'll be interesting to see how Kelly and George will be singing with their contestants - it'll be like a Zoom performance 😅

Thank you for that. Really hope you're right about your spec on Guy's team.... I want Timothy to go all the way. 😁

21 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Website of 9now said that after this Playoffs, there'll be only 5 weeks left for the show this season. I think Live Playoffs and Showdowns is part of the Live Shows. 

This is how I think it'll go:

Live Playoffs- 3 consecutive days this week

Showdowns- next week

Live Shows- 3 consecutive weeks

Grand Finale- week after Live Shows

What about this guys? Is it not true?

8 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Thank you for that. Really hope you're right about your spec on Guy's team.... I want Timothy to go all the way. 😁

Haha it's really just a guess - but the strongest contestants on Guy's team are Adam, Timothy and Johnny in my opinion. Seeing as Adam looks like he's back home in Adelaide with his family (and they haven't quite finished filming the show yet) I'm guessing he won't make it to the semi-final/grand final. 

1 minute ago, abraaom1 said:

What about this guys? Is it not true?

I never saw anything about there being 5 weeks left of the show - on the 9Now website it says we're 'weeks away from the grand final' but never mentioned how many weeks. I also don't think they'll be any 'live' shows - it looks like the grand final will be pre-recorded this coming week so maybe they'll just do the winner announcement 'live' (though that might be pre-recorded with all grand finalists recording their 'winners reaction' seeing as it's a hassle to get all the coaches/hosts to come back 2 weeks later just to announce the winner)

1 minute ago, Rach88 said:

I never saw anything about there being 5 weeks left of the show - on the 9Now website it says we're 'weeks away from the grand final' but never mentioned how many weeks. I also don't think they'll be any 'live' shows - it looks like the grand final will be pre-recorded this coming week so maybe they'll just do the winner announcement 'live' (though that might be pre-recorded with all grand finalists recording their 'winners reaction' seeing as it's a hassle to get all the coaches/hosts to come back 2 weeks later just to announce the winner)

Yeah I didn't find anything about 5 weeks as well. But it would be nice for sure.

We're probably going to have a bloodbath in two weeks haha.

Just now, abraaom1 said:

We're probably going to have a bloodbath in two weeks haha.

Absolutely!! Haha I also feel for the coaches who will get so much hate for their choices - last year one contestant from each team was eliminated at the start of the finals and I remember viewers were so mad that coaches chose who stayed and not the public.

Imagine now when they go from Top 20 - Top 8 -Top 4 without any public voting - they'll be heaps of favourites who are gone by then

3 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Absolutely!! Haha I also feel for the coaches who will get so much hate for their choices - last year one contestant from each team was eliminated at the start of the finals and I remember viewers were so mad that coaches chose who stayed and not the public.

Imagine now when they go from Top 20 - Top 8 -Top 4 without any public voting - they'll be heaps of favourites who are gone by then

I'm really hoping that's not it. But seeing how the show has little to no respect for the contestants, I wouldn't be surprised if that happens.

I'm really hoping that's not it. But seeing how the show has little to no respect for the contestants, I wouldn't be surprised if that happens.

Oh sorry I realise I didn't make it very clear - this is definitely the format because Nine has released the info on their 'programming guide' for next week - 2 episodes of Showdowns (Top 20) and then Semi-Finals next Tuesday (Top 8 -> Top 4 for Grand Final).

There's not much info on public voting but I highly doubt that's going to happen until the grand final seeing as they're pre-recording everything.

https://tvtonight.com.au/wp-content/uploads/Program-Guide-TCN-SD-Sun-Jul-12-2020.pdf

3 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Oh sorry I realise I didn't make it very clear - this is definitely the format because Nine has released the info on their 'programming guide' for next week - 2 episodes of Showdowns (Top 20) and then Semi-Finals next Tuesday (Top 8 -> Top 4 for Grand Final).

There's not much info on public voting but I highly doubt that's going to happen until the grand final seeing as they're pre-recording everything.

https://tvtonight.com.au/wp-content/uploads/Program-Guide-TCN-SD-Sun-Jul-12-2020.pdf

Wow so they're really cutting over half of the contestants on the showdowns. That's brutal.

It would be better if they didn't pick any wildcards after the playoffs, I think the eliminations would be more reasonable. But on the other hand, it gives another contestant more screen time.

Thanks for the info!

Edited by abraaom1
  • Like 1

Do you think each coach has to choose who they eliminate from their own team if there's no public voting?

My crazy theory is that each coach might get a say for everyone's teams - e.g. Guy, George, Kelly and Delta all choose the contestant from Team Guy they think should be eliminated. Whoever gets the most votes is then eliminated.

It might get a little messy though so they might just stick to Guy choosing 2 contestants he wants to progress to the semi-finals. I just don't think that format is very fair, especially because there's obviously some coach 'favourites'.

Wow so they're really cutting over half of the contestants on the showdowns. That's brutal.

It would be better if they didn't pick any wildcards after the playoffs, I think the eliminations would be more reasonable. But on the other hand, it gives another contestant more screen time.

It really is brutal!! I agree with you - the wildcards just make it even more difficult. Instead of eliminating half your team it's now choosing 2 to stay and 3 to go.

Also quite difficult to cram in 10 performances for each episode of the Showdowns and then 8 performances in the semi-finals.

I wonder if ratings will go up or down - the finals usually don't rate as well because having singers do a performance each is apparently not as 'interesting' as 2 contestants duke it out on-stage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Do you think each coach has to choose who they eliminate from their own team if there's no public voting?

My crazy theory is that each coach might get a say for everyone's teams - e.g. Guy, George, Kelly and Delta all choose the contestant from Team Guy they think should be eliminated. Whoever gets the most votes is then eliminated.

It might get a little messy though so they might just stick to Guy choosing 2 contestants he wants to progress to the semi-finals. I just don't think that format is very fair, especially because there's obviously some coach 'favourites'.

On The Voice of Holland they used to have something like this on the live shows. After the performances each coach gave ratings to every performance, and the four scores are averaged and added up to a public vote score. This final score determined the acts at the bottom. Not sure how the eliminations worked from this point on (I don't speak Dutch lol)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

That'll be sooo messy if that happens. I think they'll just let the coach choose who they wanna move forward in their own team?

• Thanks 1

Here's the description for next week's shows:

Sun Jul 12, 2020

The Showdowns 1: The Showdowns begin. The Top 20 compete for a place in the Semi Final.

Mon Jul 13, 2020

The Showdowns 2: The Showdowns continue. The final artists compete for the last 4 spots in the Semi Final.

Tue Jul 14, 2020

Semi Final: The Top 8 compete for a place in the Grand Finale. Four will go through and four will go home. Plus Guy Sebastian and Daryl Braithwaite perform their new singles

Edited by Rach88

Just now, anonymouskid_35 said:

That'll be sooo messy if that happens. I think they'll just let the coach choose who they wanna move forward in their own team?

Yeah, me too. They love some drama, don't they? 😅

2 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

You're right - I just think it's horrible for the coaches to have to decide who leaves the show in the finals.

I understand they do it for battles/play-offs, but once it gets down to your top 5 it would be brutal.

I'm interested to know how they're going from Top 8 semi-finalists to the Top 4. Any ideas? Maybe coaches just pick their fave contestant? Or somehow they incorporate public voting into it?

This might be the first time in a couple seasons where every coach has a grand finalist - usually when it's up to the public vote there's a coach who has 2 in the grand final and 1 coach who has none. 

Interesting ratings battle between 3 reality juggernauts - Big Brother and The Voice will both be airing their grand finals on the same day (Sunday 19 July) and Masterchef's semi-final will also air that day as well (grand final most likely the next day). Tight battle for viewers to watch the grand finals of these shows.

12 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Singles for tonight:

Johnny Manuel - Forever Young (Alphaville)

Wolf Winters - Dance Monkey (Tones & I)

Graeme Isaako - I'm Kissing You

Clarissa Spata - O Verona / O Fortuna

Masha Mnjoyan - I Have Nothing (Whitney Houston)

Elyse Sene-Lefao - I Have Nothing (Whitney Houston)

Adam Ludewig - Call Out My Name (The Weeknd)

Josh Pywell - Blinding Lights (The Weeknd)

Siala - Fame '90 (David Bowie)

Nathan Isaac -Let's Dance  (David Bowie)

Despina Savva - Bette Davis Eyes (Kim Carnes)

Alex Weybury - Issues (Julia Michaels)

Interesting one cuz I saw Jesse's IG story where he told SOME of the performers tonight, and Emmagen and Steve is one of em

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Interesting one cuz I saw Jesse's IG story where he told SOME of the performers tonight, and Emmagen and Steve is one of em

Seems like Emmagen/Steve will be Tuesday since Jesse/Stellar and Claudia/Matt & Janie are up for Monday.

Looks like they'll be doing 6/6/4, which makes sense. We'll get one final pairing from each coach on Tuesday, with Delta's being Emmagen/Steve.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IAN27TAY said:

can someone enlighten me? elyse is eliminated right??

She's back as a replacement for Caleb on George's team since Caleb had to quit due to him being on New Zealand.

Also, Ella from Kelly had to quit, the replacement still unknown (speculations say it's Xy)

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1