The Voice Australia Season 9

Teraginn

Just saw Jimi the Kween on the preview of this round on the start of the show tonight, what a bummer lmao, no wonder Kelly did not picked any of Jimi nor Elishia.

I am pretty sure it's Jimi since she's the only one that uses wigs, and I saw an artist singing with a white wig on the preview lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, abraaom1 said:

I'm in love with Despina's version of Bette Davis Eyes. Hope she makes it through.

Considering that Kelly didn't have strong singers on her team, I'm pretty sure Despina will get her wildcard. Lyric and Bo'Ness was a much weaker artists

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Surprising that Matt & Janie vs Claudia isn't up tonight. 

I felt like, like the last premieres of this season, the opening is just so underwhelming for me. It fell flat for me, but I'm looking forward for Tim and Stellar's performances tomorrow 😍

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Considering that Kelly didn't have strong singers on her team, I'm pretty sure Despina will get her wildcard. Lyric and Bo'Ness was a much weaker artists

Don't forget, Kelly has that pairing where she didn't want to choose anyone. Maybe she'd be allowed to take another loser from her other pairings. That sounds about on par with all the rule-breaking this season. 😅

Edited by mjdolorico

6 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I felt like, like the last premieres of this season, the opening is just so underwhelming for me. It fell flat for me, but I'm looking forward for Tim and Stellar's performances tomorrow 😍

Excited for Timothy and Stellar too! 😁

It's confirmed that they're shooting the Grand Finale on Tuesday, with 4 possible endings shot so no-one knows who wins until they air it on the night (based on public voting). Anyone want to take guesses who each coach takes through to the grand final?

My guesses are:

Team Delta - Stellar (obvious choice)

Team Kelly - Chris Sebastian (strongest vocally though having his brother as a coach may not sit well with voters)
Team Guy - Timothy Bowen/Johnny (Timothy deserves it but Johnny is probably more of a 'fan favourite')

Team George - absolutely no clue!!! It could be Angela/Masha/Siala

• Like 2

Just now, jarmon said:

I think I am in the minority here but I just don't get the appeal of Johnny? Like I haven't loved any of his performances so far. And his cover of "Forever Young", yikes!

HARD SAME DUDE. His blinds was really one of the BEST this season for me, but it goes downhill from there, he just sounds weirdly the same every time he performs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jarmon said:

I think I am in the minority here but I just don't get the appeal of Johnny? Like I haven't loved any of his performances so far. And his cover of "Forever Young", yikes!

Personally, the fact that he was already a semi-finalist on America's Got Talent takes a bit of the shine away. I've gotten pretty sick of all his runs and over-singing, but viewers seem to still love him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rach88 said:

It's confirmed that they're shooting the Grand Finale on Tuesday, with 4 possible endings shot so no-one knows who wins until they air it on the night (based on public voting). Anyone want to take guesses who each coach takes through to the grand final?

My guesses are:

Team Kelly - Chris Sebastian (strongest vocally though having his brother as a coach may not sit well with voters)
Team Guy - Timothy Bowen/Johnny (Timothy deserves it but Johnny is probably more of a 'fan favourite')

Delta- Stellar (she's honestly kind of like the TCO this season, I think)

Kelly- Chris (but honestly, it's anyone's game. Others may pull tremendous performances, like Mark)

Guy- Johnny (psh even though I would prefer Timothy by a large margin than him lmao, he's just a favorite of Guy)

George- Siala (definitely, I think she will surprise many in the next round)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

HARD SAME DUDE. His blinds was really one of the BEST this season for me, but it goes downhill from there, he just sounds weirdly the same every time he performs

Yeah he does sound the same in every song he sings, however judging from social media everyone loves him. It'll be so tricky for Guy to pick his grand finalist!! His team is made up of strong male vocalists - Adam, Johnny, Timothy.

I personally think Timothy deserves to be in the grand final, but Guy seems to really like Johnny. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rach88 said:

judging from social media everyone loves him. 

Not tonight though 🤭. The majority of the comments in the TVAUS facebook page on their video says that Wolf deserved the win rather than him lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Kelly- Chris (but honestly, it's anyone's game. Others may pull tremendous performances, like Mark)

Guy- Johnny (psh even though I would prefer Timothy by a large margin than him lmao, he's just a favorite of Guy)

Oh I hope Stellar wins this season, it'll just be stellar haha :wub:

• Like 1

Just now, anonymouskid_35 said:

Haha what does TCO mean? But totally agree that Stellar is the most obvious choice.

The Veronicas said that Siala was their favourite contestant, so I can definitely see her in the grand final. She's also very 'in trend' right now, though knowing The Voice audience is quite old, she probably won't get enough votes to win

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

TCO mean

The Chosen One by the producers or something. She seems to be pimped A LOT, which I'm not complaining about cuz gurl she's a QUEEN for me.

Johnny seems to be getting pimped but always edited as controversial, and that just isn't doing him any favors lol

EDIT: Not pimp, my mistake, I think more of showed in previews or something. The one's heavily pimped is Stellar, her audition and battles were both pimped. She is also always shown on the previews.

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jarmon said:

Oh I hope Stellar wins this season, it'll just be stellar haha :wub:

Me too!!! She's the one to watch out for definitely - Stellar and Timothy are my faves but knowing who's on Guy's team it's not a guarantee that he'll be in the grand final.

If Chris does get to the grand final, I know a lot of people wouldn't vote for him solely because Guy's his brother. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

The Chosen One by the producers or something. She seems to be pimped A LOT, which I'm not complaining about cuz gurl she's a QUEEN for me.

Johnny seems to be getting pimped but always edited as controversial, and that just isn't doing him any favors lol

Ahhh I see - I've definitely seen her featured in a lot of the promos! But yes I love her so much too!

I disagreed with Guy's comment that it's always going to be 'controversial' or 'unfair' for anyone who is battling Johnny because he is such a powerhouse - it's more to do with the fact that Guy keeps giving crap song choices and unfair arrangements to the other contestant, which makes Johnny shine. Imagine if Wolf had sung The Sound of Silence instead of Dance Monkey - that would have been such a tough playoff.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Guy keeps giving crap song choices and unfair arrangements to the other contestant, which makes Johnny shine.

Yeah he's defo making it obvious that Johnny's his favorite lmao. I hate him as a coach, and btw there's some "gossip" I've read about the beef between Guy and Iggy before, the latter saying that Guy wanted to create fake drama on X Factor AUS lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Me too!!! She's the one to watch out for definitely - Stellar and Timothy are my faves but knowing who's on Guy's team it's not a guarantee that he'll be in the grand final.

If Chris does get to the grand final, I know a lot of people wouldn't vote for him solely because Guy's his brother. 

Yeah I feel bad for Chris. Guy was horrible this season and his brother is gonna face the consequences of his actions :(.

21 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

My guesses are:

Mine is 

Team Delta- Stellar Perry or Claudia Harrison

Team Kelly- Chris Sebastian or Lyric McFarland

Team Guy-  Johny Manuel or Timothy Bowen

Team George- Sapphire,Angela, or Roxanne 

• Like 1